Rabbitohs Take Internal Disciplinary Action Against Five Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
The South Sydney Rabbitohs will drop four players from its NRL side, as well as make a change to its captaincy, for this Sunday’s game against the North Queensland Cowboys at ANZ Stadium at 3pm.
The Rabbitohs will make Ben Rogers, Jaiman Lowe, Eddie Paea and Fetuli Talanoa unavailable for selection this week, and David Kidwell will relinquish his co-captaincy, after breaches to the players’ standards following the game against the Brisbane Broncos last Friday night.
The players, in consultation with the captains, set a standard of a zero breath-alcohol limit at the team’s regeneration session on Saturday morning and these five players failed to meet that standard.
Rabbitohs Director of Football Operations Shane Richardson said: “The players set themselves a standard which the club agreed with following last Friday night’s game, and these players didn’t meet these standards.”
“We want to point out that the players didn’t cause any trouble, however as a Club we take these standards very seriously and action has been taken to reflect our stance.
“The coaching staff feel very strongly about this as it goes to the heart of what we’re trying to do here as a Club.”
South Sydney Football Club Executive Chairman Peter Holmes à Court said: “We are seeking to be disciplined and professional in everything we do. This action by the Coach and the Football Department shows that we are serious about maintaining the standards set by the Club and the players each and every week.”
Head Coach Jason Taylor has promoted Dean Widders back into the NRL line up at five-eighth with Issac Luke shifting to halfback. Rookie John Tamanika will make his NRL debut on the wing, with Beau Falloon and Eddy Pettybourne getting a call-up into the NRL side on the interchange bench.
The Rabbitohs NRL side is:

1. Nathan Merritt
  2. John Tamanika
  3. Nigel Vagana
  4. Beau Champion
  5. Germaine Paulson
  6. Dean Widders
  7. Issac Luke
  8. Manase Manuokafoa
  9. George Ndaira
  10. Roy Asotasi (c)
  11. David Kidwell
  12. David Fa’alogo
  13. John Sutton

Interchange:

1. Beau Falloon
  2. Shannan McPherson
  3. Luke Stuart
  4. Eddy Pettybourne

Coach – Jason Taylor

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Clu...e-Players.html

If only Rusty was around to guide them, Holmes a Court has been awfully quiet this year too. Great to see the Rabbitohs imploding like this, I hope it continues for many years to come.

How realistic is it that a club goes on a zero alchohol limit after a Friday night game. Surely a few beers, taken in moderation is okay - given that the injury situation is not too bad.

Couldn't agree more CW. I am sure the club nazis will be checking that they brushed their teeth, wore clean jammies and were tucked away in bed by 10.30pm. What a joke. Are they fielding a team of men or a bunch of soft cuddly bunnies (ok, I may have to withdraw that on the evidence presented..).

It's fair enough, no drinking until after the recovery session, seems sensible, Roosters have a similar thing going don't they? If you can't wait a day for a beer you've got problems.

I suppose it is based on alchohol slowing down the healing process. If it is in their contract and medically advised fine, but it is not very realistic for young men with 8 days till the next game and away from home on a road trip after a Friday game. It isn't that they were drunk.

0-7

I think the rabbits have got this right.
It sends a clear message break the rules and u pay.

Kidwell might still be playing but hes been publicly humliated and has lost the captaincy.

Heard Jason Taylor this morning on the radio, the players said after the game they were going out to meet up with family/friends and they would not be drinking, so it's all brought upon themselves.

After 7  straight losses maybe they all should be going out on the turps for a bit of team bonding & confidence building

How is getting hammered the night before rehab session going to help that.

They should be off the turps the whole year. **** seeing friends and family; they should be doing ball sessions to master the basics.

Hopeless side.

Funny thing is Taylor's got a recent history of urine and booze himself.  Hopeless team with a hopeless coach.   

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8