RD3 MANLY NSW CUP V WESTS TIGERS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=70235&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-three

Wests Tigers Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Leichhardt Oval, Saturday, March 23
Kick-off: 1.10pm
Referee: Lawrence McDonell
Broadcast: LIVE on Fox Sports 1

1. Peta Hiku
2. Dom Nasso
3. Ben Farrar (c)
4. Esi Tonga
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Jason Seage
7. Dane Chisholm
8. James Cunningham
9. Kayne Lawton
10. George Rose
11. Michael Chee Kam
12. Jesse Sene-Lefao
13. Nick Skinner

14. Liam Higgins
15. James Hasson
16. Justin Lemalu
17. Ligi Sao

COACH: Luke Williamson

Here is the Wests Tigers team. They don't boast as much NRL experience as Mounties had (Buttriss, Ferguson et al) but Tedesco, Brien, Simona, Sean Meaney and Josh Davis have tasted NRL.

1. James Tedesco
2. Taqele Naiyaravoro
3. Tim Simona
4. Rory Brien
5. Asipeli Fine
6. Sean Meaney (C)
7. Jack Madden
8. Michael Bullock
9. Joel Luani
10. Sean Spence
11. Jarrod Farlow
12. Josh Davis
13. David Harris

14. Seffa Silafau
15. Sitaleki Akauolo
17. Jy Hitchcox
19. Inno Inososio
23. Adrian Haangana

COACH: Paul Fletcher

NSWRL are predicting the Tigers by 10 but I think the boys will hit back after the disappointing effort against Mounties last week. I have heard there may be a few changes to our side. Hiku will travel to the Gold Coast as cover for Stewart so Dom Nasso may play FB. Dean McGlinchy will play wing in place of Nasso and I think he should give us more thrust than Chapman did last week. Not to mention the size!

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=70310&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-three

VB NSW CUP PREVIEW - ROUND THREE
Jamie Anderson
21/03/2013 3:00:00 PM

Wests Tigers Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Leichhardt Oval, Saturday, March 23
Kick-off: 1.10pm
Referee: Lawrence McDonell
Broadcast: LIVE on Fox Sports 1

Summary: The Wests Tigers are still chasing their first win as a merged entity and will be desperate to register it here at home against a Manly side that has made a mixed start to their 2013 campaign. The Sea Eagles had a good win first up against the Vulcans, who then franked that form by knocking off Newtown last weekend, however they put in a far less impressive display against Mounties last round. The Tigers have shown some signs that a win is just around the corner, however having conceded 80 points in their first two outings, it is not surprising that they are yet to break their maiden status. Big Ava Seumanufagai has been rewarded with some good early season form up front with an NRL debut this weekend, and as a result his spot in the run on side will be taken by Sean Spence. The Tigers may also be missing Sauaso Sue who has been named on an extended NRL bench, but are otherwise largely unchanged from the team that went down to Windsor by two points last week. Luke Williamson has kept the faith so to speak, naming an unchanged line up for the Sea Eagles despite their 30 point loss to Mounties last week. An entertaining affair is on the cards here and well worth the trip out to Leichhardt Oval.

Talking Point: Deee Fence – We would be shocked if both the Tigers and Sea Eagles had not spent some time hitting the tackling bags at training this week having conceded 44 and 40 points respectively last weekend. Clearly numbers like these won’t yield many wins for either side and it is unlikely that with such a heavy focus on defence this weekend, that we will see a repeat of last weekend’s efforts here.

Prediction: If the Tigers can arrest their defensive deficiencies from the first few rounds, they should have enough attack in them to claim the two points. Tigers by 10.

Just a reminder that this game is Broadcast: LIVE on Fox Sports 1 today at 1.10 pm.

Here is a nice piece on Dane Chisholm from the Manly website.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Dane-ready-to-forge-Chisholm-dynasty/70640

Dane ready to forge Chisholm dynasty
John Chammas
Saturday 23 March 2013 7:23 AM

Whether good or bad, an NRL debut for a new club is an important moment for any rugby league player.

But for NSW Cup halfback Dane Chisholm, there will be something even more special riding on that moment.

Dane, the son of the late Rick Chisholm, a former Manly halfback, re-signed with the Sea Eagles this season in a bid to follow in his father’s footsteps and wear the number seven for the famous club.

As good as it all sounds, Chisholm is keeping a level head despite being just one step away from the NRL.

The spritely halfback has been eyeing a return to the top grade ever since making a single NRL appearance for the Storm in 2011.

At Melbourne he sat behind Cooper Cronk. At the Sea Eagles he’s next in line to Daly Cherry-Evans, so he’s learned a little about patience.

He’s happy to soak up what he can from his squad mates, as well as two legendary halfbacks in Geoff Toovey and Andrew Johns, while being ready to jump on the opportunity when it comes.

“That’s the ultimate goal (playing NRL). But you’ve got to be playing pretty consistent in NSW Cup if you’re going to get a look in at that first grade team.

“So I’m focusing on this NSW season first,” Chisholm said.

His love for the Sea Eagles is undoubtedly the reason he returned to the northern beaches. Having been born and raised in Manly, Chisholm is delighted he’s back at home.

“I had a chance to come here when I was younger and decided to follow opportunities at Melbourne.

“But I’m stoked that Manly have given me another opportunity to come back here and I’m going to try and make the most of it,” Chisholm said.

With a host of new signings boosting the Sea Eagle’s NSW Cup side, Chisholm isn’t the only player out to make an impression and that can only benefit a budding halfback.

With an energised and ambitious team at his back, he’s primed for a big season and he’s got the experience to do it.

Chisholm took the Tigers to the grand final last year, only to fall short 18-22 against the Newtown Jets.

This week he faces his former side at Leichhardt Oval. But he’s not concerned about fronting the passionate Wests fans, he’s excited about the prospect of lining up his former teammates.

“I can’t wait. I’ve got a lot of my real good mates playing for that team and it’s always good to play against the boys.

“It definitely makes you want to play even better.”

With the traditional Fibros v Silvertails clash to be televised on Fox Sports 1 there’s even more reason to step up and perform on the big stage.

Catch the NSW Cup Live on Fox Sports 1 from 1.10pm to kick off a Super Saturday of Sea Eagles footy.

Tigers have a boy named Sue!
Need another try before oranges.

And there we go! West 18 Manly 12 half time.

Only watch about half the game but Big George looked off the pace. Hasson and Soggy Sao made an impression when they came on. Looks like Hiku & Farrar I think has and a few others have gone up to the Gold Coast

I don't think many are upto nrl standard just yet. need a year in this comp like chezza got. willow needs to be dropped as coach.

Very average looking side. A couple of individuals showed glimpses of promise, but not much really.

Yeah it's not too worrying. I think a few of them would actually go better in the NRL just by playing around quality players and good structure.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2