Rest players against Penrith?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we rest players en masse I would expect the nrl to impose a fine on us, Toovey just needs to assess a couple of platers who need resting the most

Don't believe in resting players prior to finals . If they are fit enough they should and probably will play. They are professional athletes paid to play. They've got 5 months between seasons there is no way as a player that I'd want to be rested unless I had an injury.

Would Gutherson be called up if Snake does not play as Peta would most likely replace him leaving a wing spot vacant?

Great news on Jamie if accurate.

Toovey said Stewart came off late in Saturday's game as a precaution because of a slight hamstring issue and would be monitored this week.

He said Watmough's knee was still quite sore and would be assessed later this week, but stressed he wouldn't take unnecessary any risks with him for the final round fixture against Penrith.

X-rays later cleared Buhrer of any bone break. However, he will miss at least one game with cartilage damage.

Fullback Stewart is expected to be available for the match against Penrith, although he could be rested ahead of the finals.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/manly-reassured-by-top-four-scalp-20130901-2syfs.html

Brissie Kid that news is all well and good but don't forget this is the time of year when Ducks and Drakes is played with even more mystery than during the regular comp.

If we finish behind Storm, and lose our first semi (which I doubt but just hypothetically) would that mean we may still have to play them later in Melbourne? In any case they are likely to have a real fight on their hands next week too, judging by how the Titans played against the Chooks.

Seems no point in risking Snake or Choc. It's really a nothing game, does it matter whether we play Roosters or Souths in the first semi ?? Neither of them hold any more fear than the other for me. Let's just get to that game with 17 fit guys and if we turn up to play, we win

Jax24 said:
Would Gutherson be called up if Snake does not play as Peta would most likely replace him leaving a wing spot vacant?

I dont think Gutherson is in Manly's 26 playing list for this year. Like Trbojevic, I think they were considered too young for 2013. But I'm sure both will be available for 2014.

I would be resting Watmough, Buhrer, Brett Stewart and Kite for the Penrith game. I suspect each are carrying injuries that need time out.

Yeah, let's rest half the team and put in a disjointed performance one week out from the finals and maybe lose not to mention disrespecting the fans paying their hard earned at the gate and disrespect Kitey in his last home game.

Rest the players that need it due to injury and get on with it.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Wouldn't be resting anybody for the sake of it, why break up any momentum we have going at the moment

I agree. I would only rest a player if he's injured and would benefit from the week off. Otherwise let the Manly machine roll on.

Bearfax said:
Jax24 said:

I dont think Gutherson is in Manly's 26 playing list for this year. Like Trbojevic, I think they were considered too young for 2013. But I'm sure both will be available for 2014.

I would be resting Watmough, Buhrer, Brett Stewart and Kite for the Penrith game. I suspect each are carrying injuries that need time out.

Are you serious? It's Kite's last game at Brookie.

We need to continue the winning form into week 1 of the finals so I'd only be resting Snake if his hammy is a bit sore. Choc probably only needed a week off so I guess he'll come back in for Buhrer.

This happens a lot in the NFL. They rarely risk their top players in a dead rubber game last weekend before the playoffs.

I would happily rest everyone of the 17 players if I could. No different to winning Week 1 in the semis & getting a week off. The rest won't hurt. No extra risk of injuries or suspensions.

For NRL clubs though it may be difficult as you have to juggle the salary cap. Bringing in a player for one game for the first time all year might not be possible if the cap is nearly all taken up.

Nah, Snake, Skivy, Choc, should be rested. Maybe Foran, Ballin DCE should also play limited time.

We still have to win it though, and stay 19 points ahead of the Drizzle.

Killer should be rested and sent to a private oval to practice his place kicks. :exclamation:

I did preface my comment with the condition that they are carrying injuries. If not then fine, but we dont want our best players going into finals only 70-80% fit. We may win the Penrith game in that scenario but it may be at the risk of losing a finals match. Which would you prefer?

I well remember that game Rambo. Goldman welcomed the Panthers onto the ground by claiming they were wooden spoon bound and we were bound for glory. I thought at the time that was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard him say over the mike. Stirred the panthers up and we were smashed.

Put all the eggs in the win-week-1-finals basket. Then they all get a week off. We don't want too many weeks off before a grand final qualifier.

Rest them only if required and they will gain something from the rest. We are in good form at thee moment the team has clicked at the right time of the year. You dont want to lose that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4