Referees ( Match OFFICIALS)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Referees

Heard a rumour that Tony Archer is retiring after the Grand Final, have heard this from inside the referees association.

Manly 629 said:
Heard a rumour that Tony Archer is retiring after the Grand Final, have heard this from inside the referees association.

He will probably replace Raper and Hollywood at the end of the year.

Archer and Hayne are the two best referees by a long way. They are the only half decent ones IMO.

So we got one of the 2 referees we had on Friday? The one's that couldn't keep Dogs back 10m and allowed all the hold downs.

I wonder if they'll tolerate Thurston giving them a spray like they copped the Ennis ones on the chin all game ??

If Manly play well we dont need to worry about bad ref calls.
Theres no doubt in a tight game its easy to look through Maroon & White eyes to see mistakes the refs are making but the truth is, the players will decide this one.

This post isn't related to the thread title's original content insofar that this story is about referee's sucking in other sports, and I didn't want to start a new thread.

Maybe I should get on with it.

In the NFL the referee's went on strike for more money.

The NFL said - so what, we will just use 2nd tier ref's.

These 2nd tier ref's made a bad call on the final play of the game which determined the result.

lol or argh or lesson?

....NEW YORK -- The furor over the work of replacement officials reached a fevered pitch during Week 3 in the NFL, especially Monday night when Seattle beat Green Bay on a desperation pass that many thought was an interception.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/furor-over-nfl-replacement-refs-erupts-in-seattle-1.970589

....On the game's final Hail Mary pass, Seahawks receiver Golden Tate clearly "shoved" the Packers' Sam Shields - offensive pass interference. Then he was awarded a touchdown, though many would argue that the Packers M.D. Jennings should have been credited with an interception. To make matters worse, the referees disagreed with each other, only prolonging the agony even further. Why are these terrible calls occurring?.......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/sep/25/replacement-referees-packers-seahawks-suck

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4