Rebecca Wilson passes away.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
Legendary Telegraph columnist Rebecca Wilson dies aged 54
50754b4399a5b603b34f43d799287791

The Daily Telegraph
12 minutes ago
50754b4399a5b603b34f43d799287791

LEGENDARY journalist, columnist and broadcaster Rebecca Wilson has passed away.

The award-winning sports journalist at The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph lost her long and very private battle to cancer this morning.

Her husband John Hartigan and sons Tom and Will this morning said:

“Our amazing Bec lost her long battle against breast cancer early today.

She passed away peacefully in the family home in Sydney while surrounded by her loved ones.

“Courage has always been a significant part of her DNA, no less in her desperate battle against her insidious disease.

“Rebecca kept knowledge of her illness a closely guarded secret. The majority of her friends, colleagues and indeed members of her family were unaware of the extent of her illness. She did so to limit their suffering.

“We are so proud that she was so fearless in her chosen role as a sports journalist. She brushed aside evil trolls, bullies and organised crime figures to prosecute her craft.

“She proved that women had an equally important role in sports journalism as her male counterparts.

We dearly love and miss our Bec.”

Even though she rubbed many of us up the wrong way, condolences to her family & may she rest in peace......

Condolences to her family as it is always hard to lose a loved one. What she said about our club and some of our players over the years has left me cold. Her style of journalism and the damage it did especially Snake in 2009 for me will never be forgotten cause he was crucified by her words and news filth were made to pay compensation later on for it.

Show some class Manly fans and and take care with your comments. Yes, many of us were not fans of her reporting on the Brett Stewart saga, but now is not the time to stick the boot in. RIP.
Could not agree more.
RIP Bec and congrats on being a forerunner for so many women sports journalists of today. At a time when the few women sports journos who did exist wrote meekly so as not to upset the boys, she dared to write what others wouldn't. Anyone who does that will stuff up occasionally, but the world is a better place for having had them in it.
Condolences to her family. Breast cancer is a tough bastard.

This is unexpected,i thought the thread was a joke

While i strongly disagree with this article,famous people hiding cancer in place of raising awareness and a huge chunk of her articles,my condolences go to her family,strong lady right to the end,rest in peace

I was dreadfully unhappy with her during the Brett Stewart business, but often journalists have to be controversial so I can forgive her for that. Very sad to lose someone in this way. A mum and a wife. Condolences to her family.

RIP
Condolences to her family and friends.

Never her biggest fan but for better or worse she did her job and usually didn't back down on what she thought.

Condolences to her family and friends.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4