Rd 1 in 2011 - Snake's return NOT at Brookie!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For anyone who still doesn't think that the NRL want us gone so they can justify bringing in The Central Coast Bears then you should've heard David Fairleigh on talkin sport this arvo. He basically claims that WHEN the C.C.B come into the competition they will have right of claim over ALL of Northern Sydney from Kirribilli to Lake Munmorrah.

I'm pretty sure that all the clubs submit a list to the NRL with their PREFERED Teams to play and as far as possible the NRL try to accommodate them

Very happy with the Qld games,especially if that double-header happens.
Don't worry Mick, Manly own Suncorp,as do the fans, I reckon the MWTS group is worth a ten-point start to the boys! ;)

mickqld link said:
For anyone who still doesn't think that the NRL want us gone so they can justify bringing in The Central Coast Bears then you should've heard David Fairleigh on talkin sport this arvo. He basically claims that WHEN the C.C.B come into the competition they will have right of claim over ALL of Northern Sydney from Kirribilli to Lake Munmorrah.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Bears will be in the NRL. They'll keep us in the League because they'll want a 'Derby' match to cash in on.

As for the junior catchment area have a look at Penrith who at the moment have one of the biggest area's how many Premiership's have they won?

mickqld link said:

I heard that too, he dribbles on a bit

didnt Kirribili fall smack in the middle of the bears old Catchment area?

and they are bleating to try and capture the central coast market, I'd be more worried about it if they claimed Dee Why or Palm Beach.

Till then take another tablet and have a lie down.

I don't understand why a Central Coast team would want to be associated with the Bears in any case with their abyssmal record. Last premiership 1922, last GF appearance 1943. Hardly inspiring!

As long as Asquith is in our junior comp, they're our juniors. There's another North Shore team in our comp as well I think.
Foran is a local junior (and Mitch Pearce) for that reason.

If they decide to travel up to the CC every second week, then they will belong to the Bears, but I can't see that happening.

Sheikheagle link said:
Spot on Moondog, the people of the Central Coast want an NRL team but not the Bears.
Having said that, we have picked up a couple of handy players from them over the years.Cliffy and Ken Irvine spring to mind. ;D

Who honestly gives a rats **** about the bears?
They will feature prominently on bumper stickers,not in finals football
They can give us the smallest local breeding pool as we tend to outsource most of our players to western sydney anyway

The league has changed boys,i dont give a flying rats **** if you played in the melbourne schoolboys comp aslong as when you put on the Maroon and White you bleed them colours and your heart beats them

So many out of area players have been incredible to our club over the years,Currently

Lyon (WeeWaa?)
Rodney (Penrith)
Stewarts (Illawarra)
Ballin(Brisbane) and more who i cbf to name

As far as im concerned these names are as big
to our club than even Choc (Local?)

If they have the heart,ill be proud to watch them
wear the mighty maroon and white

Probably no Brookie game till round 6 as Newcastle game is usually at Bluetongue.

As for the bears I reckon the Central Coast deserves it's own team. whether it be bears or a new name. It would be good for league. They have a cracking stadium & loads of local support. The NRL would be stupid not to tap the market.

The draw is a farce. You blokes who dont think we are being screwed over by the NRL are kidding yourselves. I'm with Mick, they are definitely out to get us. 

clontaago link said:
The draw is a farce. You blokes who dont think we are being screwed over by the NRL are kidding yourselves. I'm with Mick, they are definitely out to get us. 
Of course they are, we are in high demand.
We are the famous Manly Sea Eagles.
Would we want it any other way?

The computer that does the draw is housed down in the news limited offices in Melbourne.  So it's not a surprise that it favours the Storm and screws us.  

probably run by the dodgy Accounting firm of Noonan, Hill and Associates.

Didnt ICAC go through them a couple of years back??

The Gronk link said:
The computer that does the draw is housed down in the news limited offices in Melbourne.  So it's not a surprise that it favours the Storm and screws us. 

I actually thought it was somewhere in the U.S.
Atleast the Tele said so

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9