Record price for a turtle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jerry1

First Grader
Reported on 2gb today to Hadley that Parra will make a 4 million dollar bid for the turtle.
They must have deep pockets indeed.

It's going turn everyone's guts when DCE and his management start parading around in the 'testing the market' phase.

It was bad enough seeing him walk and talk like a politician last time.

It's going to be ridiculous and continuous with about half a percent of truth to every story.
At least we'll be quite used to it this time around.
I wonder if he'll be seen at a café with des, bowling with the bunnies, having dinner at Brad Arthur's and training with the donkeys.:rolleyes:
I don't think he'll be sighted at Northies with the sharks.

Jerry1 said:
Reported on 2gb today to Hadley that Parra will make a 4 million dollar bid for the turtle.

Sure, but what good is that when $2.8m of it is designated for limousine transport from the northern beaches to wentworthville everyday.

To be honest he is worth it he is the best player in the game and getting better he should be on one of the highest contracts available. He should he part of the marquee player group and I would say we will get a certain amount of help from the nrl to keep him.

No idea if we will be able to keep him but we will give t a red hot go

Jerry1 said:

Well, I would rather that he stays with us but if he goes he goes. There is nothing that we can do about it. It will only go to show that he's not loyal to Manly and is only after the almighty dollar if he does take up their offer. It wouldn't say much for his word to Choc saying that he wasn't going anywhere either. :-/

The last time he was on the Footy Show during contract negotiations he spoke like he'd never played for Manly.

I'm with you Jethro, you can't pay one guy a quarter of the cap and have monkeys running around him.

He's not even the best player at Manly, let alone the rest of the NRL.

Well, when the time comes if he goes chasing the coin we will do what we have always done. Bring up a new gun.

However, I'd reckon that living on the north shore and the way of life here would be worth a fair chunk. Especially to a young player with plenty of years to make money.

Who here would want to play for another club hey :)

If we make him a good offer we have a better chance of keeping him than any other club . Why wouldn't we ???????

And how can Parra afford that considering their cap issues:

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/parramatta-eels-salary-cap-doesnt-fit-shelling-out-more-than-750000-for-departed-players-20140717-zu4q4.html

strone33 said:

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/parramatta-eels-salary-cap-doesnt-fit-shelling-out-more-than-750000-for-departed-players-20140717-zu4q4.html
See the next post same site.
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/daly-cherryevans-heads-list-of-playmakers-heading-to-market-20140717-zu36x.html

strone33 said:

By the looks of that, if they offer Chez monopoly-money for 2016 and beyond, they will have a clutch of 2nd stringers around him.

Chez is smart enough to know that's not much fun, or a good career move either. The players around you, and a winning team is by far more conducive to a player's career.

And can someone succinctly explain why any club has to keep paying a contract if the player's released and playing for a rival club?

Surely if the Eels are paying the wages of players they might as we have them at their disposal; even if they're in reggies for a lot of the time.

And, I wouldn't say no to Ken Sio coming over the bridge to join Cheyse here next year either, just quietly.

What's a matter parramatta.
You would be mistaken for thinking their board must be dysfunctional.

Dan said:
To be honest he is worth it he is the best player in the game and getting better he should be on one of the highest contracts available. He should he part of the marquee player group and I would say we will get a certain amount of help from the nrl to keep him.

No idea if we will be able to keep him but we will give t a red hot go

Why not 10mill for 8 years?

Is anyone else just dreading the next year, year and a half? We've had about 6mths or so of speculation and I am just so over it.

DCE is a must signing......at a reasonable price. I agree with others who have said we cannot break the cap to keep someone and just have 2nd stringers around him. We need to throw good coin at him, absolutely no doubt. But not ridiculous coin that would see us lose a number of quality players.

I would hope that DCE and his manager have more than just a straight monetary brain and realize that playing in a competitive team will only enhance Qld and Australian jerseys, as well as the ability to win comps.......which all leads to better marketability both now and post career.

Mitch said:
the mauler said:
I see our good mate Frothfield is at it again in his Sunday column.
The guy just won't give up.

He doesn't often have too many positive words to write when it comes to our club, does he. Huge money offers for Daly and also sticks the boot in by highlighting how none of our high profile players would speak to the media this week because they're dirty on club management.

This rubbish makes it hard to get excited for games these days.

He's a c***

let him go or we'll be the next North Qld, Pump Foz the cash and sweet talk the Nrl into letting Carney back and snap him up for nicks, Carney with a strong leader is well behaved 2V can and would be able to contain him, half's pairing of Carney and Foran is just as strong we wouldnt lose that much

If you were a turtle. And you wanted to hang out with a bunch of Eagles and go and beat up the other animals. If a King Eagles has been told he has to leave the sea and hunt rabbits because King Eagles and Turtles both eat lots of fish. Why get into discussion on how many fish there may be in the ocean next year. We have fn games of football to win.

RiverEagle said:
And can someone succinctly explain why any club has to keep paying a contract if the player's released and playing for a rival club?

Parra told 12 contracted Players to F'off.
The Player, wants to play first grade so he signs with another Club, knowing that his NRL registered contract amount must be paid in full.

This limits the hit to the Salary Cap of both Clubs. So its a win-win-win situation.

The Player could just wait out his contract in the Reggies, as a Club can't reneg on a contract.

Players, like Carney, are easy to set up to breach a condition of their contract. Thus their Club does not have to pay them out :cool:

Not succinct , but neither is the Salary Cap ruling :)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7