replay and choc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
just watched the replay of warriors game in full.although choc didnt break the line often he was an absolute machine most of the night,getting us going forward and doing the hard stuff around the ruck.i have a feeling that suspension by des may very well shake this guy into action.he is our x factor and if he really fires we can get close to winning this comp.seeing carney implode(although his track record is great compared to the rorter) may also reinforce how close he is to losing his livelihood.

good tough game from choc.cant doubt his passion for the club.just has to fix the other stuff.

Yes, he played well. But is there another first grade footballer who is involved in problems with the play-the-ball? Against the Warriors he gained a couple of penalties, but that may have been good luck.

To be honest to me it looked like he played exactly the same way as he has played every game so far this year. He has been in good form, bar a few errors in round 1.

Say what you like about his off field behaviour at times but I have never doubted he has given anything less than 100% for us. Often playing with injuries. He shouldn't have played that semi against the Dragons last year but he was giving his all even when the game was out of our reach.

Yeah, I was there on the night (in the dugout, lucky me) and thought he was great. Only one handling error (late, when everyone was scrappy), and really kept his legs pumping. He went straight up the tunnel after the game, too - didn't hang around to speak to any media. Looked like a man with some purpose.

Matabele said:
One game doesn't convince me.

When you say one game doesn't convince you does that mean you think he has been poor on the field this year? I know you have some issues with his off field behaviour but surely even someone who isn't a fan can see he has been very good for us on the field this year. Bar a couple of errors in round 1, he's just about been our most consistent performer.

He's averaging 30+ tackles, around 16 hit ups and well over 100m each game. As far as I can tell he and Paul Gallen are the only two backrowers in the comp who have made 100m+ each game. Gallen does a lot more (well than anyone really) but with Choc's leg speed and that he rarely get put on his back means the quickness of his play the balls are crucial in helping set up our sets.

Jerry1 said:
Matabele said:
At least I can manage correct punctuation.
At least I can manage correct punctuation!

Grammar is a bit off as well :)

Well technically the use of the ! depends on the mood of the person on who made the statement. You can easily say that sentence without the use of an !

He arguably cost us a game in Round One with dumb errors and penalties. As for the rest, he has been middling, average. Tends to believe this army of one nonsense and overplays his hand, the blue arsed fly lurks close beneath.

You're a very hard man to please Matas. Choc has been very good for us. He, Joe and Glenn will win many more games than they lose for us.

Matabele said:
He arguably cost us a game in Round One with dumb errors and penalties. As for the rest, he has been middling, average. Tends to believe this army of one nonsense and overplays his hand, the blue arsed fly lurks close beneath.

Definitely arguably. Bar a couple of errors choc had an excellent game. He was penalised a couple of times but I think you can more can make the argument that he was incorrectly done so. Just checked out his stats of that game and compared it to some of his teammates:

Metres & hitups:
Choc - 155m/16 hitups (choc lead the game for both teams)
Gift - 61m/8 hitups
King - 48m/6 hitups
Gaulavo - 69m/10 hitups
Kite - 73m/8 hitups

tackles/missed tackles
Choc - 28tk/2m
Kite - 28tk/2m
Buhrer - 27tk/2m
Hoppa - 8tk/4m
Gift - 31tk/5m
DCE - 21tk/4m

He also lead the game with 8 tackles breaks. I think he was one of our better performers in an average team performance in what was a pretty poor game from both sides. Storm won that game because they had Cameron Smith.

What would choc have to do in a game to get a rating of OK from you if he has only been been middling/average so far this year? Its fairly obvious you don't like him and are prejudging him on that. I'd urge you to just to judge him for what he is doing on the field and you will see he is a fairly crucial member to our side.

**** off. Choc has been one of our best. Bugger all errors and bugger all penalties this year. Combine that with some of the best tackle and running stats in the club this year means some of you blokes know **** all or are too blind or just too pig headed to pay credit where credit is due!

Choc can play, no doubt. If Des can get the message through re off-field discipline, his on-field discipline may improve too.

How many years has he been with Des to get the message about discipline? The bone on his head must be very thick if the message hasn't made it through yet.

When has he been stood down and really threatened before last week? Not sure the threats have been strong enough to get through that bone you're talking about!

Its not that one game can't convince Mata, once he's made his mind up there's no number of games that can.

Fonz said:
f**k off. Choc has been one of our best. Bugger all errors and bugger all penalties this year. Combine that with some of the best tackle and running stats in the club this year means some of you blokes know f**k all or are too blind or just too pig headed to pay credit where credit is due!

Depends which head he has on to how he pays. Sometimes he's the best forward in the comp. Other times he's a clown dropping balls and gobbling off to the ref.

You never know what your going to get.

Vs Warriors. Typically dumb and unnecessary penalty at 60:55 minutes and then he dropped the ball that gives the Warriors field possession for their second try. Didn't matter last weekend but indicative of what he does every week, in every game. It costs us big time in tight, big games.

Matabele said:
Vs Warriors. Typically dumb and unnecessary penalty at 60:55 minutes and then he dropped the ball that gives the Warriors field possession for their second try. Didn't matter last weekend but indicative of what he does every week, in every game. It costs us big time in tight, big games.

If you want to crucify someone for giving away a penalty, what do you want to do to Glenn Stewart because he gave away 3 penatlies last week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4