retaining wolfman-thoughts?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
havent seen much of wolfy this season,but i would hate to see him go i think hes  a real talent hes young and a player of the future,i think it would be a better option to retain him over robbo i mean robbo is great but wolfman is younger and such a strong runner of the ball its would be a pity to lose robbo i must admit but i could see us losing wolfman only to see him explode at another club,your thoughts?

I've said all along I'd prefer Robbo. He's a superb and hugely underrated winger.

I'd like to try Wolfman in the centres. He has the build for it. He's played there in his junior footy. We have an open spot there (if we move Killer back to the halves, where he tore it up last year).

If he could develop into a centre then by all means throw a bit of cash at him. But if he just wants to stay as a winger, then I don't like it as much. Bani is signed for another two years, Robbo is the most consistent performer at the club. Wolfman has superior marketing ability and is a very good player in his own right, but he'll cost the most of the three and I'm not sure if that is justified.

Robbo hasn't missed a game since coming to the club. I'd sign him then if we can fit Willaims in aswell that's a bonus. Don't forget we also have Orford, Le strange and Hall off-contract aswell.

I'd keep Robbo over Wolfman. Robbo is one of the best wingers going, but sadly never gets the recognition he deserves. I think part of that is because of the times he has been put in to play Fullback.

Id keep Robbo and then see if we can make a play for Williams, but he is definitely second on my shopping list of wingers

Robbo for me is a strange one, when he gets space, he doesn't put the after burners on straight away and it costs him alot. Compare that to Watmough, Hicks or Stewart.

tough call, i just think that we may regret losing wolfman, robbo is great though so i guess ill be content however it pans out.

For mine this season will determine it. Robbo has been around for years and he is not going to get any better. (Not saying he is no good, I love him and have said in another thread id pick him for SOO)

Williams is a bit of an unkown, his rookie season was nothing short of outstanding, and when he comes back from injury, if he displays that form or better than as far as long term prospects go, I'd have to sign him over Robbo.

how old is robbo now?

might be able to keep robbo for 2 years and wolfy on a 3 year backended contract

clontaago link said:
For mine this season will determine it. Robbo has been around for years and he is not going to get any better. (Not saying he is no good, I love him and have said in another thread id pick him for SOO)

Williams is a bit of an unkown, his rookie season was nothing short of outstanding, and when he comes back from injury, if he displays that form or better than as far as long term prospects go, I'd have to sign him over Robbo.
i agree,my main concern was robbos age,and wolfman being younger i see more of a future in wolfman.

Robbo only 25/26 this year i think?

How would Wolfman go at fullback?  His defence and ability to read the game would work against him i'd guess.  I like them both and this is a tough one for the club.

Hall i'd say is going to SL or something.  he's 31 this year and we got T Williams, Jared WH plus Rodney who can take a backrow spot.  I like Hall, but it seems that age and the up and comers would be what pushes him out, unless he has a blinder of a season. 
That run towards the end of the GF...THAT was brilliant.

When's Bani off contract?

This year I think (unfortunately) that he's the weakest of the three.

He may have provided more value this year, but he's nowhere near the player Williams is.

Lets not forget how useful Williams is in attack. Him and Matai take a hell of a lot of pressure off our forwards, something that has been sorely missed so far this season.

Yeah cheers Vol.

But for the games Williams has played he's looked far more dangerous than Bani. I like Bani & not sure if he's got a niggle or if I'm just used to having the hairy one causing damage all the time but Bani looks less impressive than he did at this stage last year.
Williams looked the goods against Leeds and Newcastle. Once he gets over his injuries, he'll be a force that Bani may never be.

reyam link said:
Bani is a reverse grader at best can't believe he is signed for so long

by that do you mean he goes backwards?

We don't have a reserve grade either

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8