Ready, aim! ..............

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yeah true garts...Herbet was a big hit with the Crushers as well....who else...well A Walker was going fine when he left league the first time, went to union carved, drank alot to get over the fact he was playing union- STILL picked in the Aussie side, and then returns to league and gets himself in trouble with the Charlie Chan (hardly a performance enhancing drug which I'm sure most professional rugby league players have dabbled in....but that's another story)

Yeah I think I remember him Wheels- I think he went to the same school Daniel Roach did- not much use for those union props really outside of scrums and doorman!
eg. what the fcuk is Al Baxter doing playing for the Wallabies- USELESS!

back to king for a minute ,
if u want to see something funny
go have a look at his profile on mse,
& check out the last 2 answers from
his questionaire ,he must have had those
2 answers back to front last year..

yeah true garts...Herbet was a big hit with the Crushers as well....who else...well A Walker was going fine when he left league the first time, went to union carved, drank alot to get over the fact he was playing union- STILL picked in the Aussie side, and then returns to league and gets himself in trouble with the Charlie Chan (hardly a performance enhancing drug which I'm sure most professional rugby league players have dabbled in....but that's another story)

That's a fairly big speculation. Even for a journalist. I wouldn't be so quick to print something like that.

Mata, on what evidence could you possible make this outrageous claim about King having a stellar year? Why should this year be any different? I'm not nearly as confident as you. This seems very unlike you, as I always thought you as a realist, not an idealist.

I think the heat at Dubbo has fried his brain or he is trying to live up to his new year resolution

On the money Byso- I'm not working here- this is a forum and that is my opinion.
This opinion isn't just plucked out of nowhere either and it is based on mainly facts and some second hand information(but very reliable).
I don't want to make a big song and dance about it as it was just an off the cuff comment and I didn't say 'all' players but yes I will stick with 'most' and when I say dabble I'm mean tried.
I'm definatelty not making a judgement on the players either as like it or not it has been entrenched in our society... inparticular with people with alot of disposable income and large egos.

In fact it wouldn't be just NRL players as well, i'm sure many A-grade players etc get up to the same sort of crap.

i agree with pj ,its only an opinion ,but a pretty spot on one.you would be suprised what goes on ,but thats another story..

Fonz- I'm not going to argue this point with you but I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it to be true and seen some things with my own two eyes involving plenty of players that would make for great stories but what's the point really....their far from the lone soldiers as far as sportsman go and society for that matter so you can say I'm full of **** if you like and that's your opinion but I think your living in a bubble if that's the case!....and keep remembering I said 'most' and not 'all'

Fonz- I'm not going to argue this point with you but I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it to be true and seen some things with my own two eyes involving plenty of players that would make for great stories but what's the point really....their far from the lone soldiers as far as sportsman go and society for that matter so you can say I'm full of **** if you like and that's your opinion but I think your living in a bubble if that's the case!....and keep remembering I said 'most' and not 'all'

Still that's very friggin general PJ. Where's your proof. Don't come back and say that i've seen a few players doing this or i've seen a few players doing that. So if you want to stick to your theory that most players are druggo's than that is your right. I'll just go on thinking that you're full of ****.

[quote author=Garts]
as if a high % of players have not tried drugs at some point in time.

As if you'd have any ****en idea.
[/quote]

just like you.

research shows most young people experiment with drugs and imo footballers would be no different. however i do believe it would not be all that commen for established NRL 1st graders to be into the stuff regulary.

I never said most footballers were druggos I said most have dabbled as in tried it... sounds like your getting fairly heated Fonz so I'm sorry if I've struck a sore point- just my opinion based on different things which I care not to go into.
As far as proof goes what would be the good out of spitting out crap on the forum or anywhere for that matter (I'd have to be pretty farking stupid to do that)- you surely must see that. If you are going to start labelling people druggos because they have tried something then we have a country chockers full of druggos! remember the words 'most' and 'dabbled' (as in tried) and don't try twist it into me calling NRL players druggos to help your arguement I never said that nor would I

01. That Canberra guy that had a "package" delivered to him;
02. Andrew Walker
03. Kevin Mcguinness
04. Craig Field

in the past few years alone + more. That said, I can understand Fonz's side of the story as he is related to a current player, and sees / hears what is going on 1st hand.

I for one am happy to hear this from Fonz, because it means Manly is on the right track, and dedicating themselves OFF the park as well.

Your loyalty is awesome dude.

I also don't discount PJ has seen what he has seen. I heard rumours about Willie Mason (I have no idea of whether they are true or not).

In fact my wife said she read somewhere that some traces of white powder was found in the referees rooms at The Roosters games !!!! Again, that would probably be not true.

My daughter, who works part time in a well known Sydney night club tells me that she has personally seen many high profile NRL players using illicit drugs.

She is not a Rugby League fan and the only players she can recognise are what you would call "high profile", hence her recognition of those players. You may then draw a conclusion that NRL players, that doin't have such a high profile could also be involved in their use. I agree with most here that these drugs are unfortunatley socially acceptable to many of the under 25 years old people today.

To suggest that NRL players are not involved in their use would be simply naive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7