Recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Peta Hiku
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Kane Elgey
08. Tom Burgess
09. Matt Ballin
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Luke Burgess
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Josh Starling
17. Jake Trbojevic

You not spending the cap? Burgess,Lussick and Elgey don't add up 2 DCE and Foz's offers

As people mention - whats a contract?
Woods, Hargreaves, Napa, The young 2nd rower from Eels, Tamou - 2 of these
In the halves go for Elgey & what about young Hastings at Roosters - potential & would already be in many starting sides.

Message to the "new" management who talk big but deliver small.

After the Northern Eagles debacle I well remember what those first few years were like. Our recruitment basically consisted of signing anybody that would have us OR players that were unwanted by their current clubs cause their best football was 3 or 4 years ago OR had varying degrees of off field issues.

In short we were shopping at the $2 shop - and it showed.

It was a combination of desperation and smacked of a team who wanted mediocrity at best. There was no plan, no vision, just desperation and panic.

I am extremely disappointed with how management has handled the DCE situation in particular - but as a fan I move on and support my team. BUT I wont accept if we start buying journeyman, blokes other clubs are happy to let go cause they are past their best and still want big $$$ , or blokes who have been punted from other clubs for being grubs.

Go after top quality players BUT if they wont come because of how our club is now perceived as declining thanks to this mess then target the best juniors of some of our biggest rivals.

You've dug yourselves a big hole - plan to get out of it but not with quick fixes and $2 signings.

As people mention - whats a contract?
Woods, Hargreaves, Napa, The young 2nd rower from Eels, Tamou - 2 of these
In the halves go for Elgey & what about young Hastings at Roosters - potential & would already be in many starting sides.
Nah you don't want that kid from Parra - he'll bail in a year to try to crack the Olympic squad but everything else - I'm on board. Go cheap on the halves and exie on the forwards.

After the Northern Eagles debacle I well remember what those first few years were like. Our recruitment basically consisted of signing anybody that would have us OR players that were unwanted by their current clubs cause their best football was 3 or 4 years ago OR had varying degrees of off field issues.

It was a combination of desperation and smacked of a team who wanted mediocrity at best. There was no plan, no vision, just desperation and panic.

I am extremely disappointed with how management has handled the DCE situation in particular - but as a fan I move on and support my team. BUT I wont accept if we start buying journeyman, blokes other clubs are happy to let go cause they are past their best and still want big $$$ , or blokes who have been punted from other clubs for being grubs.

Go after top quality players BUT if they wont come because of how our club is now perceived as declining thanks to this mess then target the best juniors of some of our biggest rivals.

You've dug yourselves a big hole - plan to get out of it but not with quick fixes and $2 signings.
Yeah look who knows but gez, we have stuffed our great team in 12 months.

Kane Elgey from the Titans looks the goods & Aiden Sezer would be the two i would go after,
we also need some forwards mainly Props that can actually bend the line,Manly Management
give yourself an uppercut.
Blokes that are desperate i would definate say carney, given blake ferguson gets a chance can bubbler? Tamou is on the nose up north roosters cannot keep napa, evans and jwh so i imagine where in line for one of them.
Our competition - sharks, raiders have similar cash to spend as do warriors.

Wasn't there big wraps on Darcy's younger brother Joey? I recall him being a half / hooker in the juniors? is he still in under 20's at parra? Memories of some big wraps on his kicking game and getting a go in one of those origin development squads. Darcy has potential as a regular first grader but no big star, so a value signing.. some would say a "gift" package... if Joey is still looking the goods for the future. Wouldn't be an overly expensive package (darcy got his pay day at parra and they wont offer that much again going on performance and now having to shed some skin) and i reckon you get the best out of darcy at manly.

Mason Lino. Warriors half. Remember watching him in 20s grand final and always thought he looked good. Kicks goals also. He won't get a look in whilst Johnson is in front of him. Could be a good pickup whilst we still have joey

Very well said !!

The way I see it we are losing 2 premiership players (DCE & Foz) and Gift and Choc last year. We need premiership winners with that experience to replace them.
Halves - Maloney would be my first choice
Forwards - JWH or Tom Burgess

Richie Myler for me the #7 and he can bring a team mate named Anthony England young prop from warrington wolves Manly has always had good success getting some poms in

Manly desperatly need a marquee signing next year in the mould of Sam Burgess who can also lead the forwards

Lote mentioned someone who could be enticed to come back from Leeds - young up and comer and local kid Cuthbo haha

Carney- 300k
Elgey-250k
T burgess- 500k
J tamou- 400k
And I'd actually have a look at gallen, he's off contract and would be desperate for a premiership.
Gallen-600k.
All prices are speculation of course...
1 Stewert
2 gutherson
3 matai
4 Lyon
5 tafua/ hiku
6 carney
7 Elgey
8 t burgess
9 ballin
10 tamou
11 buhrer
12 symonds
13 gallen

Back in the hunt with that starting 13 (of course only my opinion)

Carney- 300k
Elgey-250k
T burgess- 500k
J tamou- 400k
And I'd actually have a look at gallen, he's off contract and would be desperate for a premiership.
Gallen-600k.
All prices are speculation of course...
1 Stewert
2 gutherson
3 matai
4 Lyon
5 tafua/ hiku
6 carney
7 Elgey
8 t burgess
9 ballin
10 tamou
11 buhrer
12 symonds
13 gallen

Back in the hunt with that starting 13 (of course only my opinion)
Gallen has already said he is retiring at the end of this year. I think Carney would be more like $450k as he is getting decent coin in England (but I can't see the club going down this path).

Agree on Elgey, and Burgess. Tamou is a tough one because he did have 2 cracking seasons, but he hasn't been good for a while. He reminds me of T-Rex a bit, in that he doesn't realise how big he is and drifts in and out of games.

As mentioned before, I'd go Maloney in the 6, and try for Napa. I'd also like Klemmer but I think we have stuff all chance of getting him from the Dogs. As for a backrower, I'd love an experienced hard nut with a couple of good years in them, like a BK, or Jeremy Smith type player (but I don't see many options here). We should look at Adam Docker (which another poster recommended); he is a bit of a throw-back to the old hard days that one (which could be good for us).

Gallen has already said he is retiring at the end of this year. I think Carney would be more like $450k as he is getting decent coin in England (but I can't see the club going down this path).

Agree on Elgey, and Burgess. Tamou is a tough one because he did have 2 cracking seasons, but he hasn't been good for a while. He reminds me of T-Rex a bit, in that he doesn't realise how big he is and drifts in and out of games.

As mentioned before, I'd go Maloney in the 6, and try for Napa. I'd also like Klemmer but I think we have stuff all chance of getting him from the Dogs. As for a backrower, I'd love an experienced hard nut with a couple of good years in them, like a BK, or Jeremy Smith type player (but I don't see many options here). We should look at Adam Docker (which another poster recommended); he is a bit of a throw-back to the old hard days that one (which could be good for us).
I'd love to get klemmer

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4