Rabbitohs Extend Contracts of David Tyrrell and Thomas BurgessRabbitohs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There are so many rumours about Burgess coming here blah blah blah, you have to be realistic. He has had recent success there and he will be paid handsomely for his efforts. I dont blame him for staying there. We really need to sort out who will be the coach beyond the immediate future because we are really going to struggle signing anyone until that is resolved. If you were a player off contract and looking at new options, your first question would have to be, who is the coach? how is the club run? is there a chance of success there? Right now, those questions are where Manly have been struggling of late. We need to get our house in order and fast!
**** no. If I was in a premiership winning team and they offered me good $$$ I wouldn't be joining the rabble that is us at the moment.

Players will come, but it's going to take a few years. I think we will struggle for a while in the interim period.

But it will happen !!

There are so many rumours about Burgess coming here blah blah blah, you have to be realistic. He has had recent success there and he will be paid handsomely for his efforts. I dont blame him for staying there. We really need to sort out who will be the coach beyond the immediate future because we are really going to struggle signing anyone until that is resolved. If you were a player off contract and looking at new options, your first question would have to be, who is the coach? how is the club run? is there a chance of success there? Right now, those questions are where Manly have been struggling of late. We need to get our house in order and fast!
Good point about the coach !!

I'd say that would be holding plenty back at present .

So should we be starting our posts with Dear Kieran ?

What's wrong with tamou. We know how good he Is on his day. Guy may just need a change of scenery.
"On his day" is what worries me....I'm certainly no expert but from what I've seen he drops in and out of games and I'm hoping we can get someone a little more consistent.

So if it's not his job to persuade talent to sign at our club, please point me in the general direction of who is......... So far this guy has let both an Aus and nz representative halves pairing go and after today's news he's also missed burgess, at the end of the day we at some point need players walking through the door to replace what were lost...... These days your judged on results, to this day his results at our club have been what exactly ....... And I don't count ballin, he's made his intentions clear all along , loves the place and wants to go out a one club legend.

So he's failed to negotiate a suitable contract for an Australian representative, a New Zealand representative and now a Great Britain representative. Congratulations Joe. You've collected the set...........now you can put houses on hotels on them.

LOL. Oh just stop it.

Its turned from hilarious to depressing. And thats just the sentiments posted around here.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-he-remembers-the-titans-20120505-1y69m.html

Toovey won't take Raiders lightly as he remembers the Titans
Date
May 6, 2012
Russell Jackson
MANLY coach Geoff Toovey has found out twice this year that a team given no hope can make you look silly in the NRL, and he doesn't want the same to happen on Sunday against Canberra.

The Sea Eagles host the Raiders at Brookvale Oval with the Raiders $5 outsiders.

Canberra was belted 44-22 by Cronulla at home last week while Manly comes into the match off the back of a gritty 12-10 away win over the Bulldogs.

While most punters are declaring Manly over the line, with the Raiders expected to lose their third-straight match - Toovey sees Canberra as a dangerous opponent.

''The last two teams we've played that have been under pressure [were] Parramatta and the Titans and they turned it around against us,'' Toovey said.

''We're aware of that and we're going to make sure that doesn't happen again.''

Manly was upset 29-20 by Parramatta in round five in what is the Eels only win of the season so far.

Two rounds later the Sea Eagles hosted Gold Coast and the Titans broke a five-game losing streak with a 26-14 victory at fortress Brookvale which prompted an angry response from the Manly supporters.

''It [Titans game] was terrible. I've actually received a few letters from our fans noting that they weren't real happy with that last performance [at home],'' Toovey said.

''I've read them to the players and the players are aware of that and we'll make sure we turn up next week,'' Toovey said.:giggle:

One big plus for Manly is inspirational lock Glenn Stewart who made a solid return from injury against the Bulldogs last week.

''He's still a way off his best but he's definitely good to have back in the team,'' said Toovey.

''He's another one that you need to be around to win those tight games … he adds a lot of confidence to the players around him as well, so that's important.''

Toovey is keen for Manly to notch back-to-back wins for the first time since the opening two rounds.

''We can't win-loss win-loss we have to string a few wins together to stay in touch with the competition leaders,'' he said.

''We don't want to be fighting our way into the top eight at the end of the year.''
=================================
Titans loss was in Rd 7, Manly didn't lose again till Rd 15 @:cool:

Well mason just said on sterlo they were after him...... Guess a player amongst the camp would know more then you and I.
I missed that part I was to busy pissing myself laughing at how dumb GI is, I almost feel sorry for him.

In the real world, CEO's don't simply take our wish list, make a phone call, transfer money into the players account and say welcome aboard.

Tom Burgess is currently playing for the reigning premiers with his twin brother, is well paid, and is very settled....that's probably got more to do with his re-signing at Souths than anything Joe Kelly has done. Misguided anger is not becoming of anyone.

I agree snake, so set a realistic recruitment target, and give the fan base something to be optimistic about. Good news is imperative to keep a fan base engaged or restore faith in management. Pretty simple ethos.

In the real world, CEO's don't simply take our wish list, make a phone call, transfer money into the players account and say welcome aboard.

Tom Burgess is currently playing for the reigning premiers with his twin brother, is well paid, and is very settled....that's probably got more to do with his re-signing at Souths than anything Joe Kelly has done. Misguided anger is not becoming of anyone.

Ordinarily though to be fair, a new CEO brings in new players and add values (points to Phil Gould - Whare, Kite etc etc etc). What has Kelly done? Brought across a hack in Burgess who wasn't even making the bunnies 1st grade team at times - a fringe player.

Kelly has completely lit a fuse at our club, and the whole place has blown apart. I'm still waiting to hear what value he has added to anything?

Jesus, bring back Graham Lowe !

Please God.....don't let us sign JamesTamou.
Agree..no Tamou, surely there are young eager forwards who play with heart available....what about outside the nrl? Dont pay overs because we are desperate for god sake JOE!!! All we have is the war chest to show of what was a great side, just hope we spend this wisely...and not f*** it up like how we negotiated with our halves.....Personally thats left me concerned with every decision that needs to be negotiated including new signings.

Ordinarily though to be fair, a new CEO brings in new players and add values (points to Phil Gould - Whare, Kite etc etc etc). What has Kelly done? Brought across a hack in Burgess who wasn't even making the bunnies 1st grade team at times - a fringe player.

Kelly has completely lit a fuse at our club, and the whole place has blown apart. I'm still waiting to hear what value he has added to anything?

Jesus, bring back Graham Lowe !

I don't think he is going great, but independent of everything else, this one is certainly out of his hands....we can make the best offer possible, but at the end of the day it's up to Burgess what he decides to do. Until Tom comes out and states that he was a done deal at Manly until Joe Kelly messed the whole thing up, I believe we should remain rational and reasonable.

Where does all this leave Sam? Surely the Vermin couldn't fit him in with all the reupped guys.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4