Recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As people mention - whats a contract?
Woods, Hargreaves, Napa, The young 2nd rower from Eels, Tamou - 2 of these
In the halves go for Elgey & what about young Hastings at Roosters - potential & would already be in many starting sides.

Sorry but a contract is still a contract. Which one of our players has broken a contract?

Players aren't out there breaking contracts all the time as some on here would have you believe. Players AND clubs constantly negotiate releases. This is not the same as breaking a contract as it requires the consent of both parties.

Sorry but a contract is still a contract. Which one of our players has broken a contract?

Players aren't out there breaking contracts all the time as some on here would have you believe. Players AND clubs constantly negotiate releases. This is not the same as breaking a contract as it requires the consent of both parties.
Don't apologise , fact is you can "test the waters" with players & start negotiating for next year or even 2017 - then - after creating a headache for the team & coaching staff get an "early release"
Then theres another angle - if your Souths and get an injury in round 1 - you can attempt to get players from other teams "this season" with mutual consent.
The boundaries relating to negotiating are very broad in the NRL - as most Manly supporters should realise by now.

Don't apologise , fact is you can "test the waters" with players & start negotiating for next year or even 2017 - then - after creating a headache for the team & coaching staff get an "early release"
Then theres another angle - if your Souths and get an injury in round 1 - you can attempt to get players from other teams "this season" with mutual consent.
The boundaries relating to negotiating are very broad in the NRL - as most Manly supporters should realise by now.
Agreed. The most important thing you said, however, is "mutual consent". If the clubs and players involved are happy then no contract has been broken.

I think what most people on here are angry about is the fact that the contracts aren't binding to them as fans. Absolutely ridiculous.

The current system sans trade windows means the status quo won't change.

Read a small snippet in the paper whilst I was in Qld and Elgey was quoted as not wanting to leave the gold coast....After losing both halves because of failed negotiations I hope we don't go throwing huge money after also rans. I'm happy for the club to shell out fair money for established players but I'd like to see us get some up and coming quality forwards instead of paying overs for blokes like Tamou.

I'd actually love to steal Tepai Moeroa from the Eels...Sterling almost has an orgasm whenever he talks about the bloke and it would be 100% payback for the eels latest raids.

Last edited:
Agreed. The most important thing you said, however, is "mutual consent". If the clubs and players involved are happy then no contract has been broken.

I think what most people on here are angry about is the fact that the contracts aren't binding to them as fans. Absolutely ridiculous.

The current system sans trade windows means the status quo won't change.

Also get your points mate but maybe its the "stuff them too" mentallity where we have (had) our 2 young guns signed up to 2016 & amongst all the negotiating circus, its led to let them go NOW & created more soap opera turmoil than a murder on home & away.
I get the fact relating to breaking a contract, but over Manly coming off 2nd best being the nice guy - if this is the way of recruiting players today - lets throw our cap in the ring.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Peta Hiku
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Kane Elgey
08. Tom Burgess
09. Matt Ballin
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Luke Burgess
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Josh Starling
17. Jake Trbojevic

Why get Darcy back?

He is on overs so wont come cheap and no better than Starling or BJ and gives away far to many penalties still.

Yeah Moroa from the Eels is a gun and only 20.. I only saw 2min of the DCE interview on STERLO the other night but he said it was all but signed sealed and delivered a few months back so he never wanted to leave.. We should STILL be negotiating with him and do everything possible before the Rd 13 cutt off and sort this mess out..Forget about FORAN i dont think he is worth anywhere near 1million dollars where DCE definitely is.

Draw up a hit list of the talent available and start making offers. It will put pressure on their existing clubs to confirm interest and match or exceed the offer. Most of them probably won't actually come but by rattling the cage it narrows the list.

Eagle Crock

Manly fans reeling from the loss of Glenn Stewart, Anthony Watmough, Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran best not look at the image below.

Nine former Manly internationals (assuming Wolfman leaves) will be running around AGAINST the Sea Eagles in 2016 – and the Brookvale cupboard looks particularly bare in comparison.

Some of the players who departed did so with Manly's blessing but several others could still be there if circumstances had been different.

Manly will buy players with the money freed up by the twin exits of DCE and Foran but, as it stands, it's a pretty ordinary side for 2016 save for some class in the backline.

The Sea Eagles have been at the top for 10 years and may still do something this year, but a slide was inevitable at some stage.

Rev-Up has been around long enough to remember the pain and sadness that accompanied Bob Fulton's departure in the 70s, but that was nothing compared to the depth of anger over events this week.

DCE can expect to be roundly booed at Brookie on Saturday night, although many Manly fans are saving their abuse for club management.

ex-manly-v-new-manly_vgks90nt4wul1dcdefttq1jdm.jpg

Minimum return for Max

Former Manly owner Max Delmege claims he is no longer welcome at games after being denied a ticket to Saturday night's clash against Melbourne.

