Ray Hardlee?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is the worst. Calls everything like it happened six seconds ago. Should have known why manly wore the jumpers they did totally unprofessional. But I think he is a very sad and cranky human and for that I feel sorry for the dude. Must be hard going through life hating like that.

On a brighter note (sorry I don't have time to bring up the old talkin sport thread my wife is home from melbourne any minute and I have to clean this house ASAP) I heard a caller to graeme tunksy and the boys in reference to the farrer Tallis fued call for an end to all this insinuendo. I don't know what the iron stine was insinuating but I can't keep up with all the current innuendo.

Hadlee calls games on TV like he does on the radio. Problem is that while radio listeners (who aren't at the ground) rely on a full description of the action, on TV we can see what's going on.

You've got to hand it to Nein though. Even though his radio show rates (somehow) highly, they've figured out that most people don't like Raaaay and have shunted him to the Qld live telecast (its like Nein is punishing Qld viewers).

Either way I still wish that it was Voss and not Hadlee doing the call.

That combination of hadlee lewis and lockyer is the worst commentary team in sport. Gus was the only one worth listening to and thats a struggle in its own right.

Seriously hadlee needs to go back to radio, lewis needs to be gone completely and I guess lockyer cab get a job doing voice overs for a batman cartoon. Just anything but commentate the NRL.

How's this for a random marketing idea... Have a comp where the public are invited to submit their own commentary over a dubbed piece of footage (I dunno, say 5 minutes worth). A winner is selected and invited to join the real commentary team to participate in a selected game (not the team that the winner follows).

Reality TV meets NRL. I'm telling you, there's potential in that idea. So much more creative and interesting than listening to Hardlee.

Either that, or bring back Roy &HG. :)

HK_Eagle said:
How's this for a random marketing idea... Have a comp where the public are invited to submit their own commentary over a dubbed piece of footage (I dunno, say 5 minutes worth). A winner is selected and invited to join the real commentary team to participate in a selected game (not the team that the winner follows).

Reality TV meets NRL. I'm telling you, there's potential in that idea. So much more creative and interesting than listening to Hardlee.

Either that, or bring back Roy &HG. :)

You could deadset have the following over dubbed over the footy and it would be better commentary than Hadley and co

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEJK40cR5k

@globaleagle you have lots of time ok your hands, can you make a better video?

I thought that it was pretty offensive, I even considered being less confrontational but then I realised you are a true supporter and not an ironstine, so threw caution to the wind, in other words I think you have thick skin. @globaleagle

At least last night there was less cheering than normal from Lewis and Lockyer....simply because other than Reed's try there was nothing from the Donkeys for them to cheer about.

Hadlee constantly attacked our playing strip. Sure it was hard seeing Manly play in Paramatta colours, but as the official FTA broadcaster of the NRL, Nein should have been promoting the Marvel initiative, not attacking it (having a lot more maroon and white on the jumper and shorts would have solved a lot of that problem).

I never thought I'd say this but Gus made it easier to listen to last night. Other than his story about Rabs trying to get out of flying to Cairns for the Knights v Vermin game (which I'll admit I found amusing), without having to sit alongside Rabs he actually commentated on the game itself instead of what we usually hear from him (going off on tangents with Rabs that have nothing to do with the game).

We need an ex-Manly player in the commentary box. Some might not agree but bring back Fatty!!!!!!!

Dan said:
It took me a good part of the afternoon, but I feel it was time well spent

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzruQ7hMEyg&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Brilliant. You have captured the primitive essence of rugby league. (Whether or not you intended to is another matter!)

HoldenV8 said:
At least last night there was less cheering than normal from Lewis and Lockyer....simply because other than Reed's try there was nothing from the Donkeys for them to cheer about.

Hadlee constantly attacked our playing strip. Sure it was hard seeing Manly play in Paramatta colours, but as the official FTA broadcaster of the NRL, Nein should have been promoting the Marvel initiative, not attacking it (having a lot more maroon and white on the jumper and shorts would have solved a lot of that problem).

I never thought I'd say this but Gus made it easier to listen to last night. Other than his story about Rabs trying to get out of flying to Cairns for the Knights v Vermin game (which I'll admit I found amusing), without having to sit alongside Rabs he actually commentated on the game itself instead of what we usually hear from him (going off on tangents with Rabs that have nothing to do with the game).

We need an ex-Manly player in the commentary box. Some might not agree but bring back Fatty!!!!!!!

The Beaver!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Dan said:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzruQ7hMEyg&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Brilliant. You have captured the primitive essence of rugby league. (Whether or not you intended to is another matter!)

Space Odyssey 2001; The Director's Cut.

HK_Eagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Dan said:

Space Odyssey 2001; The Director's Cut.

God, thats the most primal laugh I've had for a long time. Hilarious! Well worth the effort!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2