Rd 2 the real premiers vs the pre season premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Big George has a way of dragging in mquick nimble attackers. It's just that he can't turn and chase all day.
If Matai is out let the rookie Jorge play

Can't see why Kite would be left out. He was one of our best on Sunday. The Sharks pack, who are strong like us, were all over the Tigers. The Sharks lost only because they failed to hang onto the ball and a poor first half from Carney.

I dont think any of the forwards that played against the warriors should be dropped, if anything maybe Robinson. No need to call in the youth brigade yet, i thought our forwards played well on sunday !

Definitely wouldn't drop Kite - I am actually a huge fan of his even though he has many knockers - he seems to make the quality charges when they are needed but I think when fit Joe goes harder and lands on his belly for a quick play the ball whereas Kite and King tend to turn back to the support players as their first instict - which is better in the latter stages of the half.

And King's off-loads have been ordinary lately.

I think Mauro and Rose will be playing off for the bench spot this year although I would like to see Harrison get a bit more of a go - he seemed really busy with clean up work etc. which allows blokes like George to do what they do - play George and Harrison equal to a safe Mauro I think.

Meant to add that Buhrer is wasted doing clean up work - we need a Luke Williamson type player like Shane Rodney was last year if T Rex is going to play big minutes on the fringes - it diminishes Watmough's attack when he has to do all the clean up work.

Still think we have an awsome squad this year and a lot of possibilities to cover injuries etc - but balance of the best 17 may need some tweaking throughout the season.

Top End Eagle said:
Does any one know what is actually wrong with Joe G?

http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/nrl-manly-warringah-sea-eagles-injury-list.php

That website says that he has an estimated return of round 2 but as manlyforever08 has already stated, he said to some fans over the weekend that it was getting worse, not better.

DSM5 said:
Sure Bob, last year I thought we looked the goods in the first game loss to the Storm. The Rorters win confirmed my thoughts. Yesterdays win was an emphatic call to the Toovs doubters and dispelled any thoughts of complacency in the team. It would have been understandable if we had of lost the game, especially in the last ten minutes, but we didn't. Not only because of the Warriors mistakes, but also to the determination to get to the ball and hang onto it. On the Tigers? From looking at them on the replay, they are still a one-man-band, with a few outside backs who are capable. They do not look like a happy unit. Hold the line and they go nowhere.

Gotta agree with you.

The Tigers are a one man band and if he gets hurt they wont make the 8. Manly are lucky that way, we have plenty of strings in our bow. And yes the Benji & Beau war vs Robbie rages on from what I hear.

Yesterday performance (not the win) was indeed emphatic. The fact we won was enormous, I doubt the Warriors will lose 2 home games all season.

Must admit I never thought we were premiership material last year until around July/August. I doubted our front rowers and was concerned about our halves. Just when I started to believe in us King and Wolf get hurt, Hoppa announces he was going and the suspensions vs Storm should of ended our season.

This is no ordinary playing group we have.

Our biggest threat in 2012 is players announcing mid season they are heading off to other teams.

If we can beat the tigers we will have 10 day break till we play the sharks in rd 3
So a win will give us a great boost for that game

01. Stewart
02. Oldfield
03. Whare ? In doubt
04. Lyon
05. Williams
06. Riccadi
07. DCE
08. King
09. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Harrison
12. Willaims (TREX)
13. Watmough

14. Buhrer
15. Lussick
16. Mauro
17. Robinsom
18.Rose

From what Joe was saying in Auckland on the weekend, we won't be seeing him anytime soon. I asked him if this injury was threatening his career and he couldn't give me a yes or a no answer. He just doesn't know when, or even if it will come good again.

01. Stewart
02. Oldfield
03. Tafua
04. Lyon
05. Williams
06. Brurhere
07. DCE
08. King
09. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Harrison
12. Willaims (TREX)
13. Watmough

15. Lussick
16. Mauro
17. Robinsom
18.Rose

Maybe Big G isn't cutting it with Toovs. I wonder how he is on the training paddock. A bit lazy perhaps. Toovs likes his players to give their all, even on the training ground.

The games delayed 3 hours in qld. So I thought I'd go fishing while I wait. Can someone email me a "river" for while I'm waiting

01. Stewart
02. Oldfield
03. Tafua/Lodge
04. Lyon
05. Williams
06. L.Foran
07. DCE
08. King
09. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Willaims (TREX)
13. Bhurer

15. Lussick
16. Mauro
17. Harrison
14. Rose

#NRL Rd 2 Hd x hds now open. Big match Friday #nrlmanwst Manly $2.25 v Westrs Tigers $1.65 see all of them here http://t.co/LUBzFFSL

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6