Radradra leaves Parramatta

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is undeniable that semi radradra is a rare talent in Rugby League but does anyone know if he has a chance to get picked by the Wallabies? or is he going to stick to Fiji this time.

Benji Marshall will take a keen interest in how Semi Radradra drama unfolds
Date
June 19, 2016 - 6:58PM
Steve Mascord

Benji Marshall is one man who will be watching very closely Parramatta's attempts to retain truant Semi Radradra by allowing him a rugby union stint. In 2009, Benji wanted an off-season stint in Japanese union and then NRL CEO David Gallop said: "I can't think of a business which would allow one of its star performers to go work for the opposition in the off-season. If I work for Coke, I'm not going to be allowed to go to Pepsi for a few months." A change in stance means the NRL no longer feels it is in competition with rugby union or does not care about that competition outside its own borders.

Besides, if it's an inducement for a player contracted until the end of next year to extent his deal at a club and it's a way around the salary cap then everyone will try to do it. Parramatta should just seek Sonny Bill Williams-style compensation and send Semi packing.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...in-england-20160618-gpmhyv.html#ixzz4C40jVVcU
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

In 2009, Benji wanted an off-season stint in Japanese union and then NRL CEO David Gallop said: "I can't think of a business which would allow one of its star performers to go work for the opposition in the off-season. If I work for Coke, I'm not going to be allowed to go to Pepsi for a few months."

Classic Gallop... When is the Pepsi/Coke offseason?

If they allow semi to play Rugby Union in the off season a lot more players will want to do it aswell. In the long run I think this could hurt the game.

It will be interesting

If they allow semi to play Rugby Union in the off season a lot more players will want to do it aswell. In the long run I think this could hurt the game.

It will be interesting
It will hurt the young guys longevity if 20yo olds play all year every year.

How was the souths defender who went out of his way to mark the winger for the last 30 metres! The guy with the ball is the prime target mr defender!
It was Johnston and it was a horrible effort. He needed to make Semi make a decision, instead he turned his back and started running away from him

By Patrick Cowper
Published on Jun. 20, 2016
Semi Radradra is set to take up a short-term contract with French rugby, according to new reports emerging out of Fiji.

The Fijian flyer is set to leave the Eels after their round 17 match-up with the Sharks according to the Wide World of Sports, to take up a nine-month contract with the 15-man code.

Radradra’s sister, Vaseva Waqavatu told the Fiji Times: “Semi has discussed his move with my parents and we are supporting him 100 per cent.”

The Eels granted Radradra personal leave to visit his sick father back in Fiji over Parramatta’s bye weekend, with the 24-year-old citing personal reasons for leaving the Blue and Gold.

When Greenberg said Parra wouldn't get near any Semis due to their salary cap breaches I guess he really meant it.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6