Release clauses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
I did post this in the Des thread but in about 2 minutes it was 4 pages back! Ok its mainly about Des but more the question of if he should coach in 2012 and the implications basically this is what I wrote.

I presume with things like that the player has only a limited amount of time to invoke the clause in their contract, so if say Player A is contract til 2016 and Des leaves in 2013, he can't use that clause in say 2015? Do we leave ourselves open for more pain if we let Des coach next year considering it leaves other clubs more room to move to get our players for 2013? If Des leaves immediately and those players have to activate that clause for the 2012 season, I can't see too many clubs have cap space to entice anyone, leave it another year and that situation could change significantly.

All this negative speculation. What's to say that the players don't like Tooves just as much as Des and that Tooves can motivate and coach just as well as Des?
We have a local champion waiting in the wings. Other clubs have to important theirs.

The Who said:
All this negative speculation. What's to say that the players don't like Tooves just as much as Des and that Tooves can motivate and coach just as well as Des?
We have a local champion waiting in the wings. Other clubs have to important theirs.

I'm sure they do. My concern is the enticement extra cash clubs might offer, not that don't like Toovs.

what about all the players who will leave and follow him? or use it as a way to get out of their contract and go somewhere else for more money

loyalty means nothing in the modern game remember they go where the money is

If it's confirmed (and there seems little doubt now), Des should pack his bags and go now. I won't be supporting him. If any players aren't interested in staying at the club that has brought them success then they can pack their bags as well.

It's hard to jump up and down celebrating their achievement and showering them in glory when one by one they are spitting in our face. They aren't just thumbing their nose to the Manly club, they are thumbing their nose at all of us who support them through thick and thin and cop a load of sh*t from all over the place for supporting the most hated team around.

The only thing that is loyal in Rugby League are us sucker fans who are expected to put in our hard earned money so all of these blokes can get their bloated salaries.

That one night we actually got to celebrate our premiership was pretty fun at least....

Relax. If a player wants out then he'll leave. The club will survive and prosper, we always have. Players and coaches come and go, it's a fact of life. I can't understand the hysterical nature of some bloggers regarding this matter. The club hasn't folded, just a coach leaves, and maybe some players want out. So what? We will be competitive, and as long as we beat the Tigers, Souths and Cronulla, I'm happy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6