Rd 15 & 16 schedule (OMFG ARE THEY SERIOUS)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NRL have changed games in the past and cant see why they just cant switch Manly v Storm & Tigers v Chooks games around

What a ****ing joke!!!!!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
NRL have changed games in the past and cant see why they just cant switch Manly v Storm & Tigers v Chooks games around

Fox will want the Manly game.

Hard to understand last weeks story that ch 9 didnt want the game switched to perth

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Napper said:
What a f**king joke!!!!!

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Fox will want the Manly game.

2pm sunday then

I think they get better tv ratings on a monday night. Lose lose situation for the fans...again.

Glad its not in Perth.

Feel for all of you out of the Peninsular though.:(

Channel 9 must be trying to blackout the showing of the hiding that the Storm will get at Brookie :p

**** it off to perth then.

The whole point was that we had a chance to pack the ground and that has been ruined.

Why is everybody not involved with Manly (and many who are) complete fu**wits? If this was the plan, the cunce should've made us aware of it rather than having us all whinge to get it back, only to take the whole point of it away.

It's a shame, but simple really how we got to this situation.

Ch 9 went for the higher overall rating games for Friday, as stated previously, and unfortunately us and Melb are not the highest rating on FTA.

However, we are very high rating on Fox, and Fox wants Monday night to be their best game.

Considering the above points it's a no brainer how it came to this, but it's also a no brainer that things need to be fixed for the future.

Also, Melbourne and Manly will have players in State Of Origin the Wednesday before. I think this might be a blessing in disguise. The issue is putting Manly vs Melbourne in the round after a state of origin game. Not smart really.

Brookie4eva said:
It's a shame, but simple really how we got to this situation.

Ch 9 went for the higher overall rating games for Friday, as stated previously, and unfortunately us and Melb are not the highest rating on FTA.

However, we are very high rating on Fox, and Fox wants Monday night to be their best game.

Considering the above points it's a no brainer how it came to this, but it's also a no brainer that things need to be fixed for the future.

Actually that's not true. Last season this game was the 3rd highest rated game nationally all season. And our game against Souths was the 5th. So yes, we do rate. And Melb rate highly in Brisbane due to the Qld big 3. The Melb/Dragons game was the most watched game last year.

Channel 9 have no idea. By not picking this game they also then can't show the Melb/Dogs game in round 16 on the Friday night. Whoever picks the games obviously can't look forward to the following round as well to have some forward planning. But hey, we should be used to this.

I hate Monday nights but it is nice to see that we are playing them the week after the end of a hugely tiring origin series.Cant see us having anyone in the blues side except Gift with Choc and TREX being a chance.If Rex is fit he will play.Not sure about choc-he is playing great but is in tight this year .With blokes like Rex,Lewis,Gallen,Stewart and Simms right in the hunt he may miss.I think Qld will run with Gillette and not DCE.They will have the big 3 plus Neilsen and ONeill being good chances,maybe Hinchcliffe backing up.We will get them at Brookie if we have all our players on deck.

Normie said:
FFS! So much for coming up from Canberra for that game..... Had it marked down as a must see game!

Yeah I was hoping to as well. Getting killed with all these MNF games.

stoodamire said:
I'm going to be the devil's advocate here.

Cowboys and Broncos will be huge for the viewers up in QLD.

Dogs and Dragons are 2 of the most supported teams in the NRL and will get plenty of viewers in Syd.

I agree.. I was going to post this too.. I reckon it's a simple as this..

It sucks massively cause I wont be able to see it but its all about ratings and $$$..

stoodamire said:

Dogs and Dragons are 2 of the most supported teams in the NRL and will get plenty of viewers in Syd.

Lets get our "Maroon and White Goggles" off for a minute (and don't worry I have not gone to the "dark side") but Stoodamire is spot on here. Think of this as NOT the NRL, NOT Gallop, NOT some Queensland conspiracy (and yes I am from NSW not QLD)...this is purely about TV and ratings.

Chan 9 are in the war of their lives with Chan 7, and ratings mean HUGE advertising dollars....potentially millions.....so the TV guru's sit down and work out what will rate best.

Bronco's by a country mile here in Brisbane.
Dragons and Dogs rate extremely well in Sydney

Manly rate poorly...and Melbourne would rate almost zero.

Chan 9 would automatically pick those two games for Sydney and Fox would be absolutely rubbing their hands together to get Eagles-Storm for their first pick, thus Monday night.

We must never forget that (at this point) the TV Channels fund the game and thus run the schedule.

Mark from Brisbane said:
stoodamire said:

Lets get our "Maroon and White Goggles" off for a minute (and don't worry I have not gone to the "dark side") but Stoodamire is spot on here. Think of this as NOT the NRL, NOT Gallop, NOT some Queensland conspiracy (and yes I am from NSW not QLD)...this is purely about TV and ratings.

Chan 9 are in the war of their lives with Chan 7, and ratings mean HUGE advertising dollars....potentially millions.....so the TV guru's sit down and work out what will rate best.

Chan 9 would automatically pick those two games for Sydney and Fox would be absolutely rubbing their hands together to get Eagles-Storm for their first pick, thus Monday night.

We must never forget that (at this point) the TV Channels fund the game and thus run the schedule.

It's just ashame that this scheduling has prevented a couple of thousand people from seeing this game live, myself I will have to do some serious juggling for work

Berkeley_Eagle said:

It's just ashame that this scheduling has prevented a couple of thousand people from seeing this game live, myself I will have to do some serious juggling for work

Agree 100% BE but unfortunately it's all just about dollars and cents these days isn't it...

Mark from Brisbane said:
stoodamire said:

Disagree mark
As Mmmdl said above
Actually that's not true. Last season this game was the 3rd highest rated game nationally all season. And our game against Souths was the 5th. So yes, we do rate. And Melb rate highly in Brisbane due to the Qld big 3. The Melb/Dragons game was the most watched game last year.

I reckon this game will be a bonus for Manly, because we will still get a decent crowd because we all love to see cheats thrashed.

Might even get myself down there for this one. Off to check the finances.

Channel 9 are an absolute disgrace and the sooner they lose the tv rights the better!!

How do The Roosters get another Ch9 Sunday afternoon game?
Wests Tigers Vs Roosters - 2 teams that aren't travelling that well??

I can understand the Friday night games picked up by Ch9, but the Sunday game???

Gyngell has exerted his influence again with this being a case in point why Ch9 can't be trusted to do the right thing by rugby league.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2