Refs.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not sure what others think, but it seems that no matter what they will get hammered. Yes, Hayne is a nob and hate when he has our games, but don't mind if they back themselves. Yes, it was a try but it would of looked short live and rolled forward.

We either except a call and move on or deal with the constant video ref.

I counted about 5 - tackle 5 ball strip penalties that he gave the Tigers :mad:

In the start of the second half especially, Manly could not get out of their 20 due to ridiculous penalties :dodgy:

Farah was given his usual dummy half run into the opposition penalty.
But Matty didn't get any, yet he persisted - The Echidna was not going to give in :mad:

Yeah teams play despite the refereeing now.

It was fair dinkum all over the shop again tonight.

What you also notice on TV is, the regular looks at each other (pocket-ref to ruck etc) and how often Hayne talks over and over-rules his partner.

It's random; it's a shambles.

One ref and clearer guidelines for the vidiot, including being able to rule on forward passes.

It couldn't be any worse than what we endure now

it will be interesting to see if anything happens to Farrah after slamming Hayne as arrogant,now surely that is having a shot at his integrity,he might be right,but it will be interesting to see what happens,probably nothing

master blaster said:
it will be interesting to see if anything happens to Farrah after slamming Hayne as arrogant,now surely that is having a shot at his integrity,he might be right,but it will be interesting to see what happens,probably nothing

Is that questioning Hayne's integrity MB, or just his attitude?

I think we ALL accept he's an arrogant pr*ck!

HappilyManly said:

In the start of the second half especially, Manly could not get out of their 20 due to ridiculous penalties :dodgy:

Those stripping penalties are an absolute lottery. It's almost like the refs just guess. If there's one rule I'd like changed it'd be that one.

The Farah rants against Hayne are lead sports news stories today :p

Glad that his ineptitude is highlighted, but peeved that the GF farce was swept under the carpet by all commentators last year :dodgy:

Well he did ask at the start of the interview if anyone had "10 large."

So maybe someone paid up?

I read this morning that Farah has called Shame Hayne 'arrogant' for his decision not to go to the video ref when making his decision 3 minutes into the game.

Personally, and I am not defending Hayne here because that decision could have been made by any of the NRL's refs, I think its arrogant that players like Farah expect they can just complain to the referee and almost force them to go to the video. It happens in every single game, even from players who were not involved in the play. Players are forever getting on the ref to go to the video when there has been a try scored against them.

How many times do we see legitimate tries scored only for players to complain to the ref in the hope that the video replay will do what their defence couldn't.....stop a try from being scored.

Try or no try it was refreshing to see a ref make a judgement call without going to the video. Personally I wish there was more of that in rugby league because it gets annoying to see the video ref used all the damn time, even for what are clear cut tries. I mean, sometimes they even go upstairs just to check grounding when there is no need to. Its like the men in pink don't have the confidence to make a call for fear that the video replay will show they got it wrong.

HoldenV8 said:
Personally, and I am not defending Hayne here because that decision could have been made by any of the NRL's refs, I think its arrogant that players like Farah expect they can just complain to the referee and almost force them to go to the video. It happens in every single game, even from players who were not involved in the play. Players are forever getting on the ref to go to the video when there has been a try scored against them.

How many times do we see legitimate tries scored only for players to complain to the ref in the hope that the video replay will do what their defence couldn't.....stop a try from being scored.

We are getting more and more like soccer every year. Every try is greeted by players running wildly at the ref gesticulating madly about video referrals. I can't stamd it. Next thing we know players will be feigning injury to draw penalties........

I watched the replay where you could hear Robbie complain about his scuffle with Lyon in that long range try.

He kept saying, "Do you want me to take a dive".

There were some bad calls both ways last night. Farrah won't get fined.

Farah will be on the Sunday Footy Show.

So he may yet earn a 10k fine as I'm sure Fittler will be chiming in.

I will never forget Farah The Faint dive up at Bluetongue a few years back.
It got Matai 10 minutes and Stevie showed remarkable restraint in not actually knocking him out :dodgy:

HappilyManly said:

Farah was given his usual dummy half run into the opposition penalty.
But Matty didn't get any, yet he persisted - The Echidna was not going to give in :mad:

The Tigers definitely had the wool pulled over the eyes of the refs when it came to them dropping balls. Every time they dropped one, they claimed a strip and we got penalised
icon_rolleyes.gif
:mad:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8