Ref was poor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
How inconsistent was the ref? They were lying all over us and holding the ball to slow it down, but as soon as we do it we give away two penalties!

Plus what was with the rugby union advantage?

(On a side note, we really suck so far this year)

No offence or anything, but we were f*ckin ****house. We had no cohesion in attack, very average defence, and if we continue to play like that we wont even make the eight.

Very dissapointing performance - play like that next week against the Warriors and we'll get done by 40.

Yep, the refereeing was poor (and what the hell is Russell Smith doing in the video ref's box?) but we were worse. The lack of composure at the end of the game (Perry's head-butt, etc, etc) was shocking. Newcastle played hard for 80 minutes, did what the ref and the Eagles allowed them to, and deserved to win.

ads link said:
I don't disagree with you Scuba, but regardless of that I thought the ref was poor.

Agreed. The refereeing decisions cost us the game in my opinion.

The ref was poor. These wankers on the field were worse.
We have to play the likes of Melbourne soon.

We still should have won the game, we got some bad calls sure, but we did not take the game when we had the chance.

I was very disappointed in our forwards coming out our end, very poor.  

ads link said:
I don't disagree with you Scuba, but regardless of that I thought the ref was poor.

It wasn't meant to be a personal attack on you or anything bud, just venting my frustration (and a lot of it) with the result.

Next week boys...

Flip link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=177131.msg179916#msg179916 date=1206182527]
We have to play the likes of Melbourne soon.

Dear God I don't think I could bring myself to watch that if we keep going this way.
[/quote]

It's a scary thought. Boys vs. men type stuff.

It was very disappointing seeing the Knights make 60 metres every set and us only 40, especially when Ballin is supposed to be the king of quick service.

Downie link said:
It was very disappointing seeing the Knights make 60 metres every set and us only 40, especially when Ballin is supposed to be the king of quick service.

40 metres??? That was a good set.  I saw many where it was 25 or so.

Yeah we still can't make metres on our end and we so far this year haven't been able to turn having momentum and being down the opposition's end into points.

Ron E. Gibbs link said:
Yep, the refereeing was poor (and what the hell is Russell Smith doing in the video ref's box?) but we were worse. The lack of composure at the end of the game (Perry's head-butt, etc, etc) was shocking. Newcastle played hard for 80 minutes, did what the ref and the Eagles allowed them to, and deserved to win.

How could you call THAT a head butt? It was more of a bunt with the top of the head than a head butt. A head butt to me is led with the forehead. With a head butt you are normally looking where you are going to hit. He wasn't looking and was just putting his head into the scrum and just happened to make contact. Whether it was deliberate or not is debateable.

It is debatable that it looked as if Perry was packing into the scrum, that should get him off as Wicks had his head up whinging at the ref I think.  However I had to put money on it, Perry meant it.

Perry meant it, don't worry about that, and it was a farkin stupid thing to do. He'd been one of our best up until that little brain explosion.

I am actually embarrassed at the moment.

A first grade side that goes to a grand final, loses 2 players and goes to a side who look like they've never played the game before.

However, the side look like they were on a strict diet of meat pies in the offseason. Everyone looks fat, slow and unfit.

Chip & Chase link said:
Perry meant it, don't worry about that, and it was a farkin stupid thing to do. He'd been one of our best up until that little brain explosion.

spot on

we win that scrum we get our 6 then kick with under 5 to go we should **** it in

that turned the game big time

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8