Return of the T Rex!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The big fella is back!!
Cant wait for Sundays clash vs Panthers.
T Rex looked good vs Qld with limited opportunity & will give massive impact looking to make up for lost time.
Rumours T Rex has a slight injury but hey, any player will be sore after missing 8-9 weeks & walking into the fire of SOO!!
T Rex has become the sort of player where his raw power can potentially create an opportunity every time he gets the ball.

MK Eagle said:
The big fella is back!!
Cant wait for Sundays clash vs Panthers.
T Rex looked good vs Qld with limited opportunity & will give massive impact looking to make up for lost time.
Rumours T Rex has a slight injury but hey, any player will be sore after missing 8-9 weeks & walking into the fire of SOO!!
T Rex has become the sort of player where his raw power can potentially create an opportunity every time he gets the ball.

Love the Big T-REX. Much better player than Dave Taylor, who the media seem to olve. Welcome back big fella. Very harshly delt with IMO. I think he's a very big part of 2v's plan this year.

MK Eagle - do you think T-Rex will start the game or will he come off the bench?

Jennings was the Panthers main attacking threat the last time we played them so not unhappy that he has a 1 match suspension.

I'd play him off the bench

Off a suspension and backing up, no need to force the issue

great to see him back watching last night shows how much we have missed him ,love seeing him always palm off the first would be tackler its awesome and funny all rolled into one

Mals said:
MK Eagle - do you think T-Rex will start the game or will he come off the bench?

Jennings was the Panthers main attacking threat the last time we played them so not unhappy that he has a 1 match suspension.
Agree on Jennings & at 1 stage last night Lewis was struggling, without both its a much easier day....
Think T Rex will come off the bench, especially early on to gain much needed match fitness after a lengthly layoff.
We have so many quality players at Manly but this guy....took so long to get that mongrel & belief in his game - for mine the most improved over the past 2 years.
Always good to see a big humble giant realise such a gifted talent.

Damn - just read the Gibbs report - what a shocker!!
T Rex showed no major injury signs, always risky having many weeks out & rocking up for the most physical contest on earth, even for a man mountain.
Anyways, even a slight risk is not necessary at this stage - long as the big fella's firing at the business end its all good.
Have just missed him throwing ppl around the footy field, adds that missing starch that gives us massive ascendency in the tough games.

Jimmy Jazz said:
On 2UE Johnny Gibbs just said that T-Rex is out indefinitely with a back injury. Hope it's only precautionary.

Yeah great he'll be out for a couple of weeks and then come back for origin 2. Fk I'm over this origin ****.

Gibbs reports TRex out for about 6 weeks
?? And sounded pretty convinced he was about to sign for the dogs, if all true we may not see him play too many more games in the
Maroon and white

Just don't understand.
At Parra and sent to play on the wing - can't run - a big waste and they can't teach him.
Go to Manly - back to basics - teach him how to run - make him the star that he is - then sold back to Parra - who is coming last with no show of improvement.

Loyalty just ain't what it used to be!

If he goes it has nothing to do with loyalty. It is because of the salary cap. Most players have earned a price increase after the premiership win, notably Foran and DCE. It simply doesn't leave enough cap space to re-sign everyone.

I will be furious if we lose him.

There are no limits to the number of third party arrangements that any one club can have. Kepping him has nothing to do with the salary cap. We can keep him if our football club and his manager pull their finger out and find a third party deal.

Our football club needs to be at arms length and cannot use a current sponsor ... understand all that. But we can get an indicative figure from his manager and a third party sponsor could be sourced to match any rival offer.

If he is out for 6 weeks to sort out this mess and his injury then so be it. But don't tell me we have to give up so easily and just accept that we will lose him.

I realise we cant keep everyone.

I would rather keep Brett, Ballin and Matai if it means losing TRex well so be it.

silvertail said:
I will be furious if we lose him.

There are no limits to the number of third party arrangements that any one club can have. Kepping him has nothing to do with the salary cap. We can keep him if our football club and his manager pull their finger out and find a third party deal.

Our football club needs to be at arms length and cannot use a current sponsor ... understand all that. But we can get an indicative figure from his manager and a third party sponsor could be sourced to match any rival offer.

If he is out for 6 weeks to sort out this mess and his injury then so be it. But don't tell me we have to give up so easily and just accept that we will lose him.

Do you realise the calibre of players we have re-signed recently? I would say any possible 3rd party deals have been used to make sure we kept those guys.

As far as his manager getting him deals - how would that help us keep him if other clubs are going to pay more than we can? He would just take those deals with him.

It was inevitable that we were going to lose someone. Right now, out of the players that haven't re-signed, he is the one I could handle losing.........I can see him missing a LOT of games through suspension because of his size and strength due to slightly mistimed tackles.

And Manly will do what they always do and bring someone else through to take his place, and continue to be the best club in all of league.

Been expecting this, I always figured it would be t Rex and lussick we shed... I just hope that's it, surely whatever we offered t Rex is enough to now boost snakes contract and lock down ballin, Matai and whare, who are the only essential re signings left.

Piece of **** if true

He was nothing for most of his time with us and when he actually plays a few good games kthxbye

mickqld said:
Jimmy Jazz said:
On 2UE Johnny Gibbs just said that T-Rex is out indefinitely with a back injury. Hope it's only precautionary.

Yeah great he'll be out for a couple of weeks and then come back for origin 2. Fk I'm over this origin s**t.

Too right, and all the while we get to pay his salary and it must be counted in the salary cap.

I HATE ORIGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6