Reading Alex Ferguson's biography: Man United: re Foran, Choc and Brett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
His words, once a player starts talking to the media and causing unrest, or ends up disrespecting the coach, staff or thinks he is bigger than the club than they must go. The player is never bigger than the club. Fergie did this with Beckham, Roy Keane, Paul Ince, absolute superstars and the team moved on and kept winning.

I have sat and watched this stuff most of this season from Brett, Choc and Foran and they are weakening the role of Tooves, his great staff and the club. Foran's issues with Tooves is sad and he needs to be pulled into line. Foran is a great player but there are loads of them. Brett and Choc have been there so long but that doesn't justify disharmony and not following the club line. [/align]

Let Brett and Choc go. This will save one million bucks and let us rebuild with two new guys to start again. We now have Hiku, Clint and Tom T to play fullback and that extra money will buy a gun prop and backrower.

Watching Des at the Dogs he doesn't fit well and maybe Foran, Brett and Choc at Parra need to think about this and stop this stuff that the younger players (our long term future) Tom T, Jake T, Sao, Clint, Jorge, Liam Knight are watching as being okay to do at the club.

Fergie had a knack of sensing when a players time is up.

The secret to United's success under his watch is that he insisted that no player no matter whom was bigger than the club.

We have seen over the last few months open dissent from a section of the team who remain upset with the club because the club is having to manage a salary cap that has forced the club into a corner.

If Manly are to have any chance this season the back biting has to cease immediately.

I do not fear guys like Choc, Skivvy or even Brett moving on.

I watched our Holden cup team turn over Parra yesterday and the future stars that are in that team will serve us well in the future.

We MUST keep our young talent.

If anyone knows about this stuff it'd be Alex Ferguson.
I can't recall Brett talking to the media - but his degree of being unsettled was on display last night with his screaming at the ref. I've never seen that before from Mr Cool Calm and Collected, so something is up.
But as for Foran and Watmough (in particular), I must agree. It is more vital than anything that Tooves absolute authority must be assured.

Sheridan the success of the club for so long has been the boys seemingly playing for each other. To cop crap from Souffs and Parra fans about our arguing all the time is painful. These loser clubs are turning around and we seem to be whinging all the time. Tooves, Perry and Penn, make the hard calls because if this sniping continues where will we be in 2015-2016?

Nothing actually to do with win or loss last night. The team is full of talent and should be near the top. Mates reckon we have the best squad so we are lucky in that regard.

Fergie never let 4 (including Gift) gun players leave at the same time. It was always 1 player at a time, and the most important thing was he replaced them with a gun player.
So for it to work if you let someone leave you must replace them. If you don't a massive slide will be a given.

Vautin said once in his biography, the old guys want to whinge and complain but being a young guy all I wanted to do was play footy. Maybe more of this? Never heard from Kite, Jamie, Joe, Kingy etc. Foran is a bit bigger than he thinks. He is no Lockyer or Inglis.

the mauler said:
Fergie never let 4 (including Gift) gun players leave at the same time. It was always 1 player at a time, and the most important thing was he replaced them with a gun player.
So for it to work if you let someone leave you must replace them. If you don't a massive slide will be a given.

At the end of the 94/95 season Fergie let go 3 of the best players in his team, United had finished that season without a trophy and he let go players who were dissenting and wanting out.

Fergie also believed in the power of youth and the next season invested in young players who went on to be super stars, United won the double the next season and never looked back.

Manly have to keep their young players. The club has evolved and players have come and gone.

Our culture will survive and be as strong as ever.

There is a famous comment from Alen Hansen (Liverpool) that you never win anything with kids. Fergie shocked the world letting 3 disgruntled superstars Mark Hughes, Andre K and Ince leave and he was mocked. It never stopped them and actually brought in fresh young kids who wanted to show the world. Ince was like Foran, calling himself the guvernor. Ince never reached the success again.

Kiwi, Fergie brought in 5 young guys and rocked the world. Smart recruiting (Warwick) is adding to this. Club first, players second.

Sheridan, I was typing what you were thinking at the same time!!

sheridanstand78 said:
the mauler said:

At the end of the 94/95 season Fergie let go 3 of the best players in his team, United had finished that season without a trophy and he let go players who were dissenting and wanting out.

Fergie also believed in the power of youth and the next season invested in young players who went on to be super stars, United won the double the next season and never looked back.

Manly have to keep their young players. The club has evolved and players have come and gone.

Our culture will survive and be as strong as ever.

Do you remember who the 3 players were??

Yeah I do remember the players who left United that season.

Mark Hughes who was a legend at the club
Paul Ince who at the time was Uniteds best midfielder
Andrei Kanchelskis who was an attacking winger for the team.

The United fans loved these players and at the time there was great angst that they were moved on.

Fergie got it right and United kept on being very strong for years to come.

Look, Foran etc would be a massive loss but Fergie had seen other clubs allow player power to prevail and obviously it was never good. I imagine Tom and Jake are hanging to play 1st grade for their local team and their mates would be excited as well. We need them around Jamie,Kingy etc who I imagine would be amazing role models. We do miss Kite and Joe in this regard.

Darren said:
His words, once a player starts talking to the media and causing unrest, or ends up disrespecting the coach, staff or thinks he is bigger than the club than they must go. The player is never bigger than the club. Fergie did this with Beckham, Roy Keane, Paul Ince, absolute superstars and the team moved on and kept winning.

I have sat and watched this stuff most of this season from Brett, Choc and Foran and they are weakening the role of Tooves, his great staff and the club. Foran's issues with Tooves is sad and he needs to be pulled into line. Foran is a great player but there are loads of them. Brett and Choc have been there so long but that doesn't justify disharmony and not following the club line. [/align]

Let Brett and Choc go. This will save one million bucks and let us rebuild with two new guys to start again. We now have Hiku, Clint and Tom T to play fullback and that extra money will buy a gun prop and backrower.

Watching Des at the Dogs he doesn't fit well and maybe Foran, Brett and Choc at Parra need to think about this and stop this stuff that the younger players (our long term future) Tom T, Jake T, Sao, Clint, Jorge, Liam Knight are watching as being okay to do at the club.

Can't argue with any of that. I am sure a few experts on here, who have achieved much more than Alex Ferguson, will lay the boot in. These old whiners are at the end of their career. It is all about them at this stage and I feel sorry for Tooves actually. He doesn't need these petulant 30 year olds holding 'clear the air meetings'. They need to know their place!

Old plonk nose was happy to let those guys go because he new he has the talent to replace them. It like us not trying to keep Hodkinson because we had DCE or John Jones because we had Beaver. Whilst you can't let the inmates run the asylum is a lot easier for a big club that doesn't have to worry about a salary cap or whether the player they want is under contract for the next 3 years.

sheridanstand78 said:
Yeah I do remember the players who left United that season.

Mark Hughes who was a legend at the club
Paul Ince who at the time was Uniteds best midfielder
Andrei Kanchelskis who was an attacking winger for the team.

The United fans loved these players and at the time there was great angst that they were moved on.

Fergie got it right and United kept on being very strong for years to come.

LOL! Mauler owned!

sheridanstand78 said:

Er, small difference here. We are on the other hand are still very well-placed, in fact by my count we are leading the comp.

Foz is on the Sunday footy show this week. Will be interested to see how "outspoken" he is. I actually think this kid is quite loyal and will stick around!
Last night Snake tried his heart out!

Slothfield is going to love this thread , I can almost read it now " Manly fans have had enough!" ( will be the heading ).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7