Rabs commentary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Its getting beyond a joke now. His fellow callers have to correct his mistakes all night. Last night he called NZ Queensland FFS. Surely he can move on before next season.

I do not really pay attention to the commentators so I do not get all the whinging about who is bad/terrible etc.

I can't stand the thought of listening to them for the next few years.

All they do is bag the game, bag the rules, bag the refs and then go on about it for the next 10 minutes!

We all have a whinge but when you are the ones calling it and promoting the game, you should do just that.

The difference between how the afl call their game to ours is embarrassing. If they don't like a call, they say it and get on with it. Channel 9 team have to go on and on and on about it.

Peter Sterling, the stripping rule has been in place for years.....get over it and call the bloody game!:mad:

In fairness to Rabs, he isn't far wrong with getting Qld and NZ mixed up, the whole origin side will be Kiwi soon

"Ben Te'o - Hibiscus Coast Raiders" haha

With the likelihood of Channel Nein going into receivership growing stronger by the day, perhaps it will have to give up the rights to the NRL and the commentary problem will be solved.

The Who said:
With the likelihood of Channel Nein going into receivership growing stronger by the day, perhaps it will have to give up the rights to the NRL and the commentary problem will be solved.
It's not the rights which are a problem. It is the broadcaster. I have worked with several product agents over my time and none of them will ever bag the product they have. The sell it. Talk it up. Never put it down or mention its weaknesses. Even if they don't believe in it, they never undermine their product which they heavily invested in and have a lot of stake in. So. Is it the commentators fault or the honchos at nine.
I don't want nine to lose the rights or go bust. But if they bring the game into disrepute then they should be called in by the commission to explain their actions. The commentary has gotten really bad. The cricket commentary is still as great as ever.

The Who said:

Channel Nine will just be sold to another buyer at a bargain basement price,as long as the banks get their money back, the Investment fund that owned Nine will just have to take a massive hit.
Rugby League will still be the jewel in the crown for any network,and Nine would be foolish to jeopardise their contract with the ARLC

manlyfan76 said:
Its getting beyond a joke now. His fellow callers have to correct his mistakes all night. Last night he called NZ Queensland FFS. Surely he can move on before next season.

His understanding of the stripping interpretation showed he has no idea. From the 'premier' commentator for the code, it is an embarassment.

eagleE said:
It's not the rights which are a problem. It is the broadcaster

This is where I disagree. The rights ARE the problem.

The TV rights is a contract, plain & simple. Whatever is in the contract the NRL can enforce. If it isnt in the contract then the broadcaster has no obligation. All the rest and anything else is just personalities.

The NRL really do need to re-evaluate how to put together a tender document to invite submissions. It is ONLY this document that can set out the perameters for how any successful broadcaster would behave under the conditions of the rights contract.

Im happy to write it. Grant call me & make me an offer.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4