RECLAIM MANLY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I want my team back.

That's all.

Maybe I should be more specific. Only a few things I am unhappy about
1 Ownership
2 CEO
3 Direction the coaching is headed
4 Playing roster - treatment of current players, juniors and recruitment.

Last edited:
Stiff **** the club is majority privately owned by a family of assholes, if u don't like it support another team, not my thoughts just my words

I want my team back.

That's all.

Maybe I should be more specific. Only a few things I am unhappy about
1 Ownership
2 CEO

In relation to your points.

Penn owns the club and he yet to show the members and fans what his plans are. We have massive ongoing issues in relation to Brooky oval and it really is put up or shut up about it as its been debated for too long.

The CEO was brought in and frankly was sold a pup by Penn, his task of re-signing our halves was just a farce from the start. You had one who wanted to be here and the administration of our club pulled an offer that would retained him very easily without any of the fuss and the other half was gone long before Kelly came in. His role now is to get the club a major sponsor and to start communicating with the fans and members as there has been precious little of that of late.

The phony war over the coaching has to stop. I expect and I hope the club will hold off announcing the change while there is a remote chance of us making the finals. Toovey knows whats coming but for the sake of everyone we need to hear about the vision of the club moving forward from the owners.

I think there needs to be some honesty about where the team is heading, all year its been about disgruntled off contract players and we need to start 2016 with everyone on board. I dont mind that they are clearing out players who have just not worked but it is paramount that we retain all of our good juniors

That is what the fans want and how the Penn clan will ultimately be judged!

In relation to your points.

Penn owns the club and he yet to show the members and fans what his plans are. We have massive ongoing issues in relation to Brooky oval and it really is put up or shut up about it as its been debated for too long.

The CEO was brought in and frankly was sold a pup by Penn, his task of re-signing our halves was just a farce from the start. You had one who wanted to be here and the administration of our club pulled an offer that would retained him very easily without any of the fuss and the other half was gone long before Kelly came in. His role now is to get the club a major sponsor and to start communicating with the fans and members as there has been precious little of that of late.

The phony war over the coaching has to stop. I expect and I hope the club will hold off announcing the change while there is a remote chance of us making the finals. Toovey knows whats coming but for the sake of everyone we need to hear about the vision of the club moving forward from the owners.

I think there needs to be some honesty about where the team is heading, all year its been about disgruntled off contract players and we need to start 2016 with everyone on board. I dont mind that they are clearing out players who have just not worked but it is paramount that we retain all of our good juniors

That is what the fans want and how the Penn clan will ultimately be judged!
Didn't you see the powerpoint with the stadium and the units and the pic of the Penn's having a money fight with all the revenue flooding in?

I'm happy to look at it as economists do the J-curve. We've hit rock bottom and things have to change to get us heading upwards again. This could be the radical imputus needed to get us back to another 10-year dominance.

Didn't you see the powerpoint with the stadium and the units and the pic of the Penn's having a money fight with all the revenue flooding in?
Thats pie in the sky stuff, when is it going to be delivered?? Chances are we will be collecting out pensions by the time they get around to it. We have heard nothing since about the plans or how it is going to affect the club in the short term and long term.

I'm watching the 2011 GF replay. Geez it makes me sad (and happy. And sad all over again!). Those were the days eh.

Thats pie in the sky stuff, when is it going to be delivered?? Chances are we will be collecting out pensions by the time they get around to it. We have heard nothing since about the plans or how it is going to affect the club in the short term and long term.
There has been no outline of a strategy to achieve white rapper Joke L.L.Why?s' Bullsh-tvale Stadium. That is, a timeline for rezoning of land or how to finance it up front; discussions with the state govt. etc. The list goes on.

The fact that Warringah Council want more money in rental and/or the ground placed in a government trust, serves as a convenient sticking point that allows both parties the excuse not to do anything with the money allocated by the Commonwealth. Despite outstanding work still to be undertaken from the last round of upgrades - which would deliver an improved ground on a par with current arrangements at Kogarah, Penrith etc. From there you have a solid basis for further improvements. Think of it as the SCG writ small. A series of upgrades there has delivered the superior stadium for cricket and AFL we have today. With more to come at that venue.

