Refereeing standard.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
I never noticed in previous years, but, the referees in the NRL are actually really good referees. Admittedly, it has taken the sacking of Bill Harrigan for them to be able to show how good they are. Harrigan was the biggest blight on the game and Daniel Anderson must be applauded for how he has the men in pink performing. Mistakes will still happen, but we are seeing that when they back themselves they are getting most of the calls right. I think they are getting as much right as we could possibly expect when we take into account human error. It makes for a much better spectacle.

Moondog said:
The only way for the refs was up after last year.

Yeah that's true mate but they are going much better than I thought they were capable of. I know it's only round 2 but credit where credits due.

They are getting more calls correct, especially with the on field guys having to make a call either way before going upstairs. Also in the warriors-roosters game a call was made by the on field refs which when noticed by the video ref was pulled up and decision changed. The main thing is - they are making the right calls!!

bones said:
I never noticed in previous years, but, the referees in the NRL are actually really good referees. Admittedly, it has taken the sacking of Bill Harrigan for them to be able to show how good they are. Harrigan was the biggest blight on the game and Daniel Anderson must be applauded for how he has the men in pink performing. Mistakes will still happen, but we are seeing that when they back themselves they are getting most of the calls right. I think they are getting as much right as we could possibly expect when we take into account human error. It makes for a much better spectacle.

Bones, it is such a marked difference from the past few years. Harrigan was obviously a major reason for the poor performance of the referees. I thought Anderson was a good appointment as he obviously has a feel for the game.

Yep outstanding I noticed on triple mmm where Harrigan Is commentating. He had a go re sandows tackle/ shoulder charge. I put that down to sour grapes. He was a good ref but ordinary refs boss

No doubt the reffing has improved this year, but there is always going to be mistakes and inconsistencies. I think as supporters we just have to be used to that, unless of course it effects the sea eagles and we can whinge as much as we want.

Speaking of inconsistencies, if Hodges got sent to the bin on friday night than Cooper Cronk should have been against the Cowboys.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6