Ready to roll . Round 1 Probable team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
  Ballin must target Farah and smash him whenever he has the ball.  That done, and the centres doing their job we'll win this one easily.   

Hahaha, yeah too easy. You should coach.

ssar link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=182566.msg253639#msg253639 date=1268032171]
01.Brett stewart
02.Michael Robertson
03.Tony Williams
04.Steve Matai
05.David Williams
06.Jamie Lyon
07.Keiron Foran
08.Jason King
09.Matt Ballin
10.Josh Perry
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Chris Bailey
13.Glenn Stewart
Reserves
14.Terence Seu Seu
15.Brent Kite
16.Shane Rodney
17.George Rose

That is a KICKASS team right there.

It all hinges on how Foran, Lyon & Ballin go.
Especially Foran - if he can put in a good performance for most of the game with minimal errors, some good kicks, show some flair & variation and that he can be a threat in offense, it could really set the stage for Maroon & White success.
Ballin & Lyon also have to turn up, hopefully with at least a few moments of brilliance each.

The rest will fall into place if so.
[/quote]great team, id say
though we do have better options in the second row than chris bailey.
also th last thing we need is two rookie half's in the first round. (as good as they are there is no way des will pick them both) i think the team above is pretty spot on:)

p.s this is my first post and very much looking forward to the season ahead and conversing with my fellow manly supporters

I am excited about the fact that we are probably going to play a different style to that of the past season or two. Most teams knew how to front against us and to me there is the element of unknown about us - with strikepower in different spots that will help us. To have a half that can make a break himself as well as look to options such as unders, overs or cut outs to speedsters out wide, or look to second man and second phase play excites me!!

Bailey & Gift are our 2 top tacklers - take one of them out and the others suffers. I be happy to see Bailey in the centres - our defence will be the issue this year.  

I think Bailey is a true lock, tackles a hell of a lot, has ball skills and can break the line, especially inside that 10m zone.

Glenn on the right, Choc on the left Bailey in the centre works for me.

I watched Manly on that 1/2 hour summertime footy show and they had Tony Williams doing quick turns and rapid response stuff, he looked pretty sharp. Maybe he was still tentative about his hamstring last year..I'm happy to see how he goes as long as they have an alternative in case he's still to vunerable on the turn and chase.

Welcome Inside Pass, it can be a madhouse on here at times, but they are all very passionate supporters!!

:) thank you jethro and mark of brizzy, i just can not wait till kick off...
we'll know more by then about the team make up cos the team named 2day may well change by monday night...

I cant believe no-one has rickrolled this thread yet

Ryan link said:
To C&C

Rubbish - Bailey is up there with Jye Mullane for mine. He's a useless lump. Adds nothing in attack (goes into the fetal position when being tackled), plays the ball slower than Soloman Huamono used to for us, and has the defense of a turnstyle.

He should take his \"Newcastle\" quality football back with him to Newcastle.

That being said, he couldn't crack into the last placed Knights 17 those years ago.

I actually thought we were getting a player similar to Campese - but Campese has more talent in his left nut than Bailey does all over (and that is when Campese is out of form).

Worst player - on our team - by a mile. It was probably him rubbing off on other players that made the team look lazy. We all know what vibe Newcastle players have.

Everyone else though - brilliant players. Love every one.

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.....you really hate Bailey don't you ? What happened, did he knock you back on an autograph or something ?

He might not be a Terry Campese or a Darren Lockyer, but he is still pretty handy. I'd guess he probably scored half a dozen tries last year, mainly by breaking the line himself, not gifted tries. I'd also be surprised if he isn't in our top 3 or 4 for try assists, compare this to someone like Gulavao who probably hasn't had a try assist in his whole career. As for him being a turnstyle......please !! I'd wager that left nut of Campese's that the golden child Watmough has a higher missed tackle / ineffectual tackle percentage than Bailey.

I don't think Bailey is the messiah, but he is no way the worse player in our squad, not by an inch let alone a mile. I hope he has a good year, because I think he has a bit to offer as a foil for Gifty and Killer.

Agreed C&C. Every team needs their steady plodders. Won't change a game but will plug a gap and do a lot of defence. Not brilliant but not our worst player by a long shot.

(Someone has to be the keeper of the photos of Des with the sheep!!) :) :)

inside pass link said:
:) thank you jethro and mark of brizzy, i just can not wait till kick off...
we'll know more by then about the team make up cos the team named 2day may well change by monday night...

I am expecting an extended bench. With 2 or 3 players to be ommited.

Ryan is still getting over the departure of his former love.  By the way Rhino, that same person threw away this game last year with ball hopping and crab like behaviour.  Bailey will go OK. 

Some players take time to settle in to the new surroundings.

Bailey needed rehabitating after his time at Drugcastle.

I beleive Bailey and T Williams will have a great season this year.
They are both used to new surroundings along with the coach and trainers.
They will perform in 2010.

Cant wait for Monday.

(Someone has to be the keeper of the photos of Des with the sheep!!) :) :)
[/quote]

I thought it was a GOAT?? ;D ;D

Both excited and a little bit nervous about how the Mighty Eagles will go on Monday night. The team's got potential. It'd be great to go against recent stats and win our opening match.
The boys should all be nice and healthy after drinking all that water at the Diggers. Go Manly. Smash those pussy cats.

Bailey is not better than any of:-

Watmough
Stewart
Rodney
Galuvao
Williams

who could all play backrow.

I'll let his invisibility on the field do the talking for me - it's one thing I can count on for the hack. I'll speak no more on it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2