"Return of disgraced football star"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
"Return of disgraced football star"

That was the top banner on the FRONT page of today's Daily Telegraph aside a photo of Brett Stewart to promote the story of his selection in the sports pages.

Leave aside that Inglis is also likely to play this weekend (and there are no photos of the girl in Stewart's alleged incident with black eyes), on what grounds do the Telegraph justify referring to Stewart in such a way?

One to clip for the impending defamation case once he's cleared in court methinks. 

Re: "Return of disgraced football star"

My edition said "Disgraced Eagle back in team".

and they will just trot out the excuse that they are referring to his banning for drunkenness etc.

Fro link said:
My edition said \"Disgraced Eagle back in team\".

They probably have to use fewer syllables in the edition sent to Bafurst. 

Yep, thats probably it.

We can get the same message across with less wasted reading time.

I thought this was a news flash on Inglis. Poor form on Stewart, but not unexpected from that end of town.

On Inglis, how is it possible that nothing got resolved today? Our 'justice' system continues to be a joke. There is no mention of a requested continuance from either party, just that Inglis's lawyer stated that he was virtually deserving of an Order of Australia as he "acted as a right thinking member of society would, that is he protected her from harm".

I don't know all the facts but surely his original statement to police was misleading? And hers was a falsehood? The matter is adjourned until October 14th.

The NRL said they would support his playing if the charges were withdrawn. That hasn't happened.

The two week suspension of Inglis was always a nominal attempt to cover his arse, without any real impact, with Melbourne's 4th place seemingly assured, and top two apparently out of reach. 

But with two losses and the News Ltd Melbourne Storm now facing dropping out of the four with one more loss, to the betting man the odds of Gallop continuing the suspension to maintain equity with the Stewart suspension are long indeed.

I dont know all the facts either but interesting fact is that how can someone allegedly get a couple of black eyes as a result of someone trying to help them.  I am a simple man but this is a bit beyond me.

The problem is the truth in this case (& Bretts for that matter) probably sits somehwere in the middle.

Who knows, maybe she was threatening to light another winfield and we all know that is carcinogenic. However on a more serious note we don't know what happened.

However the charges are serious and if proved a degree of disgrace would certainly flow. But as with Brett there is no conviction, no proof of any offence as yet. So, to be branded 'disgraced' in those circumstances may well be worth some legal action down the track. That is grossly disgusting editorial policy.

Reminds me of the old joke

What do you say to a woman with 2 black eyes ?

Nothing, she has already been told twice

Maybe Gregory thought this was the correct way to help somebody

The ol' smellograph. If Stewart REALLY wanted to go after someone legally "if" he is acquitted of all charges - I reckon he could net himself a tidy nest egg.

Regardless of how say the NRL spin it by saying they were punishing for being drunk - they have not adhered to that precedent - and perception is everything.

There is something called non-intentional discrimination. Like it or not - The NRL's, the News Limited media writers lead people to believe he was guilty as charged (however their point was put across).

I'm still filthy at that Magnay article - and I would love to see him start a lawsuit right there. Heck - if he's innocent - bring it on that falacy we all know as The Footy Show, and take her to task on it. 

Another example of the Tele always after the negative angle is todays headline about the Dragons choosing to play at Kogarah

"St George Illawarra have turned their back on Wollongong's WIN Stadium"

Exactly mate - and if they DID play out of WIN instead - guess what the differing article title would be. .

These are also big reasons why joint ventures don't work to be honest.

I know this sounds crazy, but if there IS a joint venture, I personally believe you somewhat need to rellocate if possible to neither Home Ground - and possibly change colours / title all together.

Example - say Eels and Penrith (Rather than making them the Parramatta Panthers playing out of sometimes Penrith, sometimes Parramatta - make them say The Central Coast Sleeze, and make them pink and red.

The Wheel link said:
I dont know all the facts either but interesting fact is that how can someone allegedly get a couple of black eyes as a result of someone trying to help them.  I am a simple man but this is a bit beyond me.
  Obviously she was hitting herself silly (as you do) for knight in shining armour to race to the rescue.  Only a cynic would suggest she's changing her tune now her comfortable, cosy existence is threatened.

The media have swept the inglis situation under the carpet propably from boredom on rugby league players incidents this year.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
The media have swept the inglis situation under the carpet propably from boredom on rugby league players incidents this year.
If Gallop had kept his nose out of the Stewart media circus, it too would have died.  But then, he is a News Ltd stooge, with a News Ltd agenda.

If you buy News Ltd papers you get what you deserve.

Rex link said:
If you buy News Ltd papers you get what you deserve.
  I didn't.  I perused it briefly in the waiting room before deciding the Dubbo Daily Libel was more interesting, and that's saying something.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8