referring on Sunday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There was a theory going round a couple of weeks back, that because the ref's are also in a battle for playoff spots, they would be putting the whistle away to make themselves look good and promote a flowing game

It seems to be proving to be correct, because I can't recall a 10m penalty in either of our past 2 games

You're right it was White not Cross that took that forward pass.  Lots of forward passes off the ruck these days are tolerated, missed or whatever.

KE
they would be putting the whistle away to make themselves look good and promote a flowing game
+ Bradza
the approach used by the refs on the weekend probably suits us best.

is right on, regardless of the obvious errors. It was also a strange harkback to 'olden times', with most tries awarded immediately, players holding the ball steady for the goalkicker, players playing on with injury (I saw 2-3 turned ankles, the lyon shoulder, matai as usual...)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
There was a theory going round a couple of weeks back, that because the ref's are also in a battle for playoff spots, they would be putting the whistle away to make themselves look good and promote a flowing game

It seems to be proving to be correct, because I can't recall a 10m penalty in either of our past 2 games

I dont remember seeing any in the Storm game, and there was only one in the Roosters game, and it was against us. I think your right, in the lead up to the finals more and more will be let go, only the 'known offenders' will be penalised, ie. matai and choc.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4