1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rd 2 the real premiers vs the pre season premiers

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Cameron, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

+662 / 35
    Im thinking
    1 snake
    2 wolf
    3 Lyon
    4 Jamie b
    5 oldfield
    6 kiz
    7 Dce
    8 king
    9 ballin
    10 kite
    12 trex
    13 gift

14 mauro
    15 lussick
    16 Robinson
    17 rose???
  2. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+4,337 / 125
    I think we should have a back on the bench instead of Rose.

Any suggestions???

Hey Cambo,

I am eagerly awaiting your post in the Piss Off Des thread. I know it will give me laugh.

Hop to it.
  3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+516 / 0
    The Tigers are fast and play a unstructured game. Rose is too slow (and possibly stupid) in the defensive line. If Toovs is to play four forwards on the bench then Harrison should come into consideration. I'd play Whare instead of Buhrer in the centres, then he goes back to the bench, or replaces Gift, depending on his injured hand..Anyway, hopefully the club will have buses running.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

Old Bar, NSW
    +1,210 / 21
    Yeah i can't see Rose coming back to play the most nimble team in the comp this weekend. That's probably the team i'd pick Cambo.
  5. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    +454 / 11
    Might be Taufua's chance to debut in the centres. He was on standby for Matai against the Warriors.
  6. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

+662 / 35
    I was thinking Harrison but don't recall seeing him in nsw cup line up.

I like Bruher defensively that why I thought he would be good covering matai
  7. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

+480 / 0
    Hoping for CUNNINGHAM to get a run if their still dropping Georgey
  8. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

+247 / 0
    If both teams perform like they did yesterday its Manly by plenty. The Tigers seemed to just be in 2nd gear almost waiting for the big clash against the Seaeagles.
    The danger area is def the centres - Ayshford & Lawrence so Buhrer could well play there.
    Gift in doubt & Matai is too important to risk, prefer him to mend this before it turns into an 8 week sideline job. Whare does not give me mass confidence in defence & dont know too much about Taufua, but Buhrer apart from getting trampled on 1 occassion by Hurrell looked solid yesterday.
  9. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

+878 / 21
    Look i know the tigers are the bookies favorites but they have got nothing.I actually see them going backwards. IMO , Benji is the most immature adult ive ever seen and his footy reflects that. I think his punitive size, freakish talents and smug attitude was all cute and rosy as he grew up and as a result has never had to really put in, and it shows

When he kicked the field goal yesterday his celebrations were over the top, and the little finger wave was more about the opposition that his own team. And its that kind of attitude that holds him back

On the other side you have robbie Mr serious farrah. Its only a matter of time that Farrah who obviously wants to turn the talk into trophies gets all to honest with Benji. I see a massive fall out there in the coming years

For the tigers to do well, marshall has to get a 20 week injury, Moltzen has to stand up and lead the team, they need to find another no 6, and benji needs to learn his team is better off without him

If that happened and he returned in round 25 he could really help them in the finals, but until them the tigers have no chance. I doubt he could go more than a month without returning to his old ways
  10. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

+494 / 0
    Pardon the cliche but season defining game already!
    Remeber the travelling that we've done in the last fortnight and now the injuries.The space between games Auckland Sunday, Gosford Friday (poor timing NRL).

If we go one to win this put a line through the Tigers for 2012
  11. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

+976 / 0
    I don't know if Big George would be any worse a defender against Benji than Kingy and Mauro. They had concrete boots on a few occasions yesterday. I like George off the bench, if he's at his best he is a great ball carrier and bending the line back and quick play the balls helps make our halves dangerous. I actually think Mauro looked the most sluggish out of our forwards yesterday and wouldn't surprise me if he's left out.
  12. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+1,640 / 25
    Can't wait for the Gift v Blair rematch. There's already tension between the 2 teams and add Blair to that, it's going to be on!!
  13. bob dylan

+4,337 / 125
    I rule no one in or out until after origin. March form means nothing at all come September and October.
  14. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    +211 / 4
    Agree with this...in defence they are probably on par with each other. With the ball I think George makes more metres and has an offload. Vic just tucks it under the arm and is usually quite flat in attack as the commentators mentioned a few times yesterday.
  15. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

+494 / 0
    I knew we were in it up to our eyeballs when we played the roosters last year.
    You may not win premierships in march but the attitude you have in early games sets the tone for the rest of the season.
  16. bob dylan

+4,337 / 125
    I actually believe a team could lose its first 8-10 games and still win the comp.

Parramatta in 2009 was a good example only winning 3 of the first 11 matches.

The ludicrous finals system that allows half the competition to play in the finals all but discounts early season form.
  17. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+516 / 0
    Sure Bob, last year I thought we looked the goods in the first game loss to the Storm. The Rorters win confirmed my thoughts. Yesterdays win was an emphatic call to the Toovs doubters and dispelled any thoughts of complacency in the team. It would have been understandable if we had of lost the game, especially in the last ten minutes, but we didn't. Not only because of the Warriors mistakes, but also to the determination to get to the ball and hang onto it. On the Tigers? From looking at them on the replay, they are still a one-man-band, with a few outside backs who are capable. They do not look like a happy unit. Hold the line and they go nowhere.
  18. bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

+240 / 8
    01. Stewart
    02. Oldfield
    03. Whare
    04. Lyon
    05. Williams (Wolf)
    06. Foran
    07. DCE
    08. King
    09. Ballin
    10. Kite
    11. Watmough
    12. Willaims (TREX)
    13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
    15. Lussick
    16. Mauro
    17. Robinsom
    18. Galuvou (when does nood make his return) ?

In my opinion i think The tigers will go lateral all day looking to expose our centres, whilst doing that they wont play direct which will give us an opportunity for our forwards to be dominant !
  19. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

+934 / 40
    Does any one know what is actually wrong with Joe G?

I was under the impression that he and Rose were both re-signed last year as well as tying up King and Kite so if neither Joe or George are playing first grade that's a fair chunk of salary cap not even on the bench.

Personally I would start Joe ahead of Kite - it might fire the big man (Kite) up a bit.

King looks frustrated all the time - pushing nothing offloads and giving away silly penalties.

I think Gorgeous George would be a sensation in England!
  20. Eaglette Fan

Eaglette Fan Active Member

+55 / 1
    I recall Round 2 last year against the Roosters. We had many injuries and suspensions. We sent out lots of youngsters in that game. Their enthusiasm, led by Foz, was infectious, and we had a great win. So again give the younger brigade the opportunity to impress when we might have quite a few injuries.