Review of tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was in the stands for the first half and on the hill for the second half, and while I agree that Manly played poorly, there were times when we were matching them blow for blow up the middle. There was a period in the first half and another in the second half when we were swapping sets and making good metres with the forwards, both of the periods came to an end in the same way: three quick penalties to NQ and the inevitable try. Maybe those were genuine penalties, but I just got the feeling that the refs were thinking "time for NQ to score, better award some penalties".
I don't think I remember seeing Manly win a penalty count this season. Does anyone else think that it would be a good idea to update the scoreboard at Brookie to show the penalty count as well as the other info ? At least this would then put more focus on the referees to keep it a bit fairer ?
Excellent idea

Come on guys it wasn't all the player's fault.

The refs helped too.

I lost count of the forward passes from dummy half. Along with the laying all over the tackled players - sometimes I counted up to 5 seconds before the ruck was cleared. (A lot longer than the 1-2-3 I have heard some refs call out and then penalise Manly for.)

It seems apparent to me that the NRL would be extremely happy of Manly's performance this year. They got their wish for Manly to fail. It has been coming for a while.

I live in hope that the governing body will become professional (or fair) at least. But it seems a forlorn hope.

We have so many problems with a mostly impotent forward pack don't know where to start..........that's probably unfixable for anybody....but there are several basic areas where we continue to fall down week after week and its hard not to put it down to either a) poor coaching or b) players no longer listening to coach.

- Our markers are often lazy and flat footed and ineffective and often we only get 1 marker ......or if we do get 2 markers then 1 of them is just having a rest and not being part of the defence.

- Our defence is so compacted in the middle of the field when the opposition has the ball in their own half that even the slightest shift to the sidelines see's a clear overlap - do we honestly believe a guy like Thurston wont see that ??? or any decent half ???

- Our kick returns are BY FAR the worst in the league. We let it bounce and make minimal ground once we eventually decide to pick it up....and we rarely pressure the opposition kicker in the latter stages of each half so he has a free shot at open spaces which makes our kick returns worse. I would shout the hill at brookie if one of our back 3 made more than 3 steps to take a ball on the full and charged back quickly at the defence.

Under fatigue all these issues become snowballing and tend to get worse as each half progresses. And this was an effort with the "season' on the line (supposedly )

Its back to ...please just don't come last I'm afraid

-

Here are the RLW ratings....

Stewart - 6
Taufua - 6
Lyon - 6
Matai - 6
Hiku - 7
Foran - 6
Cherry-Evans - 5
Trbojevic - 6
Ballin - 5
Mason - 6
Mateo - 6
Symonds - 6
Sao - 5
Burgess - 7
Starling - 5
Horo - 6
Hodges - 5

Hiku and Burgess rated our best at 7 each? WTF was the RLW 'reporter' smoking???????????
Hiku 3 unforced errors knocking on and four tries scored on him. Must have been his mum or dad.

Come on guys it wasn't all the player's fault.

The refs helped too.

I lost count of the forward passes from dummy half. Along with the laying all over the tackled players - sometimes I counted up to 5 seconds before the ruck was cleared. (A lot longer than the 1-2-3 I have heard some refs call out and then penalise Manly for.)

It seems apparent to me that the NRL would be extremely happy of Manly's performance this year. They got their wish for Manly to fail. It has been coming for a while.

I live in hope that the governing body will become professional (or fair) at least. But it seems a forlorn hope.
I think that is the solution for the ruck make a call on number of seconds and tell the world. I saw at least 20 flops from the cows go unpenalised in the game.

Hiku 3 unforced errors knocking on and four tries scored on him. Must have been his mum or dad.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

1st try Lyon is marked up on the second rower = Hiku has to mark the center and make it harder to get the ball out. Lyons (and insides) fault
2nd try Hiku is rushing in to close down the backrower, Lyon is already on hit knees without touching a single opposition player and its Hikus fault?
3rd try Hiku has a 3 on 1, Lyon was making a cover tackle in the center of the field due to a stupid error/mini break. Stewart missed the cover tackle in defense bloody Hiku.
4th try Hiku has come across covering as fullback as Stewart was out of position (how dare he help out) and fails to stop the player 1m out at pace that Horo and Matai missed.

only takes a simple look to see our defense was pulled infield far too often.

THIS.!!
"Our markers are often lazy and flat footed and ineffective and often we only get 1 marker ......or if we do get 2 markers then 1 of them is just having a rest and not being part of the defence."

AND THIS.!!

only takes a simple look to see our defense was pulled infield far too often.

= LAZY FORWARDS..!!!

-[/QUOTE]

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4