Refs to get shake up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With the length of some of those posts from jbb/james & Dan, it looks like Technical Coach has hijacked your logins :)

P.S. jbb/james, I hope that you don't mind but I changed your reference of Ray Charles to Stevie Wonder

With the length of some of those posts from jbb/james & Dan, it looks like Technical Coach has hijacked your logins :)

P.S. jbb/james, I hope that you don't mind but I changed your reference of Ray Charles to Stevie Wonder

jbb/james said:
getting rid of gallop and harrigan in the same year, will go down as a major turning point in the history of RL. The code could not make 2 better strategic moves in 1 year. A great Tv deal and Manly going back to back and its perfect really

Agree they exceed events from prior years in significance. Hugely beneficial to the code.

And they are mere symptoms of that greater cancer on the game which is finally being removed this year with the game taking back control of the game.

jbb/james said:
getting rid of gallop and harrigan in the same year, will go down as a major turning point in the history of RL. The code could not make 2 better strategic moves in 1 year. A great Tv deal and Manly going back to back and its perfect really

Agree they exceed events from prior years in significance. Hugely beneficial to the code.

And they are mere symptoms of that greater cancer on the game which is finally being removed this year with the game taking back control of the game.

Jethro said:

Im a massive stevie Wonder fan, always have been.Do your thing Jethro, it makes no difference,

Jethro said:

Im a massive stevie Wonder fan, always have been.Do your thing Jethro, it makes no difference,

I would hope that Clark is definitely not considered. He's always had small man's syndrome and an extreme dislike for Manly. What's needed is not to promote a knob from the mob going around. And posters are correct, what's desperately needed is someone who will consult with players, be able to eat humble pie and get the referees to not just arrogantly brush away captains like you see every game. There was this ref with a beard who went to ESL (can't remember his name) in some sort of capacity who I always liked.

I would hope that Clark is definitely not considered. He's always had small man's syndrome and an extreme dislike for Manly. What's needed is not to promote a knob from the mob going around. And posters are correct, what's desperately needed is someone who will consult with players, be able to eat humble pie and get the referees to not just arrogantly brush away captains like you see every game. There was this ref with a beard who went to ESL (can't remember his name) in some sort of capacity who I always liked.

Mc callum, ? maybe. He ended up progressing to something much bigger from memory

Mc callum, ? maybe. He ended up progressing to something much bigger from memory

jbb/james said:

Yep, Greg McCallum. I'm not sure if he still is but last year he was the head of the NRL match review committee.

jbb/james said:

Yep, Greg McCallum. I'm not sure if he still is but last year he was the head of the NRL match review committee.

That article mentioned Tony Archer. A few years ago I would have screamed to the heavens for him not to get the job. However, he isn't as biased as I thought he was, and I've been saying a lot over the last 2 years that I wish we had Archer as the ref of our games. On top of this, he's an ex-cop so he's got that regimental, no bull**** side to him as well. Would he be suited for a role like this, I'm not sure. However he'd give it a good crack.

Even if he didn't get it, I'd install him as head Referees coach over Bill Harrigan any day of the week. I would also have him out there refereeing a game every week as the coach. You don't understand the decisions being made unless you are making them yourself. This is where Bill has failed. He's lost touch.

It does suck though that Graham Annesley is now a politician. He would have been perfect for the new role.

That article mentioned Tony Archer. A few years ago I would have screamed to the heavens for him not to get the job. However, he isn't as biased as I thought he was, and I've been saying a lot over the last 2 years that I wish we had Archer as the ref of our games. On top of this, he's an ex-cop so he's got that regimental, no bull**** side to him as well. Would he be suited for a role like this, I'm not sure. However he'd give it a good crack.

Even if he didn't get it, I'd install him as head Referees coach over Bill Harrigan any day of the week. I would also have him out there refereeing a game every week as the coach. You don't understand the decisions being made unless you are making them yourself. This is where Bill has failed. He's lost touch.

It does suck though that Graham Annesley is now a politician. He would have been perfect for the new role.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4