Reserve grade superstars

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
KE - big bad Billy Weepu was definitely a goal kicker. Kicked one from half way after the siren at Shark Park one day (Reserve grade) to win the match. He was a funny bloke - managed to get concussed 9 out of every 10 times he hit it up.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Would have loved to have seen him kicking them !!
Kiwi Eagle link said:
Would have loved to have seen him kicking them !!
He wasn't a bad goal kicker KE but as Bradza said, he wasn't right to kick for a lot of the time. I remember a screamer he nailed at brookie from the sideline on a beautiful Sunday arvo - because it cost me a beer lol. He played in the 21's for a while and from memory I think Graham Lowe introduced him to the club around the same time as Gene Ngamu.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=185414.msg296336#msg296336 date=1284960604]
Not that guy...

Just hit me! Billy Weepu was his name (i think)

Don't know if he would have been a goal kicker ? 130kg front rower from the few times I saw him play. His nephew Piri is certainly a good kicker though

Here is a name to throw out there for the older blokes.
Does anybody remember a guy by the name of Mark Edward playing for Manly back in the 70s ?
[/quote]

Piri is his Brother Kiwi, obviously a fair age gap.

he was a cult hero back in the day, he could motor for a big unit, problem was 2 runs a half didn't really cut it.

I remember back in the late 60s and early 70s that players got picked for City Seconds from Manly reserve grade. I think Max Krilich did, Lindsay Drake did and Ray Brown was also in that situation.

This was all well before the salary cap. St George had powerful reserves, then the great Souths sides had amazing back-up, and then we started getting in on the act as well. That was what was needed to be successful back in those days.

Canteen Worker link said:
I remember back in the late 60s and early 70s that players got picked for City Seconds from Manly reserve grade. I think Max Krilich did, Lindsay Drake did and Ray Brown was also in that situation.

At Manly Ray Brown went on a kangaroo tour as backup for Max Krilich.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2