1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-sign Choc now.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DUFFMAN, May 17, 2007.

1. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5
    We need to re-sign watmough asap as peter doust has confirmed they have contacted his manager to try and get him over to st george next season

2. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    didnt realise he is off contract

i guess now thanks to the extra 240K thats landed in our lap, plus what ever was already budgetted for Choc already should ensure that guys like Choc and Travis will stay with the club,

i wouldnt lose much sleep over it

3. toovs

toovs Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    should never been off contract club need to pull there finger out of there ass

4. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Unfortunately this is the predicament that we face because of wasting $480,000 over the last two years. He would have had an extension to his contract last year if that weren't the case.

However it begs the question as to what money we were going to sign Gallen or O'Donnell with doesn't it?

5. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    The back office staff seem to be ****e. They publicly chase LOD and others while seemingly ignoring the talent in the backyard. Choc is an eagle, and must stay an eagle and should be recognized and rewarded accordingly.

6. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    And Travis as well.

7. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Reading the article it seems to me that our talsk with choc are a fair way down the track - I am not too worried (at this stage)

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    to me Choc has been built to be a one club man. I think he will stay even for a bit less money. He had Menzies and Kennedy to tutor him so can only see him playing for us with pride passion and a little less cash, lets hope judas didnt rub off on him

9. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Choc wont leave, not worried at all.

10. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    It still begs the question as to why the club has left it to a point where Choc is receiving genuine rival offers.

11. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I just can't see him playing anywhere else. Better re-sign him soon just to make sure.

12. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    You can receive offers at any stage of your contract now the anti tampering deadline was scrapped last year.

It could be a number of factors, Choc might not have wanted to re-sign last year as he was down on form and knew he could command as much money as he is worth etc.

I would be more concerned with Kite leaving.

13. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    All current players and potentials aswell, should understand that they are on the prime beef train to the promised land and right on track to win a premiership.

The quality on the plate means if there is a little less in the gravy jug then so what. Just being on board this train is worth a bit less gravy.

14. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Public Transport doesn't sound so bad now.

15. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    oohoohoohoh ... gravy

16. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Teams would be crazy to make offers to early on in case of injury ect. If we had have stitched him up when the club was doing its last round of contract upgrades then he would never have thought twice about another club.

However I doubt he will go. He has expressed his interest in staying Manly for life and he seems like a loyal character to me.

17. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    So if clubs are crazy to make offers early due to injury etc then wouldnt we have been crazy to stitch him up long term when he still had another 1 to 2 years on his contract?

18. mellonhead

mellonhead Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Grant Mayer told me Kite had already signed for the next 3 years and that was in front of Kite, as I had asked him Kite if he was fielding offers from elsewhere ???? That was 3 weeks ago.

19. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Thats awesome

20. mellonhead

mellonhead Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But doesn't explain why the article said he was off contract this year?