Rate our chances in 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ll flip this around and tell you why the other teams won’t win:

1. Souffs won’t win because they have lost a lot of fire power and it is almost impossible to go Back to Back.

2. Canterbury won’t win because they have a weak halves pairing and their big pack will struggle with the fast play the ball.

3. Nth Qld’s only chance of winning is to finish top 2 and keep on winning so they only play the GF in Sydney. History suggests they can’t win enough games in Sydney to finish top 2 (I’m not so sure this year).

4. Easts won’t win because they have been weakened by the departure of SBW & Mini.

5. The Scum won’t win, they are on the slide.

6. Cronulla won’t win because they are Cronulla.

7. Brisbane won’t win because they are an injury ravaged group coached by a dinosaur who hasn’t had a modern game plan since 2006.

8. The rest aren’t worth mentioning except for us and Penrith.

Penrith came so so close last season even though they were riddled with injuries. I don’t expect that to happen again this year so I am predicting a Penrith V Manly GF.

Rumour file time: I just heard from someone who knows someone that Foran to Parra is still on, Sandow will get the punt and DCE will resign for a record deal once Foz announces. I imagine then we will go after Sezer and the Burgi...

I think we have the go forward in our forwards this year.If our halves combine better we're definately a top four chance.Still early to say if we can be premiers.

Rumour file time: I just heard from someone who knows someone that Foran to Parra is still on, Sandow will get the punt and DCE will resign for a record deal once Foz announces. I imagine then we will go after Sezer and the Burgi...

Looks like your mate either reads the Eels forum or the Telegraph.

May well be true , but the longer it goes the more we firm to sign both because if the Squeals were offering 1.5 Million a season for 4 years and it was a fair dinkum deal I'd suggest Fozzie would have already been announced as their star signing for 2016-2019 already.

They haven't , so IMO probably not happening.

Looks like the general consensus is with no key injuries we should finish top 4 and i certainly agree with that our 1/2 's with there minds fully focused and our backline adds up to top 4 , the forwards with the new recruits and enthusiasm and willing i believe can compete with any other pack . so top 4 will do me ,as for who else to make a charge against us i dont care cause you just have to beat who is in front of you So lets kick it n rip it

Looks like the general consensus is with no key injuries we should finish top 4 and i certainly agree with that our 1/2 's with there minds fully focused and our backline adds up to top 4 , the forwards with the new recruits and enthusiasm and willing i believe can compete with any other pack . so top 4 will do me ,as for who else to make a charge against us i dont care cause you just have to beat who is in front of you So lets kick it n rip it

Well said Fibro, and welcome on board ST!!

It's tough to get a good read on who will win until about Round 20.

That said, I'd be surprised if we miss the top 4. We have bought well. We have some of the best players in the game with Snake, Killer, DCE and Foz. We just need to dodge that injury bullet which sadly we caught fair between the cheeks last year.

Fair to say, I'm optimistic.

Premiers!
No bell ringing or 'glory glory' this year. Rusty will be throwing phones left, right and centre in disgust. Onlookers might be lucky enough catch an iPhone 6.
Rothtool will be constantly writing ridiculous and untrue stories about evil doings and rumours on the northern beaches.
The rugby league community will be out in full Manly hate as the media tells them to do so and they can't think for themselves.
Jamie Lyon will lift trophy #9 in early October.
It will be a glorious year.
Hope so anyway.:D

Last edited:
Top 2. Especially, if our halves sort the contract stuff out early

if we have better luck with injuries then we should do better than last year

It all depends on where the heads are of our halves

Will finish 3-4 seasons end.
Finals are a new chapter - injuries will determine plenty but we are no stronger than Roosters , Souths or Nth Qld at full strength.....this Dogs stuff , I'm not sold...in fact we were a debacle in that final - missing players , only 70% attitude wise & were only a couple of poor options & massive off sides that cost the game & that grub Ennis, though not a fan - will be missed.
IF The Trjobovic boys & say Leary or another smokey stands up we could take this 2015 by the jugular because I have little doubt Mason & Mateo will add much starch & skill to the field.
Also a fan of young Hodges, yes Ballin is an 80 minute warrior but the zest this kid brings can destroy plenty of defensive lines & become a matchwinner...a definate in the 17 imo.

I'm also positive for the season. I think we will get off to an inconsistent start with some new faces bedding in and maybe some changing in the team to work out what our best 17 is and where people fit in best. Not to mention potential contract disputes that I really hope are sorted by kick off time. However it's not that unrealistic to think they will overlap in to the early stages of the season.

But I'm sure Tooves and the boys won't panic and we will regather fairly sharpish, crack on with the season business as usual and I expect top 4 finish at the very least. I reckon top 2 (injuries permitting).

Teams may have better players than us on paper. But I think we are a better team. We prove this year in year out with our top four finishes despite who we've lost or how good anybody around us supposedly is.

Everyone around us has weakened, we have got stronger. We've got a great chance of another premiership. Bring it on.

For a minute there I thought you had Sandow coming to Manly! :eek:

Rumours. Let's just indulge them for a sec, Parra supporters. From the money we'll save when Foran signs with the Slime we'll be able to offer Hayne the necessary salary to play five-eighth for us when his fanciful dream to play NRL fails.

Rumours. Let's just indulge them for a sec, Parra supporters. From the money we'll save when Foran signs with the Slime we'll be able to offer Hayne the necessary salary to play five-eighth for us when his fanciful dream to play NRL fails.

Well I countered with Sezer and the Burgi when he told me that and we both agreed that is a much better outcome than a possible 1M to just Foz...

He's a great player and if he stays even better but if he goes they can go Maloney or Sezer or Lyon if need be and there is a lot of money left over to bolster the squad. Not exactly the end of times many are predicting...

We still have the backline. And Willie, Burgess and Mateo offer good depth and cover for the losses of Choc, Gift, King. But I think we will go as far as improvement allows for the likes of Buhrer, Lui and JSL. If those guys take the next step, then we are as much a chance as any.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6