1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacements

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Jul 26, 2015.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Presumably all four of our injured players will be missing for the next game. Plus, Hasson can never been picked in the top 17 again. So, which five come in?
    Tom Turbo for Matai.
    Brenton Lawrence for Burgess.
    Jesse for T-Red.
    Dunny Loo for Soggy.
    Hodges for Hasson.
    I was also impressed with Vave in the NSW Cup. It was the first time I've seen him and, despite looking like George Rose' older brother, he showed skill and bent the line. Baker and Andrews also seemed to hold their own.
    Thoughts?

2. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,334 / 51
    Personally I didn't see anything in Vave, Baker or Andrews to warrant selection; however, the players you nominated as replacements would be exactly who I'd pick (provided the injured guys are all out).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    MCK will play to cover symonds as he can move to the centers when we cop our usual backline injury

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,903 / 27
    I wasn't aware Matai wasn't playing next week !

5. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Hiku for Matai
    Lui (if fit) for Symonds
    Lawrence for Burgess (massive improvement)
    Hodges or JSL will probably come in for Sao.

And Hasson will retain his spot due to injuries, as he has all year.

6. manlywarringah

manlywarringah Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +885 / 27
    For mine:

Horo for Symonds
    Lui for Sao
    Lawrence for Burgess (although he probably is still a bit underdone)

Although we would all like to see the back of Hasson, having 3 forwards come down with injuries may mean he gets a reprieve. I hope not.

I still wouldn't pick Hodges. He was terrible again v the cows. Let them off twice on their tryline with a terrible little kick (that I'm not sure anyone else expected) and another terrible pass that went to no one 5 metres out from their line.

If Lui is fine to replace Sao, Jesse Sene Lafeo will hopefully take Hassons spot.

If Lui is still out, we can put Sene Lafeo in for Sao but then it will come down to Hasson and Hodges for the last bench spot.

7. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    Nothing has been said of Matai that I know of, but he knocked himself into the middle of next week. He might be ok to play against Brisbane but I would be inclined to give him the week off, play Hiku at left centre and Tom on the right wing.

BJ for Burgess and JSL for T-Red is logical.

Anyone for Hasson is a must. MCK has apparently been impressing lately and can play centre or back row. Lui might also be available.

Horo for Sao. Ligi is one player I wish we were able to hold onto. Some Warriors fans on FB were complaining about his signing. They don't know the quality that they're getting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Good to see the Manly Sea Eagles website is up to date with injury news. Here's what Round 20 news is on the site:
    Here is the latest on the injury news for NRL and NYC teams heading into Round 13
    NRL
    Rd 16 Casualty Ward

Blake Leary (back) Rd 17
    Jamie Lyon (hamstring) Rd 18
    Brenton Lawrence (back) Rd 18
    Cheyse Blair (back) indefinite
    Jamie Buhrer (knee) season
    Clint Gutherson (knee) season

NYC
    Luke Garner (ankle sprain) indefinite

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    Didn't 2v say at the press conference that of if not for the concussion rule matai would of come back on. Unless something has changed I expect him to backup even though it looked pretty Nasty.

I worry Lawrence is no longer NRL standard. Back injuries can be Nasty. I hope he gets back to full fitness for next year because of the reduced interchange and his ability to play long minutes

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +741 / 16
    I wouldn't be surprised if Symonds plays this week, he seemed to be walking OK when I saw him at the airport, Burgess on the other hand was walking with the aid of crutches.

11. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,344 / 111
    Symonds seems to cop a lot of knocks, he will be getting used to it and play.

12. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Heard through the twiterspere Sao and Burgess ACL's and gone for the season

13. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    I hope MCK gets a run.

Let's face it.....he couldn't possibly go any worse than Hasplod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nordburg

Nordburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 47
    Anyone else see the story written by Brad Walter of the SMH?Apart from the stock standard Tooves sacked part,there is a horrifying comment that should have everyone worried about where the Penns are taking the club.He says that Luke Burgess has been assured that he is not part of the clean out.Are they serious?Not sure if Brad Walter is part of the Zorba media gang but FFS I hope he's wrong.He should be no.1 on the list.If true it must be for 1 of 2 reasons.1)It's a "stick up Tooves"for disagreeing with Kelly when he signed him or 2) he's bait for a big push for Sam

15. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    If Luke Burgess is bait to lure Sam then all power to them. Imagine Jake Trbojevic and Sam Burgess uo front. Massive go forward.

16. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    So we will never see Sao again :(
    The Warriors will be so strong next year

17. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    It's a professionally run outfit these days. Rothfield & co told us so, when the Penn(y) punchers took control.