Recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tafua is off contract so will be interesting to see what they do there.

You can probably pencil Parker in for the vacant #5.

If that 12 becomes Gillette then that's ahandy squad.
It was confirmed that Jorge is here for another year at least

It was confirmed that Jorge is here for another year at least
Must have missed that. That is something that I am completely neutral about. Neither here nor there. Could do better, could do worse. Yada yada.

1.Trbojevic
2.Taufua
3.Walker
4.Matai
6.Green
7.Cherry
8.Lussick
9.Koroisau
10.Taupau
11.Buhrer
13.Trbojevic

14.Fonua Blake
15.Meehan
16.Lane
17.Winterstein

18.Parcell
19.Myles
20.Brown
21.Cullen
22.Williame
23.M Wright
24.J Wright
25.Hopoate

I just don't see how there could be any sense to be signing depth players unless their second tier contracts. We need to be signing quality players for a flank and backrow. Especially when u look at our bench and 8 depth players already. I haven't even included the likes of t wright, Parker. So again how many average back line players do we need taking up contracts on our top 25 when in reality players like lane, Winterstein, possibly Meehan should be depth not in an nrl line up!??
Marty Tapau is a second row, Buhrer to bench, AFB to prop, possibly Matt Gillett on the other second row but we'll have to see if he is signed (if not Buhrer starts) and finally Matt Parcell in starting team instead of Api who will be a great injury backup. Also believe Hopoate is coming into the starting side soon so might expect Winterstein to be replaced either by him or Brenton Lawrence.

Last edited:
I've often wondered what it would take former owls away from Manly - after the way Tooves was treated and possible match fixing, losing the Turbos may just do it. Manly? You have been warned.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as they would have only had preliminary talks and would have learnt a lesson after the DCE deal. But like you say that would be a very bitter pill to swallow watching the Trbojevic Bros playing for someone else.

Sporting news today seem suggest DWZ is unlikely to be at Penrith but link him with Newcastle. What I found interesting was the suggestion DWZ wants to play fullback.

We should be after this kid IMO.

Out of interest though. Would you have him at fullback and Tom in the centres?

Last edited:
Sporting news today seem suggest DWZ is unlikely to be at Penrith but link him with Newcastle. What I found interesting was the suggestion DWZ wants to play fullback.

Out of interest though. Would you have him at fullback at Tom in the centres?
it wouldn't be a bad solution.. Not sure Turbo would be keen on it and not sure you'd be happy paying 900k for a centre (what does GI earn?) but having them both would be great! I wonder if he'd be keen to play 6 in the long-term...

Out of interest though. Would you have him at fullback at Tom in the centres?

I have no doubt Tom will become a world class full back

But i am also a HUGE supporter of him playing in the centres

Out of interest though. Would you have him at fullback and Tom in the centres?
Tom is too good for the centres, way too good. Plus paying 900k for a centre is silly. If we get DWZ he will play in the centres but if he wants a fullback spot that is something we can not give him.

Managing personalities and what positions players want to play in seems to be something the club hasn't managed well of late. Sharks had, Bird,Holmes and Barbar all wanting full back at the start of the year. But they sorted it out and kept 3 very good players in there team.

Personally I don't think it would matter where Tom or DWZ played. They would both carve up.

“If you get that majorly wrong, if you make some bad decisions on players or some players are on more money than they should, it can certainly affect the way you play on the football field.”

DCE's ridiculous contract comes to mind :clap:

I took that as Cartrights hint at DCE too :speaknoevil::angel:

Why do people think DWZ is so good? I've seen nothing that justifies some of the wraps he seems to get on here.

Tell me what I'm missing? Seems like a slightly above winger he can finish backline moves. Haven't seen him score try's others can't

Hes not a Greg Inglis or Israel Falou yet. But he has all the same attributes and skills. Why isn't he great? He probably doesn't get his hands on the ball enough or go looking for it enough on the wing. That he wants to play in a position where he will be forced to get more involved seems like he has the right attitude as well.

Would depend on the amount of coin. But even now he's a good player.

DWZ would be perfectly fine in either centre or wing, he has no choice other than Newcastle and us should he be kicked out of Penrith. Not too many other sides could realistically join that race, possibly Brisbane seeing their "no salary cap" rule. If DWZ does come then that is one hell of a replacement for Matai should he not return. Imagine this backline... All are also reasonably young minus Green

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua / DWZ
3. Dylan Walker
4. DWZ / Jorge Taufua / Steve Matai (if fit)
5. Akuila Uate (hope his form returns)
6. Blake Green
7. DCE

Last edited by a moderator:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4