Representative circus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Rep jerseys are becoming comical....players skipping from International teams does not sit right.
At that level its do or die for your country, how is this so when you can play for a 2nd country because Aunt Elmas dog was from there?
Where does it stop, can you have several relatives from different countries & play for 3 or 4 teams if this is the case??
As a fan of Guerra, he was playing for Italy at the world cup so you should live with your honour.
Lets say he is picked for Australia next time we play Italy....its plain wrong.
Maybe need to get it right on our own turf I guess.
All this SOO stuff is the same, the players choose even if playing for the opposite state as a junior or born in the opposite state...just not right really.....
Line in the sand - black or white so either
*Where your born
*Where you first play a game of rugby league

International league beyond the big 3 isn't taken seriously (well Samoa probably takes it seriously but they just don't have the horses).

The talent gap is too big, so for the other participating nations it's just a bit of meaningless fun. Would be interesting to see what happened the first time someone playing a pointless game for say Italy suffered a career ending injury though...

Yes it is
As above
Make it EITHER
Where your born
OR
where you play your 1st game
Not that tricky
Pretty sure Inglis already represented NSW in younger grade which is also black and white....or should be

maxta said:
Yes it is
As above
Make it EITHER
Where your born
OR
Not that tricky
Pretty sure Inglis already represented NSW in younger grade which is also black and white....or should be

Not the Andrew Johns saga again....

manlyfan76 said:
maxta said:
Yes it is
As above
Make it EITHER
Where your born
OR
Not that tricky
Pretty sure Inglis already represented NSW in younger grade which is also black and white....or should

No pretty sure he is from Newcastle and played for NSW which is sweet

maxta said:
manlyfan76 said:
maxta said:
Yes it is
As above
Make it EITHER
Where your born
OR
Not that tricky
Pretty sure Inglis already represented NSW in younger grade which is also black and white....or should

No pretty sure he is from Newcastle and played for NSW which is sweet

I meant his famous origin quote "we must stop the black Cu#t" that Timana Tahu had trouble with.

I recall that 76....not a fan of discrimination but if we had microphones before any NRL game we would hear plenty of harsh tactics and insinuations that could cause debate.
As for Inglis, just an example...been plenty more and already fighting over the up and coming players because of no clear distiction on rules.

How's making someone born in Qld and raised in NSW play for Qld against their wishes fair? And more importantly, why would Qld want him to play for them if he doesn't want to? It's Never Black and White.

If anything you should just nominate your allegience at the time of signing with an NRL club or NRL feeder club. For most players that happens early to mid teens and you should have a fair idea by then.

Well why not allow players to represent NSW in game 1, but if they lose jump ship to QLD because your grandma,s cat lived there??
If thats your opinion, would you accept to the rule of what state you first play footy is who you stick with, thats also black & white.
Anything without rules & a code of conduct will create dramas...watch over the next 5 years when this debate continues about who plays for what state due to lack of regulations.

No. Maybe i was born and bred in Qld but played my first game in NSW (Luke Keary) but i see myself as a Queenslander. How is that fair if they make me play for NSW?

It should be up to the player. Again, as soon as a player reaches a level where Origin representation becomes a possibility* he should be able to nominate his choice and live with it.

*to me origin representation becomes a possibility when a player affiliates (as a player) with an NRL club or and NRL feeder club. This usually happens at high school age. Not too many get picked up after that.

If Greg Inglis was asked to choose at that stage more than likely he would be wearing blue.

Stevo said:
Chip and Chase said:
What if you are born in PNG or New Zealand ??

You need to be an Australian citizen to play for Australia.
Good point, yet you can be an Aussie citizen & represent another country, then, come back & play for Australia....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4