RBB vs Rebecca Wilson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mals said:
MadMarcus said:
globaleagle said:
Red and black are the teams colours.

It would have to be a loser team to have those colours.

By winning the Premiership Plate last season it could be argued that WSW achieved more in 1 year than the North Sydney Bears achieved in 7 decades following their most "recent" GF win in 1922 ;)

@Mals

Please don't give the North Sydney Bears and their fans any glory or accolades as they have never actually won a grand final in their entire existence when they were included in the major competition.

Between 1912 and 1925 there was no semi-final system and a final was only played if two clubs finished level at the conclusion of the Minor Premiership. Mandatory grand finals and a finals series were first introduced in 1954.

Central Coast won 2-0 last year.

The WSW have serious issues with a small group of their Fans. Every game has seats broken, stabbings/fights after the game and the dangerous flares :s

The Media haven't started to disect the Soccer like they do the League, but it will happen.

HappilyManly said:
Central Coast won 2-0 last year.

The WSW have serious issues with a small group of their Fans. Every game has seats broken, stabbings/fights after the game and the dangerous flares :s

The Media haven't started to disect the Soccer like they do the League, but it will happen.

You are joking right? You read the DT do you? I have been to around 10 games for WSW at SFS and out at Parra and only once was their any trouble which was a game against Melbourne Victory a few months ago outside the ground. Most games do have flares let off and it's very passionate / loud and it may not be for everyone and but the stabbings/seats broken you talk of happening every game is absolute rubbish.

The media reaction to anything that happens with A League but especially WSW is way over the top, any fans are made out to be hooligans for any thing when if these things happened at a NRL game it wouldn't make the news or if it did it would be said "it was lads just been lads".

The media biase in Australia is already established well and truly when it comes to Soccer as you term it

I did say 'a small group', SFS seats were smashed before we had our semis there last year.
Flares in an enclosed space full of plastic seats is criminal - have a look at a burns victim from such a device, the substance actually sticks to the flesh and burns through to the bone.:cool:

The NRL cleared out the Dogs Fans who used to do all of the above and it was headlined in all the Media.

I know it as soccer but it holds no real interest for me, as it obviously does to you :)

But I hope that the 'Soccer'oos do some damage at the World Cup!

In fact, the Socceroos' best chance of doing some damage at the World Cup is to vandalise some stadium seats.

HM I was highlighting what you said as you said every game with the seats/stabbings which is blatantly not true. Yes they did rip up some seats as you say which I agree is shocking but they haven't done this every game as you said initially, the point I'm getting at is the mass generalisation of something that happens once and then it's proclaimed " at every game" in the media and with the anti Soccer fans.

By the way I hope the Socceroos get knocked out in group stage, sick to death of that Lucas O'Neill myself, should have retired awhile ago.
Go the All Whites I say !! Unfortunately we missed out in qualifying!! Damn it!!

I'm a huge fan of making negative gross generalisations about soccer. It's a rubbish game with a limited future in this country. For all their over the top talk of dominating Australian sport their TV ratings are an embarrassment and their crowds not a lot better.

She probably gets her inspiration from the label of the grog she is drinking at the time. We should have some pity on her, if I looked like her I would drink too to numb out the pain of what I see in the mirror.

Ralphie said:
I'm a huge fan of making negative gross generalisations about soccer. It's a rubbish game with a limited future in this country. For all their over the top talk of dominating Australian sport their TV ratings are an embarrassment and their crowds not a lot better.

A bit of a falacy re: the crowds, NRL last year average was 15,940, A-League season to date is 13,962. Not bad considering the clubs have only been around for 9 years... Considering the wanderers can't seem to find a stadium big enough, i daresay that average will increase next year when they've got an extra 4,000 seats each game, that will, just like this year, be a sell out each week.

I'm a member at Manly and at WSW, 2 different sports played at 2 different times of year. The way the media carry on, you'd think there wa riot every game. There's more arrests and ejections at NRL games over the course of the year, by far. A much bigger percentage than the increased average crowd.

There has been 1 stabbing in the history of the competition, 9 years of games. Seats were broken by wanderers supporters at the SFS this year, and last year, and seats were broken at the melbourne derby. 3 games in a year when seats are broken...

jabroni said:
Ralphie said:

A bit of a falacy re: the crowds, NRL last year average was 15,940, A-League season to date is 13,962. Not bad considering the clubs have only been around for 9 years... Considering the wanderers can't seem to find a stadium big enough, i daresay that average will increase next year when they've got an extra 4,000 seats each game, that will, just like this year, be a sell out each week.

