Replacement Coach ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
TripleM rumour mill had a rumour that Gus Gould had offered DesHasler the Panthers coaching job & he wants a answer by Friday
so the question is if Des does take the money & go who should be our next coach ?

I am big on recruiting from within, but one guy I would certainly look at would be Branden Costin who coached the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles until moving on last year.

Or bring back Bozo for a stint :)

**** that hasler has to stay. I can't see him uprooting his family. Liked you leave collaroy for penrith.

Des' hair style would go well with flannos and ugh boots. Not sure how he would cope with a Penrith winter now though.

All things being equal you would have to think DEs would stay. But forget the beach, the squad , history, work is all about the relationships you have with the people you work with, and report too

I Des leaves do we think he went for the cash, the challenge or is it a sign that 3 ceo's in 4 years, feuding owners, stories of no cash, media leaks from within destabilising the joint, KPI's and boardroom bitching has taken its toll on the coach

just a question as i am bemused he hasnt taken up the offer yet , and if the rumour is that he is waiting to see how the new CEO works is true, he does sound very cautious , is that due to his past experience

I wouldn't be surpised to see him go based on the following two key points.
1. Des is a Penrith Junior, and
2. He is very close to his family and still has a lot of family in Penrith

However, issues for him owuld be the would be lack of training facilities available and lack of support staff.

I might throw chicken little into the mix too

He won't leave, trust me. And anyone looking at bringing back Fulton needs to remember he's Ricky Stuart's number one team advisor. Enough said.

He has virtually agreed to a two year extension from what I understand. Just need to find that same pen that Foran has misplaced.

Besides who in their right mind would want Gould looking into everything that's done out there. No autonomy as coach with that fat slug going at you. I can't understand why the 'great one' doesn't just take up the coaching role. Maybe he doesn't see success out there. This is the thing, if Des did take on the job as coach and was successful, Gould would grab all the accolades. He's really really good at doing that.

Gould wont coach because he has an eventual ambition as the next step after this position as "GM of football Operations" (dont you just love the title) at Penrith.

The purpose of Gould taking this role is to obtain the necessary corporate experience to eventually place himself on the IC.

For me, everything he has said and done points to this.

I think Gould is too scared to coach outright because of the fear of failure. He's been hailed as the best brain in league and the best coach although he hasn't done any coaching for a number of years. As coaching director he can point to the coach if it all goes pear-shaped and receive all the accolades if successful.

My opinion.

If Des goes, and I think thats unlikely, then our next coach is Toovs. Speculation otherwise is a waste of time because its always been the plan.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4