Rd 13 vs Dogs - Interesting Observation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
Just watched the highlights of our 32-10 win at Brookvale in Rd 13.

The Dogs scored two(2) tries and yes you guessed it ! one was through a bomb directed to Tafua and the other a backline sweep move when Hiku came off his wing (again) and they created the overlap.

This is how all sides are targeting us now and blind freddy will tell you it will happen again on Saturday and if we don't bite the bullet and make some changes to personnel and defensive structures we will get slaughtered once again.

Unfortunately 2V has a very conservative approach and wont drop any players therefore here's hoping that either we get lucky or the Dogs are off there game !

Give Blair and Gutherson a go ! Nothing to lose

The players selected over the past six weeks have not got the job done. They have been given plenty of chances, and there is a lot to be said for remaining loyal to players. However. Last Friday's was the worst performance for many years. We must try some new players.
It will be very interesting to see if 2V has the courage to change things up.

Tommy was just on Fox saying - "I said to the other blokes that we slog through pre-season and 26 rounds just to get into the Finals. Now if you can't lift for the Finals, when will you lift?' :angel:

delz said:

The Dogs scored two(2) tries and yes you guessed it ! one was through a bomb directed to Tafua and the other a backline sweep move when Hiku came off his wing (again) and they created the overlap.

This is how all sides are targeting us now and blind freddy will tell you it will happen again on Saturday and if we don't bite the bullet and make some changes to personnel and defensive structures we will get slaughtered once again.

Unfortunately 2V has a very conservative approach and wont drop any players therefore here's hoping that either we get lucky or the Dogs are off there game !

I agree with you. He won't take risks and I think if he plays with the same team and doesn't bring up some youngsters off the bench to freshen up the side we will lose and Toovey might end up being put under pressure as coach as he didn't get there last time either.

Harry said:
delz said:

I agree with you. He won't take risks and I think if he plays with the same team and doesn't bring up some youngsters off the bench to freshen up the side we will lose and Toovey might end up being put under pressure as coach as he didn't get there last time either.

Wat.jpeg

cherry_poppins said:
Harry said:
delz said:

Wat.jpeg

Man you've really let yourself GO there CP. ;)

Clint said:
cherry_poppins said:
Harry said:
delz said:

Wat.jpeg

Man you've really let yourself GO there CP. ;)

Good point, was attempting to highlight stupidity
Toovey has cut players before and if thinks it'll help he'll do it again

A coach that has a gf, a pre Lim and a 2nd place finish to his name whose also made great recruitment calls will not be under pressure

It looks like Matty Ballin is going to play against the Dogs. If somehow Choc can get off his charge (which I highly doubt) its game on!!

voicefromthehill said:
the mauler said:
It looks like Matty Ballin is going to play against the Dogs. If somehow Choc can get off his charge (which I highly doubt) its game on!!

Ballin playing? Where are you hearing that from?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-16/matt-ballin-firming-for-manly27s-nrl-semi-final-against-canter/5747042?section=sport

Brookie Brawler said:
voicefromthehill said:
the mauler said:

Ballin playing? Where are you hearing that from?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-16/matt-ballin-firming-for-manly27s-nrl-semi-final-against-canter/5747042?section=sport

Captain Jamie Buhrer? That aside, it is mad to completely rearrange the entire team's structure. C'mon Matty - best wishes.

Ballin.....LEGEND.

If this can't inspire the team then nothing can. Matt Ballin has just jumped up the list of my favourite players (even though he was right up there).

HappilyManly said:
Kasiano is out for the season.
Although Pritchard has beefed up to his size:p

yeah, mentioned Kas cause he's the one who tried to break DCE in half in a late tackle.
Kas, Pritchard etc etc etc they're all pretty much interchangeable lardarses... unfortunately, we need to go shopping at the same store the dogs use for a couple of props.

the mauler said:
SMH. Trained strongly today and looks like playing apparently.

Must have just been a slight crack to the fibula. Standard breaks need 4-6 weeks to knit.

Killer03 said:
Ballin.....LEGEND.

If this can't inspire the team then nothing can. Matt Ballin has just jumped up the list of my favourite players (even though he was right up there).

Ballin = honourable, dedicated and a true team Player :angel:

His studies and fitness regime would enable him to judge his recovery well :)

Can't wait for Saturday :D

#GoManly win it for Choc !

#Snake200 !

I think in a season that looks like it's been coming to an abrupt halt and a fair bit of commentary around whether or not the players want to be out there, this is that ray of sunshine we all needed to hear

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6