Reasons why its still good to be a Manly supporter!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
Just to lighten the mood a bit, and spurned by a comment a mate put on facebook to help put a smile on my face, why its still good to be a Manly supporter:

* We haven't signed Ricky Stuart to be our coach next season.
* We don't have T-Rex signed to a massive multi-year contract.
* Steve Menzies is returning to the club next season.

Feel free to add more! :)

We will be in the GF again next year.
The Clive Churchill medal winner plays for us.
Best halves in the comp.

We have wow 8 GF's
Plus 1 for 2007 ie if it was formula 1 or Olympics, massive cheats are rubbed out and 2 place is rightly hand the win
Make that plus 2, yesterday's massive effort against a great team and the refs is a winning effort on the field of battle if not the score board...
Btw if you divide manlys GF wins into the total number of games played or years in the comp manly rank ( from memory) 3 or 4, ofcourse the donkeys at the top have that one city team advantage....amazing team.

tayls said:
We will be in the GF again next year.
The Clive Churchill medal winner plays for us.
Best halves in the comp.

Exactly , plus Manly will be even more determined now that the pain of losing a GF is burning in their gut :exclamation:

Having Beaver around will revitalise the team. As he had Robinson as his Coach at Catalan, he will assisst 2v in breaking down his tactics :idea:

-The only team to have not lost a game by 13+ all year.

-My favourite reason this year, is is that we knocked out the NRL's favourite team. I can handle the Roosters winning. Souths winning would have been torture.

The thread title is misleading, you make it sound like there is a reason it is not good to be a Manly supporter - nope can't think of any

And the answer to last week's quiz is the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. The other 15 were pallid imitations of a great sporting organisation.

Rod Jacko said:
We have wow 8 GF's
Plus 1 for 2007 ie if it was formula 1 or Olympics, massive cheats are rubbed out and 2 place is rightly hand the win
Make that plus 2, yesterday's massive effort against a great team and the refs is a winning effort on the field of battle if not the score board...
Btw if you divide manlys GF wins into the total number of games played or years in the comp manly rank ( from memory) 3 or 4, ofcourse the donkeys at the top have that one city team advantage....amazing team.

only thing against that is that would mean parra would be credited with a title also

castle eagle said:
Rod Jacko said:
We have wow 8 GF's

only thing against that is that would mean parra would be credited with a title also

I could happy live with that. At the very least we should have been awarded the minor premierships for 2007 & 2008.

Souths "won" the 1909 GF on a dodgy forfeit so Manly & Parra should be awarded the 2007 & 2009 titles. Do it today NRL so we have something to celebrate over the summer...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6