Gold Coast-based Delmege received a pass to all games under the previous Sea Eagles management but he says that right has been revoked under the current regime.

Delmege has long been critical of the Penn family and blames them for letting Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans go.

Probably no surprise, then, that he is persona non grata at Brookie.

That backline 1-6 is actually pretty good. Gutho (not Cuthbo) has a pretty tidy kicking game. You could swap him for Hiku if you like but with Tom Turbo in there that is tidy.

Pack needs work though - everyone outside Ballin and Buhrer. BJ, Mateo, Starling and Hodges on the bench next year. Everyone else new.

That cannot be our 2016 team someone just got a dart board out. What do they think we aren't going 2 spend any money?

Mose Masoe and Lama Tasi are off contract and would come back from the Superleague. While we are there sign up Kallum Watkins for 2017 to replace Lyon or Matai.

Luke Walsh, Scott Dureau, Tim Smith and Todd Carney are all running around in the SL too plus Maloney, Sezer etc here locally in the NRL so there are plenty of able options in the halves at (no pun intended) half the cost.

1 marquee forward signing and 2 mid-tier signings of 1 half and 1 backrower/prop is all that is required for 2016. Then 1 marquee centre in 2017 to partner Matai/Lyon with backup in Hiku/Gutherson.

Ideally Sam Burgess (800k) + Tom Burgess (300k) and James Maloney (500k) for a total of 1.5-1.6 million. But would settle for T.Burgess + Mose Masoe + Sezer + one more cheaper forward

Mose Masoe and Lama Tasi are off contract and would come back from the Superleague. While we are there sign up Kallum Watkins for 2017 to replace Lyon or Matai.

Luke Walsh, Scott Dureau, Tim Smith and Todd Carney are all running around in the SL too plus Maloney, Sezer etc here locally in the NRL so there are plenty of able options in the halves at (no pun intended) half the cost.

1 marquee forward signing and 2 mid-tier signings of 1 half and 1 backrower/prop is all that is required for 2016. Then 1 marquee centre in 2017 to partner Matai/Lyon with backup in Hiku/Gutherson.

Ideally Sam Burgess (800k) + Tom Burgess (300k) and James Maloney (500k) for a total of 1.5-1.6 million. But would settle for T.Burgess + Mose Masoe + Sezer + one more cheaper forward

Tom could get 500k + on the market, and big Sam 1mil.

Tom could get 500k + on the market, and big Sam 1mil.
Tom burgess and Dave tyrrell are both off contact for souths. I reckon we target tom, force souths to up their offer to keep him and jump on tyrrell when he's forced out, or visa versa.

Tom burgess and Dave tyrrell are both off contact for souths. I reckon we target tom, force souths to up their offer to keep him and jump on tyrrell when he's forced out, or visa versa.
I don't think Tyrell is the answer; he looked good last year because he was playing along side 3 Burgess boys. I wouldn't want him leading our pack and coming across from Souths as a marquee signing. Tom on the another hand?!

I don't think Tyrell is the answer; he looked good last year because he was playing along side 3 Burgess boys. I wouldn't want him leading our pack and coming across from Souths as a marquee signing. Tom on the another hand?!
I agree, I would rather Tom, I really hope we go for and get him. But I would definitely take tyrrell, not as a marquee player but as a very solid addition.
Souths surely can't offer t burgess too much, don't want us to pay stupid money for him though.

Mason Lino. Warriors half. Remember watching him in 20s grand final and always thought he looked good. Kicks goals also. He won't get a look in whilst Johnson is in front of him. Could be a good pickup whilst we still have joey

Mason Lino??? Oh no way!! Don't get me wrong he's got some talent but he's too inconsistent too often, he's too slow and even though he can kick goals, he's inconsistent at that too!
I think Lino has played a couple of FG games, if that, but he's been with the Warriors for some time now and he's come up through the junior ranks in NZ, so if he was FG ready he'd already be established as the 1st preference halves back up over boom rookie Tuimoala Lolohea..... Yet he's not and is still plodding along in NSW Cup while Lolohea has leap-frogged him in leaps n bounds as the Warriors 1st choice halves back up!! IMO Lino has already reached his potential and he's as good as he's ever gonna get!! And the whole he's a 6 and he's a 7 spill is a wasted argument because the game has evolved and it now doesn't matter whether you have a 6 or a 7 on ur back!
If we were to sign any rookie from the Warriors, I'd be pinching Tuimoala Lolohea!

We need some quality go forward! I would be investing in a marquee forward or two as well as an experienced half to help blood and partner Rudolph in the halves!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4