I'm a member at Manly and at WSW, 2 different sports played at 2 different times of year. The way the media carry on, you'd think there wa riot every game. There's more arrests and ejections at NRL games over the course of the year, by far. A much bigger percentage than the increased average crowd.

There has been 1 stabbing in the history of the competition, 9 years of games. Seats were broken by wanderers supporters at the SFS this year, and last year, and seats were broken at the melbourne derby. 3 games in a year when seats are broken...

Clutching at straws a little. The most recent ratings was a viewing audience of 67,000 per game. The NRL under 20's rates better than that. No ratings = no cash.

Look, I have tried to watch a couple of games. It reminded me of the "kick it to me" mentality, wild shots a goal that had no hope and for the love of God, why do they cheer and applaud when someone kicks the ball out?????

What a one dimensional boredom-fest. No wonder they sing and fight in the stands, they are bored!!

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2013/12/23/bbl-ratings-hit-a-league-for-six

No doubt the tv ratings were poor, actual season average is 108,631, which is a 31% increase on the previous year. It's a bit hard to compare to NRL and AFL, and recently, even the big bash, as they're all on commercial networks. What was the big bash's ratings the previous year when it was just on fox? A miniscule amount compared to current amounts.

As i said, i appreciate both games, and am a season ticket holder at both for a reason. Some of the soccer people think NRL is a game played by boofheads with no skill, just meat heads running at eachother 200+ times each game. Some think that one out running is boring. They don't appreciate the skill in players like DCE and Snake.

On the flipside, seems you don't appreciate the skill in kicking a moving ball off the ground 50m to land at the feet of a running attacker and putting him into space away from a defender. Billions of people however do, and it's only a matter of time till the rest of Australia does.

But that's not what this is about. We've complained about Bourbon Beccy and her biased reporting for years and done bugger all about it, yet these guys jump on the front foot the week after she tried to drag them through the mud. To me, that's very interesting. Why haven't we, or any other NRL club for that matter had the guts, or brains, to give it back to her publicly?

Jethro said:
Mals said:
MadMarcus said:
globaleagle said:
Red and black are the teams colours.

It would have to be a loser team to have those colours.

By winning the Premiership Plate last season it could be argued that WSW achieved more in 1 year than the North Sydney Bears achieved in 7 decades following their most "recent" GF win in 1922 ;)

@Mals

Please don't give the North Sydney Bears and their fans any glory or accolades as they have never actually won a grand final in their entire existence when they were included in the major competition.

Between 1912 and 1925 there was no semi-final system and a final was only played if two clubs finished level at the conclusion of the Minor Premiership. Mandatory grand finals and a finals series were first introduced in 1954.

Ah ok I stand corrected the Bears didn't win a GF (although according to wiki they won a final [premiership play off] against Glebe in 1922) but were first past the post like the Wanderers were last season. The difference is the Wanderers are 1 from 1.... the Bears on the other hand... 2 from 92

jabroni said:
No doubt the tv ratings were poor, actual season average is 108,631, which is a 31% increase on the previous year. It's a bit hard to compare to NRL and AFL, and recently, even the big bash, as they're all on commercial networks. What was the big bash's ratings the previous year when it was just on fox? A miniscule amount compared to current amounts.

As i said, i appreciate both games, and am a season ticket holder at both for a reason. Some of the soccer people think NRL is a game played by boofheads with no skill, just meat heads running at eachother 200+ times each game. Some think that one out running is boring. They don't appreciate the skill in players like DCE and Snake.

On the flipside, seems you don't appreciate the skill in kicking a moving ball off the ground 50m to land at the feet of a running attacker and putting him into space away from a defender. Billions of people however do, and it's only a matter of time till the rest of Australia does.

But that's not what this is about. We've complained about Bourbon Beccy and her biased reporting for years and done bugger all about it, yet these guys jump on the front foot the week after she tried to drag them through the mud. To me, that's very interesting. Why haven't we, or any other NRL club for that matter had the guts, or brains, to give it back to her publicly?

Oh come on Jabroni, don't spoil my fun. I can be narrow minded in the name of bagging soccer can't I.

On the Rebecca Wilson subject, this is exactly what she wants. She would be as happy as can be that this has generated this response.

Mals said:
Ah ok I stand corrected the Bears didn't win a GF (although according to wiki they won a final [premiership play off] against Glebe in 1922)

You are absolutely correct Mals. They did win a final against Glebe in 1922 because they were both tied at the end of the premiership season but it wasn't a Grand Final and don't let anyone tell you anything different. We don't want any glory given to those Bear scum who tried their hardest to kill us off and steal our NRL licence during that dreaded Joint Venture nightmare :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6