Recruitment and Retention news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The players will sign where the money is. If we miss out on a player it's because someone offered him more. DCE was going to the Titans FFS before he backflipped. Trent Hodkinson went to Newcastle.
I don't believe Manly has lost the ability to attract quality signings due to missing the finals in 15/16. It all comes down to the dollars. Back ended contracts are a nightmare. This year is a nightmare but the real Manly will be back.
Yep valid points; although, I'd imagine players that have current team mates who have played at the club that is trying to recruit them would take their feedback into consideration - especially if it is bad feedback.

Yeah but DCE never wanted to leave Manly did he. He only signed with the Tits after the Penn's pulled the reported $700k offer the Quantum owners had given him. That was a big fvck up all-round really and it was all because some selfish git (who we now seem to be chasing again.....) didn't like that his mate wasn't offered a contract and was basically being forced out.

I still believe that is where the karma comment came from. The club didn't offer a contract to one so make them lose their international halves as a result. It also, rather unfairly, ended up costing a club legend his job

And certain people (person....) wants to bring this guy back?

Yep valid points; although, I'd imagine players that have current team mates who have played at the club that is trying to recruit them would take their feedback into consideration - especially if it is bad feedback.
Like Foz and Choc telling people not to go to Manly - they're disloyal to their players. Come to the well oiled machine that's parramatta.:giggle: Party tours run by Corey Norman.;)

Yeah but DCE never wanted to leave Manly did he. He only signed with the Tits after the Penn's pulled the reported $700k offer the Quantum owners had given him. That was a big fvck up all-round really and it was all because some selfish git (who we now seem to be chasing again.....) didn't like that his mate wasn't offered a contract and was basically being forced out.

I still believe that is where the karma comment came from. The club didn't offer a contract to one so make them lose their international halves as a result. It also, rather unfairly, ended up costing a club legend his job

I understand DCE didn't want to leave and the club stuffed up big time. It all ended sweet for Cherry though and I'm very glad he stayed at Manly. I'd love to see more loyalty and less dollar chasing. I know I'm dreaming though.

Let's face it, its a brutal sport, a young man's game, short careers, these guys are gonna milk it for all they can, and do what's best for their families. ;)

If DCE was happy with this so called Quantum offer why didn't he sign it without delay---maybe just maybe he was seeking more.

I don't buy the "always wanted to stay line" during the Quantum period of negotiations----i think DCE wanted/preferred to stay at the right price which is not what Quantum offered, DCE delayed and the new owners had every right to withdraw the offer and take stock of the situation.

I think the "always wanted to stay" line was manufactured to paint DCE in a better light after the offer was removed.

If DCE was happy with this so called Quantum offer why didn't he sign it without delay---maybe just maybe he was seeking more.

I don't buy the "always wanted to stay line" during the Quantum period of negotiations----i think DCE wanted/preferred to stay at the right price which is not what Quantum offered, DCE delayed and the new owners had every right to withdraw the offer and take stock of the situation.

I think the "always wanted to stay" line was manufactured to paint DCE in a better light after the offer was removed.
Whereas Foran signed with Parra but didn't tell Manly until DCE had signed with titans.

I was not comparing the two or trying to make out one better than the other just the pathetic fall back of DCE always wanting to stay being over exaggerated.

But in the perspective of the last 12 months DCE staying was one of the only good things that happened at the club. I don't think him staying has been over exaggerated.

But in the perspective of the last 12 months DCE staying was one of the only good things that happened at the club. I don't think him staying has been over exaggerated.
The always wanted to stay part with some supporters comes across as stringing a positive to the signing after the fact that was never based on fact just PR wordplay.

Like Foz and Choc telling people not to go to Manly - they're disloyal to their players. Come to the well oiled machine that's parramatta.:giggle: Party tours run by Corey Norman.;)
Can you still sign up for these party tours? I'm sure my old and battered body would be no bar to the squeals..... I'll just change my name to...... BK.
They wouldn't even know he's long retired.
Worth a try imo....

Anyone seen this? Might answer some questions for a few people. Maybe...

Very interesting. For a start seems DCE had no problems with Tooves. He really didn't seem too worried about anything but his contract like coaching and recruitment.
I certainly wouldn't describe Matt johns as the most concise interviewer in the world. Could've had as much said in about 20 less questions.

We seem to be building a young bad boy pack.

Knight
Fonua Blake
Meehan
Hopoate

Wonder if Fultons doing it purposely? I know some are juniors but there's nothing stopping him getting rid of them.
And supposedly we are chasing manu Ma'u who has also been in jail.

Sign packer and wicks and we have the parramatta jail forward pack.

Pity we have no backs. Maybe we can sign bevan Meninga as a centre

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7