Obviously they think we're all chumps who can't see through their smokesceen.

There has been no outline of a strategy to achieve white rapper Joke L.L.Why?s' Bullsh-tvale Stadium. That is, a timeline for rezoning of land or how to finance it up front; discussions with the state govt. etc. The list goes on.

The fact that Warringah Council want more money in rental and/or the ground placed in a government trust, serves as a convenient sticking point that allows both parties the excuse not to do anything with the money allocated by the Commonwealth. Despite outstanding work still to be undertaken from the last round of upgrades - which would deliver an improved ground on a par with current arrangements at Kogarah, Penrith etc. From there you have a solid basis for further improvements. Think of it as the SCG writ small. A series of upgrades there has delivered the superior stadium for cricket and AFL we have today. With more to come at that venue.

Obviously they think we're all chumps who can't see through their smokesceen.
I like what you have written, we are all being taken for mugs, the procrastination from the club and Warringah council over this just drags on.

If Brooky was to be upgraded as per the vision of the Penns, it would mean that we would be away from Brookvale for at least a season.

My fear is that the longer this is dragged out the closer we are to being forced to play our home games away from Brookvale by the NRL. We have seen this season that because of the surface our Holden cup team has had a grand total of 4 homes out of 17 fixtures, that is just not on!

The surface looked perfect on Monday night.
Why do we need a bigger venue when we never fill it to capacity now - and the NRL/TV stations schedule Monday night games there?

Another real fact is the land is not Warringah Councils to sell.

It is Community land, which means it can not be sold, and its a whole long winded process to change it from Community to Operational.

You can't blame there's owners for the players we have now. They don't control how the team is playing and its manly. They don't control coaching or team morale.

You might be unhappy with were the team is heading. But that doesn't change the way things are now. From Gift to Choc to Player recruitment. Foz and chez had there noses out of joint and were money hungry dogs long before now.

Not saying that right or wrong decisions were made. But were Manly. When things go wrong we fix them. Not like Parra or the Tigers. Things are crap for 5 years and they still do nothing.

You can't blame there's owners for the players we have now. They don't control how the team is playing and its manly. They don't control coaching or team morale.

You might be unhappy with were the team is heading. But that doesn't change the way things are now. From Gift to Choc to Player recruitment. Foz and chez had there noses out of joint and were money hungry dogs long before now.

Not saying that right or wrong decisions were made. But were Manly. When things go wrong we fix them. Not like Parra or the Tigers. Things are crap for 5 years and they still do nothing.

It appears that way Instead of sitting on there hands and riding it out for a season or 2 Boom lets deal with this now !!!

Yeah I would like to know what there plans really are. Who was the dickhead who employed the Current CEO. He has got no Idea. Bring back Arko. The Place I have loved for 37 Years is making me feel like ****. And being A Queenslander and you could just Imagine the **** I am copping this year up here. But I will never ever change. I have this great club tattooed on me as does my wife . We love the place just don't like what is happening at the moment. Do the Penn Family and the CEO really love the place as much as us Fans . I don't think so. It's just a Business for them. Time some of the Old Players and Administrators come back and take over the Place god knows if I ever get Lucky I will buy the Joint and Bring us back to where we belong at the TOP.

Only a few things I am unhappy about
1 Ownership
2 CEO

Whilst I fully agree with all your 'things', there is one omission:

Lack of communication with the members....the ones who pay their hard-earned for season tickets/memberships (e.g. a Q & A session was held in Albury with the CEO for out-of-town fans, but what about one at home at Brookie?) We've been told very little about player movements - and coach movements - and anything @:mad:

Whilst I fully agree with all your 'things', there is one omission:

Lack of communication with the members....the ones who pay their hard-earned for season tickets/memberships (e.g. a Q & A session was held in Albury with the CEO for out-of-town fans, but what about one at home at Brookie?) We've been told very little about player movements - and coach movements - and anything @:mad:
Totally agree.Sick of hearing about sackings or signings via morons in the media

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4