1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Test

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by nodd, May 4, 2006.

1. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5
    Looking forward to the first "real" test match I've been to live in quite a few years. Last one I went to was when dishhead and tamati went at it on the way to the bin. so long ago I can't remember what year. Should be fiery affair again tomorrow night :clap:

2. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Mate that was Ions ago - wasn't it late 80s or early 90s. You are seriously old nodd!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5
    CW, I reckon I was just out of school(I was on the drink) and a mates old man was a sponsor of Wynnum Manly and got a few freebies. We were just behind the QRL cronies and my mate said ' look out it's goin to be on' and it was. Nothin like a few headbutts and fisticuffs on the sidelines. Oh for the good old days :cry: hopefully a bit of biffo tomorrow night !pray:

4. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5
    Mid 80's I reckon

5. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Definitely pre-Broncos initial season in '88. So mid-80's sounds right. Dishhead was interviewed this morning on 2KY & said he's pretty good mates with Tamati now. A few beers were shared not long after the sideline spat.

The tunnel stink also lead to a rule change that sin-binned players had to leave the field separately.

6. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    I think 2nite may be the end of the dominance of Ozzie test sides. Last night on Fox sports they said 14 put of the 17 players in the Q;d schoolboy side are of polynesian dsecent and a lot of them want to play for NZ.

Players like SBW and Benji will propell the Kiwis over the next 5 to 10 yrs.