1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rabbs saddles up

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Bradza, May 31, 2011.

1. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    I was able to watch a recording of Friday's game last night. Just before the players came out they showed the Giddy Up Stewy sign in the crowd. Not long after that Ray Warren had some interesting comments that I haven't heard mentioned anywhere. The Manly players were running on the field and the camera focussed on Snake. Rabbs said something along the lines of "the Manly fans love it when they see this guy CANTERING onto the field. He seems to have overcome those NAGGING leg injuries........."

Coincedence? I don't think so!! Nice little sly one. ;)

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    Must watch that again to see that......very sly indeed!!

3. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    I don't think Rabbs is smart enough to be that subtle...

4. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6

I'd agree with that but someone at Ch 9 had all week to think of it and feed him the line.

5. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Good to see the banner made tv. Spoke to stewy at the function and he loved the sign

6. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    I don't think anyone at Ch 9 is smart enough to be that subtle, even with a week to think about it!

7. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Still one of my favourite lines of commentary was from rabs when Brett returned against the tigers and scored 3

"they call him the prince of brookvale, I don't, I call him mr magic" or something like that

8. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  9. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0

Having met Rabs several times I think this is exactly his style. In social situations he is subtle as a sledgehammer but he loves to get subtle digs into his commentary cause he can't be seen to be favouring one side or another in the booth

10. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Lol what i notice about this pic is , all the local bronc`s fans are rugged up & the Manly fans are mostly all wearing short sleeved jersey`s lol..
    I was the same when i went to QLD during NSW`s winter ,im wearing boardies & t shirts & the locals are wearing long pants with long sleeves shirts , jumpers.. :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    If you look at the bitch in glasses below the left hand side of the Giddy Up Stewy sign, she is the reason we were louder than normal.

The drum got confiscated shortly after this, courtesy of her complaints to security, so we decided we would be even louder than if we had the drum.

I did enjoy pissing her off as much as we did.

12. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    You just dont see lesbians as happy as they used to be these days.

13. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    And the old crunt beside her was the guy having a go at Cambo. Sour lot. Funny that at the end of the game I asked him why he was such a prick towards us and he replied he was a Dogs supporter. I told him to go and get ****ed.

14. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    We had the same issues at Suncorp last year. We sat in the Away supporters bays on the corner of the stadium and this old lady sat right at the end of the next bay over the isle from us and kept complaining to security about our noise levels. The security told us to be quite and we of course ignored them, the police were brought around and basically just rolled their eyes and left again.

At the end of the game having won thanks to a missed parker kick on full time I crossed the isle and sweetly said to the lady, 'Have a nice mothers day' before leaving. She looked like she was going to die of shock. Funny stuff.

15. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Why go to a live game and complain about the noise? Watch it tv if it's to loud.

16. Jonesyv2

Jonesyv2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Seriously we should be thanking that hag, she egged us on chronically we should invite someone like that to every game to rile us up.

17. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    It's a shame that stupid Push it Up Manly sign is in the shot too.

18. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Now thats the spirit !

19. Downie

Downie Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    haha, that's slowly become one of my favourites