1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re:Lyon back to 5/8

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by chrisos, Jul 3, 2009.

1. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    imo it sounds good in a way,but the thing that worries me is that i havent seen enough of farrar to see it justifiable to make the change,i mean Lyon is a centre and has a good knack of getting outside his man and is a very solid defending centre,so to tinker with this combo change could be pretty detrimental at this point in the season,if lyon does go to 5/8 and farrar to centre i hope im proven wrong but i just hope des can make the right decision,imo i think it would be better to play Foran at 5/8 tbh,anyway i hope i explained my thouhgts clearly enough,now-your thoughts?

2. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Lyon stays were his is. Bailey is doing well now and Foran will be there next year, so no point moving Lyon

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Decent centres are a dine a dozen. They help win games but you can throw just about anyone there to do the job. Good 5/8's are hard to come by. At the start of lady year I didn't think Lyon was good in 5/8 but by the end it was clear to all he is a top class 5/8. Better than bailey it's worth trying him there, though I would prefer Lyon defending against either of the Morris brothers

4. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Good to see your writing like a good old, unedumicated qld country geezer Dan.

5. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    need i remind you of all those decent centres we has 4 years ago

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Good to see your writing like a good old, unedumicated qld country geezer Dan.
    [/quote]

Once again the iphone takes its toll