1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ref's Call

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Central Coast Eagle, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    Is the biggest croc of crap in the game today. If the ref FU**EN knew he would of made the decision himself!!!!

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Once a cock always a cock

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,768 / 72
    Clutching at straws - we showed nthing tonoght

4. Central Coast Eagle

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    I know we haven't played all that well, BUT 2 tries came from INCCORRECT refing decisions and we had a try disallowed, that brings the score line close enough to give us something to at least aim at!

5. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    We were outclassed tonight.  Bell was mesmerized by the speed of the Storm's backline. Hoffman always runs between the centres to score, I wonder if anyone told Bell that.  Orford's kick's to their outside backs were hopeless.  The kicks were to long, to the higher storm players who had no problems with any of them.  He's really got very little to offer. 

6. Central Coast Eagle

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    I'm not denying that, Melbourne were MUCH MUCH better than us tonight, but the refereeing didn't help us one bit, which caused them to be under much less pressure thatn they could have been, it DID have an impact (i'm not saying that it changed the result) on the game

7. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Refs had a shocker.

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    If it is doubtful enough to be a refs call, then it has to go to benefit of the doubt, that means that Manly get a try.

You add that and it becomes a 26 - 10 score line, you take away the 2 points for the "push in the back bull****" that is a 24 - 10 score line

You the forward pass from Slater to Crocker and what i still feel is obstruction and you have 18 - 10, you take away the 2 piggy back tries and you have a ball game.

Melbourne deserved to win, they were a better side, but they had every call go their way even bull**** ones.

Archer, Harrigan and the touchy should be demoted forever

5 games at least 2 cruelled by refs.

We should have a computer ref the game because the dick heads we have at the moment think the game is about them and not the teams

9. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    The refs call was a poor decision. It looked a try from the replay. Many worse ones have been given. Benefit of the doubt should go the way of the attacking team.

10. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I looked at it more like...if that try is given, then the score is 18-4, kick to come, with 20 to go.

But when that try was disallowed, it was a kick in the guts for Manly. It ended the game for most of the guys out there I think.

11. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    just about sums it up,

Conspiracy: wonder if the Refs secretly punt on outcomes of games

12. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    i would say 25 minutes in, penalty count of 4 - 1 without about 1/3 possesion killed off any chance.

The boys were too buggered after that, blind freddy could see they were out on their feet