Recruitment and Retention news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Canberra flyer Brenko Lee looks likely to sign with Canterbury in 2017.

Market Watch can reveal the Bulldogs have offered the 20-year-old a three-year-deal in what is their second attempt to bring the centre/winger to the kennel.

The club had tried to sign Lee last year in a mid-season switch before the Raiders vetoed the move.

The Brisbane product made his NRL debut for the Raiders in 2014 but struggled to nail down a regular spot in the first grade side.

Lee hasn’t been short of suitors with Manly also showing interest but the Bulldogs are favourite to sign him.

The cousin of fellow Raiders speedster Brenko, Lee is a Junior Kangaroos and Queensland 20s representative.

Lee is expected to make a call on his future by the end of the week.

----------------
Feleti Mateo could be the next Sea Eagles player to head to England.

Having recently released Tom Symonds to the Super League, Mateo could soon join him with the English press reporting that Wakefield are the front runners for his signature.

The 32-year-old is a versatile player with the ability to play backrow, lock or five-eighth.

With over 200 first grade games to his name, Mateo has not been part of Trent Barrett’s plans at Manly and failed to secure a place in the NRL side this season.

----------------

I'm a bit worried about the clubs recruiting this year, more than halfway through and no signings or re signings. We are missing out Lee now so far we have no backline really and our depth doesn't exist. We have to start signing players cause we won't have any if we don't, stop hoping Matai and Snake will play on, they won't, snakes heading to England and Matai will retire. Even if these 2 do stay they will just be injured all year hopefully the clubs moves them on but with respect not like poor Matty ballin. So far we have let go from the club-

Mateo
Starling
Vave
Symonds
Ramien

For none in return, everyone keeps shooting me down when I say the club is going to buy a big name player but I can't see it happening any other way if a club wasn't going after a big name surely they would start buying talent when it's on the market. And we have no other choice but to go to market coz all our under 20s are crap ATM accept Parker and Hynes who have been carving up and Cust, Bainbridge. We have some good forwards coming through though like: Knight, Meehan, Fonua-Blake, Hopoate, Bainbridge, Cox. We just need some good young backs for the future of the club we have Parker from under 20s who can go beside walker for the next 10 years but we need another good winger and a quality 5/8 (not a reject shop buy).

We had a good off season recruiting wise last year, and we will have a ton of cash freed up. Especially if Stewart and Matai leave too.

Don't forget that our two biggest signings for this year (Kapow and Walker) were both meant to be contracted to other clubs this year.

Anything can happen.

Rumor has it that Snakes final year at Manly in 2017 is worth 800k as its back ended. So shedding all these players might be to ballance the books until they know what Snake is doing.
As soon as he decides what he is doing we can make moves accordingly.

@Turbo

Mateo
Starling
Vave
Symonds
Ramien

Lyon
Matai
Snake
That's maybe 6 or 7 out of out top 25 gone.

We could buy a lot of players with that coin.

Rumor has it that Snakes final year at Manly in 2017 is worth 800k as its back ended. So shedding all these players might be to ballance the books until they know what Snake is doing.

As much as I love Snake, he needs to make his bloody decision. Until he makes it the club cant do a thing. That is going to put the club is a poor position for next year. No point having an extra $800k if there isn't anyone worth spending it on.

Gee which genius came up with the idea to give Snake 800k? For that matter Mateo on the reported 500K-600K is also a bloody joke.

Andrew Johns had a huge back ended contract. And look at Newcastle....

Note; Joeys barge arse has nothing to do with the knights current dilemma.

Gee which genius came up with the idea to give Snake 800k? For that matter Mateo on the reported 500K-600K is also a bloody joke.
We only got Mateo as the Warriors agreed to pay 75% of his costs :nod:

Snake is ZtH's pet, the Owners extended him last year so they can pay him out as they feel fit. :dollar::dollar::dollar:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-offseason-training-plan-20160219-gmyfin.html

It doesn't look like the New Era Ferris pre-season running drills did Snake any favours.:eek:

@Turbo where is Starling going???

To be fair the other guys you have listed are hardly going to be missed. All it does is free up some much needed cash. Agreed it would be nice from a fans point of view to have a signing by now.

I reckon in 2017 we're gonna have to play with what we have and in 2018 the signings will come especially if Snake decides to dig his heels in for his 800k. It can be argued we got Walker and Taupau who were both not off-contract but no one is going to want to break their contract a year early and would rather wait for a substantial pay rise when the cap goes up.

I have to say I agree with young Turbo, In need of a winger, a centre, 5/8 and a workhorse forward. So far we have nada, zero,0, nothing. I'm very worried, next year will be much like this one without some astute signings.

To get ahead they used to say "go west young man", so I guess the club figures our future prosperity lies in recruiting young men from Blacktown.

I have to say I agree with young Turbo, In need of a winger, a centre, 5/8 and a workhorse forward. So far we have nada, zero,0, nothing. I'm very worried, next year will be much like this one without some astute signings.

But we should have close to 2 million to spend.
Let me hear your money talk!

Stewart 800k
Lyon 700k
Matai 550k
Mateo 600k
Burgess 250k
Moltzen 50k
Lawrence 200k
Starling 100k
Symonds 150k
Vave 100k

3.5 million to spend

Mateo's contract value seems to be going up with each post. I thought he was on about 350 k which is still exorbitant as far as I'm concerned.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8