refs...mooooove

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
i find it hilarious to listen to how the different refs say "mooove" i reckon they spend training time on whistle blowing and saying certain words

Dan said:
i find it hilarious to listen to how the different refs say "mooove" i reckon they spend training time on whistle blowing and saying certain words

Yeah but you don't think it's hilarious now! @Dan

According to your dislike of checchin's mooooove!

OK, now I have your attention...

I saw a ref send a decision upstairs to the video ref without saying whether he thought it was a try or not.

He didn't correct himself, commentators didn't pick it up.

I think it was in the....Souths game.

The ref was Ben cummings anyway.

So.....what's going on? Should the vid ref ask for a decision before reviewing?

I think they should but as with all new procedures they will inadvertently fail or be forgotten at some point, especially in tense situations.

There really is no specific way to prevent it unless the decision button first asks if the ref has a verdict already before being able to be displayed. However by that time it is too late.

All you can do is retrospectively chastise the person for failing to follow procedure and send them back to training

Dan said:
I think they should but as with all new procedures they will inadvertently fail or be forgotten at some point, especially in tense situations.

There really is no specific way to prevent it unless the decision button first asks if the ref has a verdict already before being able to be displayed. However by that time it is too late.

All you can do is retrospectively chastise the person for failing to follow procedure and send them back to training

Thanks, I think you're right. One can hear the vid and on field ref talk to each other when watching the union. Not that anyone here does that...

Errr....any other less rational answers from other users? (KE and lsz don't even try)

@globaleagle
It is a conspiracy against Manly and for the support of Souths obviously

Its screwing with my footy enjoyment. My 8 yo has picked up on it and every time he hears it, he echo's it for 5 minutes through the house. Its getting worse than the waterhouse issue

I think the refs make the rules up as they go along and as there is no means of questioning their actions they can carry on doing as they please

I don't have them BUT have listened to "sports ears" and it can be hilarious listening to the refs.

My personal hate isn't "moooove" it's the calling of all the players by their first names....I have NO problem with the ref calling our captain Jamie, but I'd like them (when calling a player out) to go back to the old system of calling numbers.

I am sure (for example) than Checcin knows Jamie on a first name basis, after all they attend the coin toss etc etc, but otherwise numbers please

Dan said:

I love me some good poka-yoke. There is always a way to mistake proof something. Maybe a recorded message when they engage the radio comms

"hello you have reached our video referees, for a decision on a try, say "try", for a decision on a no-try say "no try", for all decisions relating to a possible Manly try say "no-try""

Solved

Sure but how long ubtil they outsource it to india or malaysia?

Dan said:
Sure but how long ubtil they outsource it to india or malaysia?

Well I find it is cheaper to outsource it and not worry about process quality at all. India and Malaysia is so last year - China is where it is at

Its going to be interesting seeing the refs on hold whilst they hear "your decision ia important to us"

It could only improve being outsourced overseas, the adjudicators are taught the rules, but it would take all the bias and favouritism out of the equation, surely we would benefit from that

MissKate said:
It could only improve being outsourced overseas, the adjudicators are taught the rules, but it would take all the bias and favouritism out of the equation, surely we would benefit from that

We could bring back those french refs. Apparently they were awesome!

:cool:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6