Replacements

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Presumably all four of our injured players will be missing for the next game. Plus, Hasson can never been picked in the top 17 again. So, which five come in?
Tom Turbo for Matai.
Brenton Lawrence for Burgess.
Jesse for T-Red.
Dunny Loo for Soggy.
Hodges for Hasson.
I was also impressed with Vave in the NSW Cup. It was the first time I've seen him and, despite looking like George Rose' older brother, he showed skill and bent the line. Baker and Andrews also seemed to hold their own.
Thoughts?

Presumably all four of our injured players will be missing for the next game. Plus, Hasson can never been picked in the top 17 again. So, which five come in?
Tom Turbo for Matai.
Jesse for T-Red.
Dunny Loo for Soggy.
Hodges for Hasson.
I was also impressed with Vave in the NSW Cup. It was the first time I've seen him and, despite looking like George Rose' older brother, he showed skill and bent the line. Baker and Andrews also seemed to hold their own.
Thoughts?
Personally I didn't see anything in Vave, Baker or Andrews to warrant selection; however, the players you nominated as replacements would be exactly who I'd pick (provided the injured guys are all out).

Hiku for Matai
Lui (if fit) for Symonds
Lawrence for Burgess (massive improvement)
Hodges or JSL will probably come in for Sao.

And Hasson will retain his spot due to injuries, as he has all year.

For mine:

Horo for Symonds
Lui for Sao
Lawrence for Burgess (although he probably is still a bit underdone)

Although we would all like to see the back of Hasson, having 3 forwards come down with injuries may mean he gets a reprieve. I hope not.

I still wouldn't pick Hodges. He was terrible again v the cows. Let them off twice on their tryline with a terrible little kick (that I'm not sure anyone else expected) and another terrible pass that went to no one 5 metres out from their line.

If Lui is fine to replace Sao, Jesse Sene Lafeo will hopefully take Hassons spot.

If Lui is still out, we can put Sene Lafeo in for Sao but then it will come down to Hasson and Hodges for the last bench spot.

Nothing has been said of Matai that I know of, but he knocked himself into the middle of next week. He might be ok to play against Brisbane but I would be inclined to give him the week off, play Hiku at left centre and Tom on the right wing.

BJ for Burgess and JSL for T-Red is logical.

Anyone for Hasson is a must. MCK has apparently been impressing lately and can play centre or back row. Lui might also be available.

Horo for Sao. Ligi is one player I wish we were able to hold onto. Some Warriors fans on FB were complaining about his signing. They don't know the quality that they're getting.

Good to see the Manly Sea Eagles website is up to date with injury news. Here's what Round 20 news is on the site:
Here is the latest on the injury news for NRL and NYC teams heading into Round 13
NRL
Rd 16 Casualty Ward

Blake Leary (back) Rd 17
Jamie Lyon (hamstring) Rd 18
Brenton Lawrence (back) Rd 18
Cheyse Blair (back) indefinite
Jamie Buhrer (knee) season
Clint Gutherson (knee) season

NYC
Luke Garner (ankle sprain) indefinite

Didn't 2v say at the press conference that of if not for the concussion rule matai would of come back on. Unless something has changed I expect him to backup even though it looked pretty Nasty.

I worry Lawrence is no longer NRL standard. Back injuries can be Nasty. I hope he gets back to full fitness for next year because of the reduced interchange and his ability to play long minutes

Tom Turbo for Matai.
Jesse for T-Red.
Dunny Loo for Soggy.
Hodges for Hasson.
Thoughts?
I wouldn't be surprised if Symonds plays this week, he seemed to be walking OK when I saw him at the airport, Burgess on the other hand was walking with the aid of crutches.

I wouldn't be surprised if Symonds plays this week, he seemed to be walking OK when I saw him at the airport, Burgess on the other hand was walking with the aid of crutches.
Symonds seems to cop a lot of knocks, he will be getting used to it and play.

Anyone else see the story written by Brad Walter of the SMH?Apart from the stock standard Tooves sacked part,there is a horrifying comment that should have everyone worried about where the Penns are taking the club.He says that Luke Burgess has been assured that he is not part of the clean out.Are they serious?Not sure if Brad Walter is part of the Zorba media gang but FFS I hope he's wrong.He should be no.1 on the list.If true it must be for 1 of 2 reasons.1)It's a "stick up Tooves"for disagreeing with Kelly when he signed him or 2) he's bait for a big push for Sam

If Luke Burgess is bait to lure Sam then all power to them. Imagine Jake Trbojevic and Sam Burgess uo front. Massive go forward.

Good to see the Manly Sea Eagles website is up to date with injury news. Here's what Round 20 news is on the site:
Here is the latest on the injury news for NRL and NYC teams heading into Round 13
NRL
Rd 16 Casualty Ward

Blake Leary (back) Rd 17
Jamie Lyon (hamstring) Rd 18
Brenton Lawrence (back) Rd 18
Cheyse Blair (back) indefinite
Jamie Buhrer (knee) season
Clint Gutherson (knee) season

NYC
Luke Garner (ankle sprain) indefinite
It's a professionally run outfit these days. Rothfield & co told us so, when the Penn(y) punchers took control.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2