REPORT FROM ANZ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
Feedback / report from ANZ

Ligi Sao = very promising signs very happy with him !

Wolfman = I can see why hes in NSW CUP

Peta Hiku = Great player but wasted when he plays wing... very effective at fullback/centre

Jayden Hodges = Wasted in NSW CUP good performance

Another strange thing ONLY 1 or 2 offlloads ...

Overall absolute no line spead in attack on the edges ... I cant understand this !!!!

ALot of injuries yes we know ... but so many areas we were dissapointing in

Centres too small/old .. The game has changed !!!!

We have made a half hearted clean out ... i believe we should of cut Matty Ballin considering we got jamie Buhrer and Jayden Hodges

The game has changed Manly is BEHIND the times = Bob Fulton is hopefully the answer

I admire you. I've given up going to ANZ for anything other than a final as it's the worst ground in Sydney. The game was very poor, but many of the players are just NSW Cup standard, so it was to be expected.

Was also out in the away supporters bay tonight

When Hiku scored and we went up by 2 I really thought we were going to scrape a victory out but again and throughout the whole game stupid handling errors and penalties cost us!! We gave the dogs way to many penalties and turnover ball

The attitude was there tonight but execution poor. Great to see wolfman back.

Finally Jayden Hodges was a spark of fresh air coming of the bench.

To the Manly fans in the away bay that were at the game well done on turning up and a few Manly Chants got started which was nice to hear!!

Overall frustrating game to be at , should of , could of but didn't tonight

ANZ is the worst for creating atmosphere. I was watching the game on TV wondering if there was even a crowd.

Just goes to show you how dumb the NRL proposed big stadium plan is.

Well, I can't stand ANZ but you would have had a better time than me.
I had to endure the most miserable, one sided, pathetic Channel 9 commentary I have ever heard.
I wish we could turn off the microphones of Hadley, Fittler and Gould they are a trio of muppets.

I had to endure the most miserable, one sided, pathetic Channel 9 commentary I have ever heard.
I wish we could turn off the microphones of Hadley, Fittler and Gould they are a trio of muppets.
Gould is a pr*** he hates manly as you heard tonight.

Hadley constantly got the names wrong...calling Hiku Willame and Burgess Mason, Ligi is now Linguini.....

The Bulldogs had a bunch missing tonight as well. They just coped a hell of a lot better than we did.

I thought we were some chance tonight. But we are no chance next week I'm sad to say.

Maybe when we get back to Brookie.

The Bulldogs had a bunch missing tonight as well. They just coped a hell of a lot better than we did.

I thought we were some chance tonight. But we are no chance next week I'm sad to say.

Maybe when we get back to Brookie.

Our draw for the next few weeks

Melbourne away
Then a week off for the representative round

Followed by Knights and Penrith both at Brookvale

Then our 1st bye with games against Cowboys and Broncos away followed by our second Bye

Then our second half of the season begins June 19 on a Friday when we play the Tigers at Brookvale Oval

Our draw for the next few weeks

Melbourne away
Then a week of for the representative round
Followed by Knights and Penrith both at Brookvale
Then our 1st bye with games against Cowboys and Broncos away followed by our second Bye
Then our second half of the season begins June 19 on a Friday when we play the Tigers at Brookvale Oval

We have 2 win the against the Knights and Penrith at brookie and hopefully get some confidence back.

Hodges isn't the answer, that's for sure.

True mate ... i think we have dropped the ball with retaining some aging players ... its hard to let the old school go .... lyon/matai/ballin

can you imagine toovey not offerring a contract to jamie lyon/steve matai/matt ballin/glen stewart/anthony watmough /brett stewart in a 2 year period

that would be super tough.... thats the problem when you got a coach that has become brothers with the above names

but i think thats what was needed providing we had some decent recruits ... possibly delayed our rise to the top by a couple more years

in saying that i suppose its as experience that the club can learn from

True mate ... i think we have dropped the ball with retaining some aging players ... its hard to let the old school go .... lyon/matai/ballin

can you imagine toovey not offerring a contract to jamie lyon/steve matai/matt ballin/glen stewart/anthony watmough /brett stewart in a 2 year period

that would be super tough.... thats the problem when you got a coach that has become brothers with the above names

but i think thats what was needed providing we had some decent recruits ... possibly delayed our rise to the top by a couple more years

in saying that i suppose its as experience that the club can learn from
Yeah it's part that, but also the club becomes a victim of it own success. Ballin is an 80 minute player, so how do you get a look at the next hooker. You don't until he no longer is that player. So now we find out about these guys, which may not be good enough. Same goes for the rest of the squad, we have had a top 4-6 team for the last 5 years...so not many get a look in. It's just all happened all at once because of injuries...that's why the spotlight is shining.

You'd be amazed how different those older players would look when the pack is getting us forward. We just play sideways and need to make an impact up the middle, but it's not happening, so we revert to going sideways again.

[
You'd be amazed how different those older players would look when the pack is getting us forward. We just play sideways and need to make an impact up the middle, but it's not happening, so we revert to going sideways again.

i hope your right mate :)

Its the basics that Manly continue to get wrong - nothing to do with First Grade skills

1) Lying on the tackled Player - roll away and stay down on the ground FFS
2) Hand on ball - what the fck don't Manly get about this simple rule?
3) Dropped balls - everyone is guilty of this and in every game - spray on the hands or something
4) Playing for a penalty - not going to get it and yet we insist on wasting a tackle
5) Not securing the ball after a spill - Hiku's kick last night was the classic gift try.
All he had to do is fall on the loose ball and not kick it in frustration, let alone kick it at the opposition.

Penalties are killing us every week and yet Manly persist - why????? :mad:

Frustrating to watch and I can't see anything changing with the dour attitude in the Team:confused:

• 👍
Reactions: RWC
Its the basics that Manly continue to get wrong - nothing to do with First Grade skills

1) Lying on the tackled Player - roll away and stay down on the ground FFS
2) Hand on ball - what the fck don't Manly get about this simple rule?
3) Dropped balls - everyone is guilty of this and in every game - spray on the hands or something
4) Playing for a penalty - not going to get it and yet we insist on wasting a tackle
5) Not securing the ball after a spill - Hiku's kick last night was the classic gift try.
All he had to do is fall on the loose ball and not kick it in frustration, let alone kick it at the opposition.

Penalties are killing us every week and yet Manly persist - why????? :mad:

Frustrating to watch and I can't see anything changing with the dour attitude in the Team:confused:
It's like you were watching the game through my eyes. This is what I see every week.

I'm particularly annoyed by Hiku's pathetic attempts to milk penalties which result in wasted time and a slow play-the-ball. I also cringe every time I see Ballin throw his arms up demanding a penalty instead of just getting on with it. We need some urgency and energy to get us moving forward. These things make us look old and slow. Maybe we just are.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6