Rd1 Barrett vs Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I also think 2016 could be Des' final year coaching the dogs. Unless he gets them to a GF qualifier or better.

The board out there would be getting pretty impatient by now. He was supposed to deliver them two premierships by the end of 2016. I am not suggesting he hasn't done well in his time there however they invested a lot in his structure and methods and that came with big expectations.

The bulldogs still have a good forward pack, especially their starting props in tolman and graham. Will be a real test for jake and myles or whoever starts.

If he comes back it will be in a bozo type role i.e. Football/recruitment consultant

Yep Des Made his bed now he can lie in it. He ended up in the right place. And like they say you sleep with a dog long enough you will catch it's flee's

Should be a great game.
Trex is off contract so I expect a big year from him. I would assume Hasler is under massive pressure considering the dogs goal was 2 premierships by 2020.

The bulldogs still have a good forward pack, especially their starting props in tolman and graham. Will be a real test for jake and myles or whoever starts.
Blue and white supporters believe after the black Friday game against Souths - and added with his captaincy role, Graham has lost some of his agro and not playing his natural game. I believe Jake will continue to surprise everyone in NRL.

Am half wanting it to be a wet game to see how our pack goes in a grinding game. Interested to see how Taupau gets used as well, 1st and last twenty like Taumalolo?

Go the Eagles.

Am half wanting it to be a wet game to see how our pack goes in a grinding game. Interested to see how Taupau gets used as well, 1st and last twenty like Taumalolo?

Go the Eagles.
I reckon Taupau should be used in the last 20 of each half to take advantage of the tiring boppers. We have enough manpower upfront to match Des's cattle, which then makes way for an explosive Marty to come in and do some damage.

I'll standby that we should win this game, but there is an element of danger. Too much noise regarding our new look team, while Hasler/Dogs doing the 'under the radar' thing.

Someone really needs to stay on Curtis Rona - that guy just needs a little space and he'll make you pay.

However, I have faith in the Turbo boys, and I reckon they'll make the difference.

So good to have Tom Turbo out on the wing, as I reckon we've been missing some necessary speed at the back.

images (3).jpg

Last edited:
Have to agree with your last sentence there Alby. Outside of Snake, in recent years we have been slow in the backs.

Snake has been our fastest player for years. He's lost a bit of pace though through injury and age. Still quick over 30-40 metres and is quick between the ears.

Jorge and Peta would have had to be the slowest wing pair in the NRL. And when Cheyse Blair played he didn't add much pace. Jorge is more a power runner though while Tommy at least gives us plenty of pace out wide. I'd say Tommy is our quickest player these days.

Killer on his day can be quick, but it depends on injury and fitness. Skivy runs hard, but could never be accused of being a speedster. Like Snake, experience has made them quick between the ears.

Dylan Walker is fairly quick so should add some pace to the halves, while I would say that DCE is up there among the quickest halfbacks in the NRL right now.

Would extra pace in our backs last year have made the difference in making the finals. Our slow plodding backs was not the reason.

Didn't our slow plodding backs make up for the lack of go forward and the easy metres we gave up in defense?

Would extra pace in our backs last year have made the difference in making the finals. Our slow plodding backs was not the reason.

Didn't our slow plodding backs make up for the lack of go forward and the easy metres we gave up in defense?
Extra pace or lack of, wasn't why we didn't make the finals obviously, but always handy to have.

That last try in our final game against sharks was a combo of Horo making a nice strong break and the fast flying Tommy Turbo in support and finishing.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2